AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
chaski On about 11 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#16New Post! Nov 11, 2020 @ 04:20:59
@mrmhead Said

"MODs" ? There's more than one?

Yes, Dave did tear through here a little bit ago, but it was just to raise some s***.

Since I've been here so long, I once thought about offering (applying?) to be a MOD... but I feared rejection.

Besides if I was accepted, I'd have to behave myself... and that's never going to happen.

(Or I'd have had to punch myself a lot... and that is just weird. )
DiscordTiger On April 14, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#17New Post! Nov 11, 2020 @ 06:07:01
Lol Dave wasn't ever a mod

Leon was though.

Dave =/= Leon
Jennifer1984 On April 12, 2021
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Nov 11, 2020 @ 12:57:16
You may all find this a little difficult to believe, but I was once a mod on a site. Yes, it's true.

Back in the old days of AOL (does anybody remember that...?) they used to have "groups" usually known as "boards" rather than "forums" and the lesbian site on there was called "Utopia Women". Of course, back then I was much more inhibited in my behaviours. Very proper. I'd only just come out and I was still at uni and doing everything much more "properly".

It was great. The girls were brilliant... we had our own chatroom (the password was "Cornflake Girls" after the Tori Amos song), we would spend hours in chat. There were "board Weddings" If a couple of girls were getting flirty in the chat we'd stage a mock wedding for them. It could get a bit.... you know.... kinda nawty.... but it was fun.

I had to dish out one or two rebukes for excessively inappropriate behaviour and yeah, there were a few spats here and there... but mostly we all got on really well and I was even married off to other girls a few times myself. One was a big ol' butchie who had a thing for blondes. She was luffly. Bless.

Every year, those of us who were going to Brighton Pride would make sure we stayed at the same camp site and of course, that led to parties that would go on until stupid-o-clock in the morning. It was usually after sun up before we stopped drinking (well, it was August.!!). I took my guitar one year and we had rude dykie songs that kept a lot of people awake so they came and joined the party. Everybody around knew all about the misdemeanours of "Nellie Higginbottom" by morning..!!

Wonderful days. Lovely people. Great friends.

I'm still in touch with a number of them. We've all kept our Utopia names that we still use when we keep in touch. Carol Boswell (after a tv character she had the hots for)... Tw**ky... Shirley Bru..... Coco le Frog... Swotty.... Hotlips Houlihan.... and loads more. Oh, I so love those girls. Shirley and Coco (they were an item by that time), Swotty, and Carol Boswell came to mine and Amanda's wedding.

The only major problem we ever had on the board was from men who wanted to infiltrate it. AOL had made it a female only space but some would try to con their way in. They might get through as far as the board (but never the chatroom), but it didn't take long before they gave themselves away and then the other members would be saying "Oi Jen... Man alert..!! Man alert..!! get rid of him will ya..?"

I could do that. As a mod I had the magic "eject" button that zapped them. It was deliciously empowering.

I miss the old Utopia Group. Happy days... quite innocent times for me. I was young and it was all new. Amanda and I haven't been to Pride since before Meg was born. We were going to go this year but it was cancelled. We hope to go next year.... and we'll stay at the old camp site.

My guitar will be stringed and tuned, for the first week in August. Heh, heh, heh......

(singing)... "Young Nellie Higginbottom was a gay go-getter
From a farmyard down in Bucks........."
dookie On March 17, 2021
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Nov 11, 2020 @ 13:27:32
Hotlips Houlihan....?

Rings a bell somewhere!

Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#20New Post! Nov 11, 2020 @ 16:47:44
@dookie Said

Hotlips Houlihan....?

Rings a bell somewhere!

Played by Loretta Swit in M.A.S.H.

It's not uncommon to adopt favourite TV character names as 'screenies'. Carol Boswell came from a 70's sitcom called The Liver Birds. At one point, I considered using 'Patsy Stone', which was Joanna Lumley's character in Absolutely Fabulous. Amanda said I'd be more accurate calling myself Bubble. Cheeky cow.
Darkman666 3 minutes ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#21New Post! Nov 11, 2020 @ 18:13:45
@Jennifer1984 Said

You may all find this a little difficult to believe, but I was once a mod on a site. Yes, it's true.

Back in the old days of AOL (does anybody remember that...?) they used to have "groups" usually known as "boards" rather than "forums" and the lesbian site on there was called "Utopia Women". Of course, back then I was much more inhibited in my behaviours. Very proper. I'd only just come out and I was still at uni and doing everything much more "properly".

It was great. The girls were brilliant... we had our own chatroom (the password was "Cornflake Girls" after the Tori Amos song), we would spend hours in chat. There were "board Weddings" If a couple of girls were getting flirty in the chat we'd stage a mock wedding for them. It could get a bit.... you know.... kinda nawty.... but it was fun.

I had to dish out one or two rebukes for excessively inappropriate behaviour and yeah, there were a few spats here and there... but mostly we all got on really well and I was even married off to other girls a few times myself. One was a big ol' butchie who had a thing for blondes. She was luffly. Bless.

Every year, those of us who were going to Brighton Pride would make sure we stayed at the same camp site and of course, that led to parties that would go on until stupid-o-clock in the morning. It was usually after sun up before we stopped drinking (well, it was August.!!). I took my guitar one year and we had rude dykie songs that kept a lot of people awake so they came and joined the party. Everybody around knew all about the misdemeanours of "Nellie Higginbottom" by morning..!!

Wonderful days. Lovely people. Great friends.

I'm still in touch with a number of them. We've all kept our Utopia names that we still use when we keep in touch. Carol Boswell (after a tv character she had the hots for)... Tw**ky... Shirley Bru..... Coco le Frog... Swotty.... Hotlips Houlihan.... and loads more. Oh, I so love those girls. Shirley and Coco (they were an item by that time), Swotty, and Carol Boswell came to mine and Amanda's wedding.

The only major problem we ever had on the board was from men who wanted to infiltrate it. AOL had made it a female only space but some would try to con their way in. They might get through as far as the board (but never the chatroom), but it didn't take long before they gave themselves away and then the other members would be saying "Oi Jen... Man alert..!! Man alert..!! get rid of him will ya..?"

I could do that. As a mod I had the magic "eject" button that zapped them. It was deliciously empowering.

I miss the old Utopia Group. Happy days... quite innocent times for me. I was young and it was all new. Amanda and I haven't been to Pride since before Meg was born. We were going to go this year but it was cancelled. We hope to go next year.... and we'll stay at the old camp site.

My guitar will be stringed and tuned, for the first week in August. Heh, heh, heh......

(singing)... "Young Nellie Higginbottom was a gay go-getter
From a farmyard down in Bucks........."

Jennifer - that's interesting you were a mod. That explains where chaski got his blue dress, who gave it to him.

DiscordTiger On April 14, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#22New Post! Nov 11, 2020 @ 18:38:58
The truly toughest part of being a mod was the stupid s*** and death threats people say to you.

But once I stopped giving a f*** what others thought, since I had no control over that, it got a lot easier.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#23New Post! Nov 11, 2020 @ 18:50:34
@DiscordTiger Said

The truly toughest part of being a mod was the stupid s*** and death threats people say to you.

But once I stopped giving a f*** what others thought, since I had no control over that, it got a lot easier.

I never had any death threats. Perhaps the worst thing I was told would happen to me was that they'd throw me in the lake at the edge of the camp site at Pride. It wouldn't have mattered anyway.... half of us ended up skinny dipping anyway.

I'd have just been the only one in the water with any clothes on.

@darkman666 Said

Jennifer - that's interesting you were a mod. That explains where chaski got his blue dress, who gave it to him.

Not me, Darkie..... I haven't worn a dress since I was 19. Perhaps he bought it from a charity shop for gnomes with irritable bowel syndrome.
Darkman666 3 minutes ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#24New Post! Nov 11, 2020 @ 19:19:03
@Jennifer1984 Said

I never had any death threats. Perhaps the worst thing I was told would happen to me was that they'd throw me in the lake at the edge of the camp site at Pride. It wouldn't have mattered anyway.... half of us ended up skinny dipping anyway.

I'd have just been the only one in the water with any clothes on.

Not me, Darkie..... I haven't worn a dress since I was 19. Perhaps he bought it from a charity shop for gnomes with irritable bowel syndrome.

Chaski probably had irritable bowel syndrome, when he wore his red dress.

After the many brown strains on his red dress, he decided to buy a blue dress.
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#25New Post! Nov 12, 2020 @ 06:15:37
@darkman666 Said

Chaski probably had irritable bowel syndrome, when he wore his red dress.

After the many brown strains on his red dress, he decided to buy a blue dress.

Oh dear.... blue is soooooooo not his colour. It just doesn't work for him.

Perhaps puce would have been better...... or perhaps coquelicot. Aureolin is 'in' this year or maybe even a nice shade of Amaranth.

He should avoid anything in brown, beige, chestnut, kobicha or raw umber.

And of course his accessories should match. Most important.
Darkman666 3 minutes ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#26New Post! Nov 12, 2020 @ 14:17:15
@Jennifer1984 Said

Oh dear.... blue is soooooooo not his colour. It just doesn't work for him.

Perhaps puce would have been better...... or perhaps coquelicot. Aureolin is 'in' this year or maybe even a nice shade of Amaranth.

He should avoid anything in brown, beige, chestnut, kobicha or raw umber.

And of course his accessories should match. Most important.

Chaski's girl friend wears always a black dress, because you have chaski?

jerrydrugstore On April 12, 2021
Troll

inglewood, California
#27New Post! Feb 12, 2021 @ 00:36:11
BUY xanax,adderall,percocets,oxy/roxy,dilaudid,hydrocodone,suboxone,lsd,dmt,cocaine,crystal meth,herione,ketamine and many more

FAST,SECURED AND DISCRETE OVERNIGHT DELIVERY ///////////////////// BEING DISCRETE IS OUR TOP PRIORITY

///////////// CONTACT US VIA ////////////////

WICKR : LORDNARCO99

TELEGRAM: LORDNARCO99

PHONE. : 408418807

chaski On about 11 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#28New Post! Feb 12, 2021 @ 01:50:06
@jerrydrugstore Said

BUY xanax,adderall,percocets,oxy/roxy,dilaudid,hydrocodone,suboxone,lsd,dmt,cocaine,crystal meth,herione,ketamine and many more

FAST,SECURED AND DISCRETE OVERNIGHT DELIVERY ///////////////////// BEING DISCRETE IS OUR TOP PRIORITY

///////////// CONTACT US VIA ////////////////

WICKR : LORDNARCO99

TELEGRAM: LORDNARCO99

PHONE. : 408418807

And that is how you end up in the The Forumhole.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs