Prayer for Today

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...9 10 11 12 · >>
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#151New Post! Sep 12, 2020 @ 12:11:50
O God, we acknowledge You today as Lord,

Not only of individuals but of nations and governments.

We thank You for Your law,
Which our Founding Fathers acknowledged
And recognized as higher than any human law.
We thank You for the opportunity that this election year puts before us . . .

. . . to exercise our solemn duty not only to vote but to influence countless others to vote,

And to vote correctly.

--In the name of Jesus we pray Amen
chaski On about 6 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#152New Post! Sep 12, 2020 @ 15:43:00
Dear Lord Baby Jesus,

When I die, please don't put me in the section of Heaven with the soldiers who fought and/or were taken prisoner and/or died for their country and/or the one who ended up with Russian bounties on their heads, and especially not the ones who ended up being generals.

I was greatest president of the USA, and shouldn't have to be around losers, suckers and failures.

In fact, I'm thinking the right hand of god is a pretty good seat... well actually god should just get out of the way and let me have his throne and penthouse seat.

Signed,
Donny Small Hands

PS
I'm guessing you already hooked up my buddies, Jeffrey Epstein & Ghislaine Maxwell, with a bunch of hot 14 year olds to keep them sexually satisfied.

Thanks.

They're really nice people (Jeffrey Epstein & Ghislaine Maxwell (not the 14 year olds, no one give a s*** about them anyway).

I wish them well.

TX
CBS

, Florida
#153New Post! Nov 02, 2020 @ 04:17:01
Bow down thine ear o Lord hear me
for I am poor and needy
preserve my soul for I am holy
o thou my God
save thy servant that trusteth in thee
be merciful unto me O Lord for I cry unto thee daily
Stalker

#154New Post! Nov 03, 2020 @ 00:48:53
Dear Baby Jesus,

Thanks for making me so great... greater than even you... and your dad.

Signed,
DJT

, Florida
#155New Post! Jan 17, 2021 @ 13:50:59
"Gathering of the mind in the heart is attention, gathering of the will is vigilance, gathering of the senses is soberness."--St Theophan the Recluse

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#156New Post! Jan 17, 2021 @ 17:44:01
So this holy life does not have gain, honour, and renown for its benefit, or the attainment of virtue for its benefit, or the attainment of concentration for its benefit, or knowledge and vision for its benefit. But it is this unshakeable deliverance of mind that is the goal of this holy life, its heartwood, and its end.

The Buddha, Majjhima Nikaya

Namu-Amida-Butsu
Stalker

#157New Post! Jan 20, 2021 @ 19:50:45
Dear Lord Father God,

Please forgive Trump's followers... they knew not what they were doing.

Amen.

, Florida
#158New Post! Jan 28, 2021 @ 02:10:17
And thus

do I commend thee into the arms of our Lord of Earth, Our Lord Jesus Christ, Preserver of all Mercy and Reality, and

The Father Creator.

, Florida
#159New Post! Jan 29, 2021 @ 22:13:22
Eternal Father of the Ocean Waves, watch over the Westpac Marines and Sailors. May their aim be true and may they return to the families who love them.

Thank you for this opportunity. Amen.

, Florida
#160New Post! Feb 12, 2021 @ 11:28:00
O Jesus, lover of the young, the dearest Friend I have,
in all confidence, I open my heart to You to beg Your light and assistance
in the important task of planning my future.

Give me the light of Your grace,
that I may decide wisely concerning the person
who is to be my partner through life.

Dearest Jesus, send me such a one whom in Your Divine wisdom
You judge best suited to be united with me in marriage.

May her character reflect some of the traits of Your own Sacred Heart.
May she be upright, loyal, pure, sincere and noble . . . .

, Florida
#161New Post! Feb 22, 2021 @ 11:30:31

Grant me the grace to come near Thee with faith unshaken and full of hope to confess my trespasses and despise them. Let Thy spirit reprove me for my sins.

Enlighten my heart that I may see how greatly did I err, misbehave, and forsake the way.

Grant me determination to forsake evil that I may be established in Thy commandments and live to glorify Thy Holy Name. Amen.

, Florida
#162New Post! May 10, 2021 @ 09:18:49
Infant Jesus of Prague Novena Prayer

O Miraculous Infant Jesus, we prostrated before Your Image and beseech You to cast your merciful look on our troubled hearts.

Let Your tender Heart, so inclined to pity, be softened by our prayers and grant us that grace for which we ardently implore You.

God save the people of the United States and protect the Union from internal threats. Bring us to repentance of sin and bring glory to Your Name.

Take from us all despair, all trials and misfortunes with which we are laden.

for Your Sacred Infancy's sake, here our prayers and send us consolation and aid that we may praise You, with the Father and the Holy Spirit, for ever and ever. Amen

, Florida
#163New Post! May 12, 2021 @ 20:02:40
As I stumble through this life,
help me to create more laughter than tears,
dispense more happiness than gloom,
spread more cheer than despair.

Never let me become so indifferent
that I will fail to see the wonder
in the eyes of a child
or the twinkle in the eyes of the aged.
Never let me forget that my total effort
is to cheer people, make them happy
and forget - at least momentarily -
all the unpleasantness in their lives.

And, in my final moment,
may I hear You whisper:

'When you made My people smile,
you made Me smile.'
Stalker

#164New Post! Jun 01, 2021 @ 21:17:26
Oh great sky God overseer of all things, thank you for being ever present and visible whether it be in the day, the night, sunny or cloudy. Thank you for the sun.

Oh great mother earth provider of all earthly things that assist life, thank you for each and every meal that I receive.

Oh great Cave bear thank you for challenging me in all things in my life and giving me the motivation to achieve, exceed.

Life is good I enjoyed it immensely.

Amen

, Florida
#165New Post! Jun 10, 2021 @ 18:38:06
My fellow Americans: Last night, when I spoke with you about the fall of Rome, I knew at that moment that troops of the United States and our allies were crossing the Channel in another and greater operation. It has come to pass with success thus far.

And so, in this poignant hour, I ask you to join with me in prayer:

Almighty God: Our sons, pride of our Nation, this day have set upon a mighty endeavor, a struggle to preserve our Republic, our religion, and our civilization, and to set free a suffering humanity.

Lead them straight and true; give strength to their arms, stoutness to their hearts, steadfastness in their faith.

They will need Thy blessings. Their road will be long and hard. For the enemy is strong. He may hurl back our forces. Success may not come with rushing speed, but we shall return again and again; and we know that by Thy grace, and by the righteousness of our cause, our sons will triumph.

They will be sore tried, by night and by day, without rest-until the victory is won. The darkness will be rent by noise and flame. Men's souls will be shaken with the violences of war.

For these men are lately drawn from the ways of peace. They fight not for the lust of conquest. They fight to end conquest. They fight to liberate. They fight to let justice arise, and tolerance and good will among all Thy people. They yearn but for the end of battle, for their return to the haven of home.

Some will never return. Embrace these, Father, and receive them, Thy heroic servants, into Thy kingdom.

And for us at home -- fathers, mothers, children, wives, sisters, and brothers of brave men overseas -- whose thoughts and prayers are ever with them--help us, Almighty God, to rededicate ourselves in renewed faith in Thee in this hour of great sacrifice.

Many people have urged that I call the Nation into a single day of special prayer. But because the road is long and the desire is great, I ask that our people devote themselves in a continuance of prayer. As we rise to each new day, and again when each day is spent, let words of prayer be on our lips, invoking Thy help to our efforts.

Give us strength, too -- strength in our daily tasks, to redouble the contributions we make in the physical and the material support of our armed forces.

And let our hearts be stout, to wait out the long travail, to bear sorrows that may come, to impart our courage unto our sons wheresoever they may be.

And, O Lord, give us Faith. Give us Faith in Thee; Faith in our sons; Faith in each other; Faith in our united crusade. Let not the keenness of our spirit ever be dulled. Let not the impacts of temporary events, of temporal matters of but fleeting moment let not these deter us in our unconquerable purpose.

With Thy blessing, we shall prevail over the unholy forces of our enemy. Help us to conquer the apostles of greed and racial arrogancies. Lead us to the saving of our country, and with our sister Nations into a world unity that will spell a sure peace a peace invulnerable to the schemings of unworthy men. And a peace that will let all of men live in freedom, reaping the just rewards of their honest toil.

Thy will be done, Almighty God.

Amen.

FDR June 1944
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...9 10 11 12 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs