Boxing and MMA

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7
shadowen On March 22, 2024

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#91New Post! May 29, 2020 @ 13:02:08
@Jennifer1984 Said

You have no respect for the British people...You hounded Geoff off the forum........ you even told him what he could and couldn't call Scotland... his own country..!!

I know you like to believe that anything you say is fact even when you have zero evidence to back up what you're saying. Indeed even when there is a heap of evidence that proves you are talking complete s***e eg 2 million marchers etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

@Jennifer1984 Said

You're umpteen thousand bloody miles from here and you tell us how to run our own affairs

Ah yes, I don't live in the UK so I can't comment on events happening in the UK. Though apparently you are happy for seppos to post their views on UK issues when they agree with you. And of course it's completely fine for you to comment on US issues even though you don't live there eg gun control, Kavanaugh and anything to do with DT. Of course others should do as you say and not as you do.

@Jennifer1984 Said

And I'll post on any forum I like in any way I like.

Get used to it.

Yes that's very mature of you. Anyway, I shall bear that in mind the next time you whinge about stuff Bob and others post that you deem to be off topic.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#92New Post! May 29, 2020 @ 13:17:18
@Jennifer1984 Said

You started on me the moment I came onto the football forum with sexist comments and you've made it quite clear time after time that you don't like women having a say on sport. You're a woman-hating sexist bigot

You do love your identity politics don't you. I disagree with you on something so immediately you start flicking through your well worn copy of identity politics for dummies. You're female, I'm male. I disagree with you therefore I must hate women!!! You're homosexual, I'm heterosexual. I disagree with you so I must be homophobic!!! You're English I'm Australian. I disagree with you therefore I must hate England!!! Well done you.

I know in your bubble that giving someone with a different view a label (or ten) is seen as winning the argument. Anyone who disagrees with you is sexist, misogynist, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, transphobic, extreme right wing, a Nazi etc etc etc. Content in this 'knowledge' you can then smugly sit back and not have to concern yourself with mundane things like rational debate. All you have to do is attack the person rather than their views. All you need do is trot out some of your meaningless cliches and job done. By the way, why is it that sheilas who constantly label blokes as misogynists are the ones that are first to express contempt, and often hatred, towards men. You remind me a lot of a feminist here who recently posted that the corona virus wasn't killing men fast enough.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#93New Post! May 29, 2020 @ 13:29:05
Off the top of my head here is my...

Top 5 boxing films

1. Cinderella man
2. The Boxer
3. Raging bull
4. Rocky
5. The Fighter
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#94New Post! May 30, 2020 @ 23:19:42
@shadowen Said

You do love your identity politics don't you. I disagree with you on something so immediately you start flicking through your well worn copy of identity politics for dummies. You're female, I'm male. I disagree with you therefore I must hate women!!! You're homosexual, I'm heterosexual. I disagree with you so I must be homophobic!!! You're English I'm Australian. I disagree with you therefore I must hate England!!! Well done you.

I know in your bubble that giving someone with a different view a label (or ten) is seen as winning the argument. Anyone who disagrees with you is sexist, misogynist, racist, xenophobic, homophobic, transphobic, extreme right wing, a Nazi etc etc etc. Content in this 'knowledge' you can then smugly sit back and not have to concern yourself with mundane things like rational debate. All you have to do is attack the person rather than their views. All you need do is trot out some of your meaningless cliches and job done. By the way, why is it that sheilas who constantly label blokes as misogynists are the ones that are first to express contempt, and often hatred, towards men. You remind me a lot of a feminist here who recently posted that the corona virus wasn't killing men fast enough.

Bulls***.

That is the bog standard response laid down by all people like you. You all trot out the same retort every time.

You don't even realise that while you're trotting out that crap, you're proving the very things you're accused of.

I've tried to discuss issues rationally with you and been rebuffed every time. And then you say "Oh, she's only saying that to reinforce her own prejudices." It's the oldest gag in the book... Denial.

You are without a doubt the one of the most arrogant men I've ever encountered and in my opinion, typical of your kind.

Identity politics has nothing to do with it. I see you...... and you alone.... for what you are. And there are no politics involved in this. You've been downright nasty, vindictive, sexist, homophobic and twisted in every way over a prolonged period of time. That doesn't happen by accident and it has nothing at all to do with politics.

And as for attacking the person rather than their views, you're a fine one to talk.

I have no objection to other people commenting on Britain or Brexit, but with you its an obsession that goes beyond mere comment or discussion. You are obsessed with it, and have expressed absolute determination that it must happen in the way that you want it to from the get-go. That's not "commenting". That's not "discussing".

When I....... as a British citizen, lawfully entitled to protest against something that will directly affect ME an my family, made my point of view known, you went on the attack....... and have continued to attack me for having the bare faced audacity to comment on something that is happening in my country, while you take it up on yourself to dictate how it should happen, and call me all sorts of insult from the other side of the world.

What gives you the right to tell me how I am or am not allowed to lawfully protest issues that directly affect MY country. Not yours. What gives you the right to tell me that I should meekly accept a bent, dishonest campaign.

You're the person who supports lies, criminal activity, dishonesty and political chicanery. I object to it. And I'm the bad person...? I think the person who supports the criminals is the one who should be looking at themself

And you are obsessed with it to such a degree that you're still posting on the subject. I've let it drop now. Why your obsession..?

So don't accuse me of identity politics. You're identity politics are writ large all over Brexit. Europe bad, Europe bad, Europe bad. That's your one trick pony line.

Count the posts on the thread. I'd say it's a pretty fair bet that around two thirds to three quarters of them are posted by you. Why would somebody living on the other side of the world do that..?

And I didn't hound Geoff off the site. You told him what he was and wasn't allowed to call his own country. How arrogant is that..??

And what any of this has to do with boxing I don't know. But you started it. All I'm doing is replying to your attack on me. So don't forget that when you come back with your next bulls*** attack.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#95New Post! May 31, 2020 @ 14:55:41
@Jennifer1984 Said

Identity politics has nothing to do with it...You've been downright nasty, vindictive, sexist, homophobic...

Come on, I'm sure you can chuck out a few more lefty labels. Surely I'm a Nazi as well. I'm clearly racist. And how about transphobic, Islamophobic?

@Jennifer1984 Said

I have no objection to other people commenting on Britain or Brexit, but with you its an obsession that goes beyond mere comment or discussion. You are obsessed with it, and have expressed absolute determination that it must happen in the way that you want it to from the get-go. That's not "commenting". That's not "discussing".

Uhuh, so you can express "absolute determination that it must happen in the way that you want it to from the get-go" but that's fine because you live in the UK. You can also express opinions on what "must happen" in the US because....ummm you don't live there but you're special? Oh, and when someone from the states regularly comments on Brexit that's different because...they invariably hold views similair to your own. Good one.

@Jennifer1984 Said

When I...made my point of view known, you went on the attack....... and have continued to attack me for having the bare faced audacity to comment on something that is happening in my country

What, like calling you out over your BS like the 2 million marchers. Yes, how nasty of me. What a sexist homophobe I must be to debunk your nonsense.

@Jennifer1984 Said

So don't accuse me of identity politics.

Well if the shoe fits...

@Jennifer1984 Said

And what any of this has to do with boxing I don't know. But you started it.

You only have to go back one page to see this is BS. Anyway, as amusing as your little hissy fits are it's time for the adults to talk now about boxing. I know it's not your thing but as you said "sport is a wide canvas". Feel free to continue posting stuff that has FA to do with this thread. For me, I'm going back to posting about stuff that this thread is designed for.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#96New Post! May 31, 2020 @ 17:35:53

The music isn't exactly my cup of tea but anyway...

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#97New Post! May 31, 2020 @ 17:39:17

Keep on eye out for his son.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#98New Post! Oct 14, 2021 @ 14:50:45
Fury v Wilder III...what a fight.

IMO Fury won their first fight. Wilder went into that fight having been undefeated in 40 bouts, with 39 of his wins coming via KO, TKO or by having his opponent's corner stop the fight. He has arguably the biggest right hand that boxing has ever seen. And so when his big right caught Fury flush in the 12th round and sent him to the canvas you could understand why everyone thought the fight was over. But Fury showed that you can knock him down but you can't knock him out. Not only did he rise from the canvas but he finished the fight stronger than Wilder. As I said, i think overall he was the better fighter and should have won...

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#99New Post! Oct 14, 2021 @ 14:53:11
Wilder must have had doubts in the back of his mind leading up to their second encounter. After all, he had hit Fury with everything he had and for the first time in his career it just wasn't enough.

In the second fight Fury was clearly the better fighter and in the end won via a TKO in the 7th.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#100New Post! Oct 14, 2021 @ 15:02:51
This brought us to Tyson v Wilder III. What a fight it was. Wilder started well in the first round but Fury owned the next two. In the fourth Wilder landed two big rights. Both of which sent Fury to the canvas. On each occasion however Fury looked fine. Each time he got up and carried on like he had never been dropped.

From round 5 onwards Fury totally dominated. Credit to Wilder for finding a way to hang on for as long as he did but a KO or TKO seemed imminent long before Wilder finally was dropped (for a third time) and unable to rise.

It was a classic heavyweight bout by two fighters who gave their all.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#101New Post! Oct 14, 2021 @ 15:05:34
Some people look at Fury - who is obviously overweight - and assume he is slow and unfit. Watch him fight however and it's quickly apparent that he has really good ring craft. He is constantly moving. Uses his jab to great effect and has a big tank. In two or three years times Fury could establish himself as won of the greatest heavyweights of all time. For the moment he will just have to be content with being the best of his time.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#102New Post! Oct 14, 2021 @ 15:47:28
Probably should mention Oleksandr Usyk's win over Anthony Joshua. Usyk is now only the third man to win the Cruiserweight world title and the Heavyweight world title.

Fair to say he is a very gifted boxer. His use of angles against AJ was most impressive.

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#103New Post! May 01, 2022 @ 16:09:27
Shame to hear Tyson Fury confirm that he is retiring. What a fighter he has been...

"This is the truth, the gospel truth, nothing but the truth, I'm done. You know every good dog has his day and like the Roman leader said, there will always be someone else to fight. The fans will always want more, but at the end of the day I don't have anything more to give. I've given everything I've got. I've been a professional 14 years, I've been boxing over 20 years. My time is to go out on a high. I always said that I wanted to walk away on top of the sport, and do it on my terms, and I didn't want to be the person who said: 'Well, I should have maybe retired two years ago,' or whatever. I just wanted to walk out on top, go out with a bang. Nearly 100,000 at Wembley, with a knockout performance. They will not forget the Gypsy King in a hurry, and no amount of material assets or money will make me come back out of retirement because I'm very happy. I'm quitting while I'm ahead. I'm undefeated, only the second man in history to retire undefeated heavyweight champion. When is enough enough? I'm happy, I'm healthy, I've still got my brains, I can still talk."

Bunyip Bend, Australia
#104New Post! Sep 08, 2022 @ 17:32:04
Well apparently Fury has had a change of heart and has offer Joshua the chance to fight him for the world title. What a fight that will be if it goes ahead.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs