Forums: Relationships:
Breaking Up

No subject

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
gothic_child528 On March 03, 2007

colorado springs, Colorado
#1New Post! May 18, 2006 @ 19:59:30
ok, i hope that i am in the right forum for this topic, hopefully i am . ok, so i have been dating this guy for a while now, and we get along with eachother, and we are very open with eachother (such as he can freely tell me what other girls he really likes, and i won't freak out such as other girls might), and he is good to me. he just gets a little too open sometimes with me about the other chicks, and he says how some of them are hotter than me and stuff, and i try to just blow it off as if it were nothing... sometimes he jokes.... sometimes he isn't when says those things. he just says how sometimes he wishes he were dating someone hotter and dating me at the same time, and that makes me sort of worthless as i don't feel beautiful in his eyes. i'm not real sure what to do, as i really really like him, but some of the things that he says to me are just plain evil... anybody have some supportive advice as i am just ripping myself apart... help
knerba On May 13, 2011

Sandy, Utah
#2New Post! May 18, 2006 @ 20:01:28
Leave him. If he thinks he can do better, let him try. You deserve someone who loves you for you. You are young and don't need this sort of drama. You should set your standards higher right this minute and never accept a man making you feel ugly or worthless.
stumblinthrulife On April 16, 2008

Deleted

Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! May 18, 2006 @ 20:05:12
It's very healthy for you to not freak when he looks at another woman, it speaks loudly for your confidence and self esteem. However, it sounds like he is taking advantage of the fact that he see's no barriers whatever.

Hopefully, since it seems you have good communication, you can sit down with him and say something like "I don't mind you looking at other girls, but it does hurt my feelings when you compare them to me, and say you prefer them". You should also point out that it's really not nice for him to talk about being with another girl while he is with you. I hope that he will take this maturely, and he will change his behaviour. I can't guarantee it though.

At the end of the day, you are being more understanding with him than any man has a right to expect. He might not understand that though, since he is presumably around your age, and inexperienced in relationships with the opposite sex. If he can't take what you have to say, and is not prepared to meet you half way on the issue, then I feel you could do better.
cole On October 22, 2023

Stirling, United Kingdom
#4New Post! May 18, 2006 @ 20:05:57
tell him how you feel, give him a couple of weeks and if it doesn't improve them leave him - you will have at least given him the chance to fix his mistakes
gothic_child528 On March 03, 2007

colorado springs, Colorado
#5New Post! May 20, 2006 @ 04:54:13
thank you everybody for your support, it is greatly appreaciated
iman00biegf On June 04, 2006

Savannah,
#6New Post! May 20, 2006 @ 16:38:39
why the heck would you let him talk to you about other girls? do you want this relationship to work or not?? why would you want to hear about that anyways?
southernsoul On June 22, 2006

portsmouth, United Kingdom
#7New Post! May 20, 2006 @ 16:43:23
@gothic_child528 Said
ok, i hope that i am in the right forum for this topic, hopefully i am . ok, so i have been dating this guy for a while now, and we get along with eachother, and we are very open with eachother (such as he can freely tell me what other girls he really likes, and i won't freak out such as other girls might), and he is good to me. he just gets a little too open sometimes with me about the other chicks, and he says how some of them are hotter than me and stuff, and i try to just blow it off as if it were nothing... sometimes he jokes.... sometimes he isn't when says those things. he just says how sometimes he wishes he were dating someone hotter and dating me at the same time, and that makes me sort of worthless as i don't feel beautiful in his eyes. i'm not real sure what to do, as i really really like him, but some of the things that he says to me are just plain evil... anybody have some supportive advice as i am just ripping myself apart... help

i read a quote once that simply said ... 'no man or woman is worth your tears .. the one who is wont make you cry!' ... he is insensitive and obviously doesnt realise the true value and worth of what he has! you're very young .. dont let this person influence your self worth! the fact that you have posted this suggests that you know in your own mind that what he is doing is wrong! move on .. someone out there will love you for who you are and wont even consider comparing you to anyone else! there should be no comparison!
rashell16 On August 04, 2010

City of the Dead, Palau
#8New Post! May 20, 2006 @ 16:48:02
its good that you guys are open with each other, but there are some things he needs to keep to himself. i was in your position once. and i think it made the person feel that if she cheated on me, i wouldnt really care, and she did. twice. and she told me about it out of guilt. she broke up with me the second time it happend. let him go before he hurts you. because if you dont you'll look back on it and think why didnt you do this, or why didnt you do that. its not a good feeling.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs