Law

Nightmare Neigbours...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
markfox01 On October 23, 2021
innit!

Welshman in Brum.., United Kin
#1New Post! Apr 13, 2006 @ 08:17:34
I have a mate that just bought his first ever house, in a "nice area" of bristol about 2 years ago. This area now has had influx of the council buying houses and converting them into 1 bedroom flats.

8 months ago he got a lovely wake up call to a group of people (not kids) fighting on the street. These people had just moved in next door to him. Someone called the police, they came and broke up the fight...

That was the start of a down ward spiral. Theres been an increase in criminal damage, his cars been broken into.. these peoples kids from the age of 8+ are out till 1-2am..

Last week his living room window was booted in, with him sitting there watching TV, a Adult!! did that, he ran out side and was faced with 6-7 people shouting abuse at him (he's Gay).

We had a mini house party couple of weeks ago, and someone knocked on the door, one of the girls answered it, and 3 guys barged in.. they got as far as me, till i grabbed one by the thraot and dragged him out.. We then called the police and they did Jack!!

Everytime the police have been called and everytime, they have defused the situation, and drove off.... No arrests...The council doesnt care about these people and put them any where.

I feel some of them are mentally ill... there on the dole, drink every day. And there seems to be no end to the torment!!
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#2New Post! Apr 13, 2006 @ 08:23:46
I advise getting the hell out before the value of the property crashes out of sight.

When buying any property it has to be a bit of a lottery making sure your in a rising area as opposed to one in decline.

Bummer.
x_chanelle_x On December 09, 2009

Deleted

Untitled!, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Apr 13, 2006 @ 08:26:49
How atrocious, some people have absolute no respect at all. And the fact the police arent doing anything is terrible
beobscureclearly On August 04, 2006

Back of Beyond, Australia
#4New Post! Apr 13, 2006 @ 08:28:54
Police everywhere are lazy sods who do nothing until they are forced to. I advise selling up and moving.
innit!

#5New Post! Apr 13, 2006 @ 08:29:16
The area went from good to terrible over a few weeks, he admitted that if he did sell up, they would have taken about a month in that time the property would probably drop by a tenth to a quater... i suggested sell it to the council on your conditions.. and also see a brief and see if the estate agents lied to him..

Deleted

#6New Post! Apr 13, 2006 @ 08:30:48
@markfox01 Said
The area went from good to terrible over a few weeks, he admitted that if he did sell up, they would have taken about a month in that time the property would probably drop by a tenth to a quater... i suggested sell it to the council on your conditions.. and also see a brief and see if the estate agents lied to him..

Yeah that sounds better than nothing, i cant see your friend wanting to stop there much longer.
innit!

#7New Post! Apr 13, 2006 @ 08:33:11
Moving house is so expensive and draining, it being his first house he had a problem getting a morgage... hes worried that it may take a couple of months like last time...
bendover On November 25, 2007

Deleted

Muff, Ireland
#8New Post! Apr 13, 2006 @ 08:35:08
Estate agents lie??????????????

Surely not.

If they were aware of the plans for councel to buy properties and do these conversions, and as professionals in the area they would have been directly involved in those council plans he has a good case for taking legal action.

He firstly has to take his complaint to the estate agent that worked for him to seek redress and when that fails go the association of Estate Agents for them to take action on his behalf.

Deleted

#9New Post! Apr 13, 2006 @ 08:35:52
@markfox01 Said
Moving house is so expensive and draining, it being his first house he had a problem getting a morgage... hes worried that it may take a couple of months like last time...

Aww, you want your first house to be really nice as well. Hopefully with the advice you gave him, he'll be able to make a move soonish rather than later. Is he currently looking up any properties or?
innit!

#10New Post! Apr 13, 2006 @ 08:38:34
@bendover Said
Estate agents lie??????????????

Surely not.

If they were aware of the plans for councel to buy properties and do these conversions, and as professionals in the area they would have been directly involved in those council plans he has a good case for taking legal action.

He firstly has to take his complaint to the estate agent that worked for him to seek redress and when that fails go the association of Estate Agents for them to take action on his behalf.

aaaahhhh.... nice one.... thats the bit of information i needed to pass on.. i'll text him now... cheers ben!!!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs