Forums:
Jokes & Humor

The bet

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
rondetto On about 9 hours ago

Wrexham, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Apr 27, 2021 @ 10:32:03
I found myself in a pub in Cork. A group of American tourists came in.
One of the Americans said, in a loud voice, "I hear you Irish think your great drinkers. I bet €5,000 that no one here can drink 30 pints of Guinness in 30 minutes."
The bar was silent, the American noticed one Irishman leaving, no one took up the bet. 40 minutes later the Irishman who left returned and said "Hey Yank, is your wee bet still on?"
"Sure" said the American, "30 pints in 30 minutes for a bet of €5,000."
"Grand so" replied the Irishman, "pour the pints and start the clock." It was very close but the last drop was consumed with 2 seconds to spare.
"Ok yank, pay up." said the Irishman.
"I'm happy to pay, here is your money" said the American. "But tell me, when I first offered the wager I saw you leave. Where did you go?'
The Irishman replied, "Well sir, €5,000 is a lot of money to a man like me, so I went to the pub across the road first to see if I could do it."
Darkman666 On about 2 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#2New Post! Apr 27, 2021 @ 17:58:36
@rondetto Said

I found myself in a pub in Cork. A group of American tourists came in.
One of the Americans said, in a loud voice, "I hear you Irish think your great drinkers. I bet €5,000 that no one here can drink 30 pints of Guinness in 30 minutes."
The bar was silent, the American noticed one Irishman leaving, no one took up the bet. 40 minutes later the Irishman who left returned and said "Hey Yank, is your wee bet still on?"
"Sure" said the American, "30 pints in 30 minutes for a bet of €5,000."
"Grand so" replied the Irishman, "pour the pints and start the clock." It was very close but the last drop was consumed with 2 seconds to spare.
"Ok yank, pay up." said the Irishman.
"I'm happy to pay, here is your money" said the American. "But tell me, when I first offered the wager I saw you leave. Where did you go?'
The Irishman replied, "Well sir, €5,000 is a lot of money to a man like me, so I went to the pub across the road first to see if I could do it."

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs