Forums:
Random

No subject

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Aug 14, 2022 @ 20:10:21
I'm well read in many works of fiction. I've read and visualised many characters, but a series of action figures from two decades ago has left my imagination running wild for some time reason. Disturbing, yet artistic, savage yet excellently designed, the Tortured Souls figures of the McFarlane line have sealed their appearances in my mind. I never bought them, but I remember them and have googled them. They are a testament to how good human hands can sculpt.

I propose that we offer our descriptions of the figures in order to best explore the mystical qualities that surround them. As a writer, I would find this a useful exercise in explaining physical appearance.

I'd like to offer my description of the Scythe Meister from the Tortured Souls figure line by McFarlane first, using a guy called Ronald to serve as the observer. Please, I'd like to see yours of him and his fellow figures.

Balding, the person had a blackened strip of metal bolted into his forehead at the highest point that covered his nose. It formed a cross along with a strip of leather that covered his eyes leaving the mouth and lower chin open. The bizarre fixture amplified what appeared to be either a snarl or a lustful expression. This wasn't as unsettling as the alterations done to its hairless scalp, which made Ronald doubt the mutilated entity was friendly in any way.

Surgically lifted from his flesh, seven strands of the person's skin had been stretched behind his naked scalp and fasted to what appeared to be bare digits in a blackened metal sundial, but looking more closely, the design was even more graphic. The skin strands were attached to the tips of wicked looking half scissors and scythes of various designs, each one different from the other. The combined fastenings gave the entity's face the vague impression that its face was held in place by a spider web of its own skin. The frame and its exhibits looked like it was anchored to the creatures shoulders and back by means unseen from where Ronald was standing. As curious as any human being, Ronald was sure he didn't want to see how such an apparatus was fixed into his skin.

As if sensing his reticent wish, the person turned around, granting it. He revealed that the sundial anchoring his face was actually part of an arched, metallic door frame that was fixed into the back of his costume. Inside it hung at least half a dozen or long chains that hung down up to its hips. Ronald saw the bare flesh of the back of the person's head glisten through the sundial, adding a sickly globe of red to an already twisted canvas.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs