Politics

The American Rescue Plan

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#1New Post! Sep 14, 2021 @ 18:27:25
Joe Biden and the American Rescue Plan is designed to stimulate the economy. It is the anti- Trickled Down Economics package.

It will increase taxes on major corporations and businesses that gross over $5 million. The lost revenue since the 1970s would probably allowed us to start catching up to the national debt.

It will raise income taxes for those making over $400,000 a year.

It will create jobs while repairing aging infrastructure in our nation. In many places bridges, roads, waterways, ports, power grid and etc have fallen into disrepair. The money people get from the jobs will boost the economy and provide tax revenue. Better infrastructure will allow businesses access to power, better logistics....

You have to spend money to make money.

Raising the national debt level is a good idea. The debt should be considered a percentage of GDP not as a set amount. If we held the national debt to $75 million as it was in 1880 there would be no point in borrowing at all.

It is one of the best ideas we've had in a long time.

Arguments?
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Sep 14, 2021 @ 18:36:06
None from me. I have no difficulty with government borrowing if it leads to jobs and prosperity.
chaski On about 20 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Sep 14, 2021 @ 18:48:06
I’m good with it.

The 21st Century GOP plan of Don’t tax but speed a lot wasn’t working, at least taxing corporations and the rich will help a little.

4dforum.org,
#4New Post! Sep 14, 2021 @ 18:51:47
I find it ironic that the Trickle Down thing is concurrent with the increase in national debt, yet the Repubs are always blaming the democrats for it.
Stalker

#5New Post! Sep 14, 2021 @ 18:57:55
@4d4m Said

I find it ironic that the Trickle Down thing is concurrent with the increase in national debt, yet the Repubs are always blaming the democrats for it.

As I’ve said before, I was/am a Reagan era Republican…

However we did learn that trickle down economics, a.k.a. Reaganomics, didn’t work.
Darkman666 On about 4 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Sep 14, 2021 @ 21:23:15
i remember when i was younger about heard about " trickle down economics ". i checked my pant several times, if i need change my pants.

4dforum.org,
#7New Post! Sep 15, 2021 @ 04:29:20
@chaski Said

As I’ve said before, I was/am a Reagan era Republican…

However we did learn that trickle down economics, a.k.a. Reaganomics, didn’t work.

The thing about Reagan, he was an actor not an economist. So whomever he got the idea from screwed him (and the US) royal. Also, he probably did not have anywhere near the political power or degrees of freedom most people associate with the office of president.

4dforum.org,
#8New Post! Sep 23, 2021 @ 03:06:35
Here's a blog post on the topic.

4dforum.org,
#9New Post! Oct 02, 2021 @ 22:37:14
Looks like the GOP zombies filibustered the Rescue Plan to death. Here's an article entitled "How Joe Biden Could End the Debt Ceiling - All by Himself" from Vox .

I wish he would, the 2008 Great Recession and the 1930's Great Depression obviously hasn't taught the Repubs that the government needs to spend more in an economic crisis and less in boom times. Laissez Faire economic policy doesn't fit We the People's view of the government's role either. Just ask Herbert Hoover
Stalker

#10New Post! Oct 06, 2021 @ 00:53:45
Will the GOP cave... again...?

4dforum.org,
#11New Post! Oct 08, 2021 @ 04:05:33
The problem is the Republican party has been fed false economic beliefs. The policies they believe in have been proven incorrect. Why they still cling to them is illogical.

When the 2008 recession happened, even Bush Jr and his advisors realized something had to be done and initiated a bailout plan. That plan was continued with President Obama's administration and had full support of both congresses (110th and 111th). This was bipartisanship in a time of crisis.

Instead of the Republicans looking at the American Rescue Plan as a contest over debunked economic principles, they should get on board and put forth effort to truly keep America great,
Na On February 27, 2024

, Florida
#12New Post! Oct 08, 2021 @ 07:18:34
@4d4m Said

Looks like the GOP zombies filibustered the Rescue Plan to death. Here's an article entitled "How Joe Biden Could End the Debt Ceiling - All by Himself" from Vox .

I wish he would, the 2008 Great Recession and the 1930's Great Depression obviously hasn't taught the Repubs that the government needs to spend more in an economic crisis and less in boom times. Laissez Faire economic policy doesn't fit We the People's view of the government's role either. Just ask Herbert Hoover

We would not have had the same innovation in the United States if laissez-faire capitalism hadn't been in place.

All you have to do is look at which states are losing businesses and why. California is losing businesses because the state of California is not business-friendly. The working-class citizens of California suffer because the elected officials care mostly about ideology and have given up on problem solving.

4dforum.org,
#13New Post! Oct 09, 2021 @ 03:03:44
@Na Said

We would not have had the same innovation in the United States if laissez-faire capitalism hadn't been in place.

All you have to do is look at which states are losing businesses and why. California is losing businesses because the state of California is not business-friendly. The working-class citizens of California suffer because the elected officials care mostly about ideology and have given up on problem solving.

Comparing state's ability to draw business from each other doesn't work, here's why.

With the same argument you might support the move of the major US auto manufacturers to Mexico. In Mexico they don't have OSHA and the children of workers are being born with defects. There is no requirements to protect workers from toxic chemicals they deal with. The argument that NAFTA would bring down the price of cars didn't pan out either, the companies pocketed the money they saved in labor and a lack of environmental regulations.

US companies are still moving overseas, including some defense contractors. This same trend has turned Communist China into the new world super power and created for the US of the future it's greatest new enemy.

The point is the Great American Generation came back from WWII and built a nation where unions, retirement plans and employer supported health plans were the norm. We have watched that be whittled away to jobs where employees have no voice. Retirement is dependent upon 401K gambles. Health plans for employees became exceedingly scarce until Obama's health laws forced a change.

The shame is that many US corporations have shown about as much patriotism as Karl Marx. Having to force corporations to provide health benefits shows they care not about the American working class. That they substitute real retirement plans with 401Ks shows the same thing. Today's corporations need to be forced (regulated) to do the right thing.

The 2008 recession is a great example of lassaiz faire economics. A lot of people lost their retirements in a big scam that threatened our economy and therefore, our national security. Corporations need to be held accountable and on a leash, how tight is up to them.

Related "The Man Who Took My Job" in the Rolling Stone

4dforum.org,
#14New Post! Oct 09, 2021 @ 03:21:27
Na On February 27, 2024

, Florida
#15New Post! Oct 26, 2021 @ 19:48:45
Call me old school but I’m so happy that my mother is a woman.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs