Aftermath of the Capitol Attack

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 10 11 · >>
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#121New Post! Jan 23, 2021 @ 14:44:59
@rosexthorn Said

I have to say that being Canadian I have never seen this type of behavior in American people until Trumpism came along and fanned the flames. He didn't cause these mindsets they were withing people a long time ago. He just stoked them to action by words and behaviors he himself showed.

I think he should be impeached only if it's the only way to void any way for him to work in a political position ever again.

Haley and Cruz are no doubt being investigated already and so do the Capitol Police.

If Jonnythan was here now I would tell him he was right for wanting Mitt Romney as President. He seems to be the only Republican I've listened to that has his head on straight.

But alas we all know that this is politics after all and nothing ever gets seen or done transparently. That's politics.

I agree with what you say about Romney. If he had run against Biden, or even Hillary back in 2016, I'd have had to think long and hard about voting for a GOPer ....
But now chances are pretty slim for any GOPer votes from me, at least for a few presidential cycles.
Darkman666 On about 17 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#122New Post! Jan 23, 2021 @ 17:57:31
a couple of days ago, i read not new version of republicans, that could divide the republicans in two parties. in 2024, they could merge in a stronger republican party.

both parties had one leader presentative in each parties as president and vice president candidates in 2024. the republicans stronger for years against democrats.

both democrats and republicans had better leadership and use more common sense in organizate better the congress wouldn't be soo embarrassing to american public.
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#123New Post! Jan 24, 2021 @ 03:52:42
The GOP got taken over by the Neo Con faction. For decades they have taken the Republican party, and our nation, on a strange, dangerous and destructive journey.

Wouldn't it be great if both parties were pretty cool? How about 3, 4 or even 5 parties represented in government?

I can think of some Republicans I like and have respect for
Colin Powell
Arnold Schwartzenegger
Sonny Bono

NE, Ohio
#124New Post! Jan 24, 2021 @ 14:45:16
@4d4m Said

The GOP got taken over by the Neo Con faction. For decades they have taken the Republican party, and our nation, on a strange, dangerous and destructive journey.

Wouldn't it be great if both parties were pretty cool? How about 3, 4 or even 5 parties represented in government?

I can think of some Republicans I like and have respect for
Colin Powell
Arnold Schwartzenegger
Sonny Bono

John McCain - without Sarah-girl
John Kasich
Mike Dewine

Yes they're out there, but they aren't the ones getting the headlines.

A few years ago Cruz may have made that list, but with his latest antics, he's fallen in the dumpster.

The face and and image of the GOP is the orange maniac and the turtle, and the carousel of cronies.
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#125New Post! Jan 25, 2021 @ 00:31:26
The Lincoln Project has said they are fully focused on not letting any trump loyalists from getting re-elected in 2022 and 2024 and they have already been working on it now that they've finished their 'get Trump out' project has ended.

Maybe they will set the Republicans straight but they said it will take years to do that.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#126New Post! Jan 25, 2021 @ 01:26:10
@rosexthorn Said

The Lincoln Project has said they are fully focused on not letting any trump loyalists from getting re-elected in 2022 and 2024 and they have already been working on it now that they've finished their 'get Trump out' project has ended.

Maybe they will set the Republicans straight but they said it will take years to do that.

The GOP will not recover until Mitch, Graham and Cruz are gone.

I would add Marco "baby face" Rubio and Rand "I'm a nut bag" Paul to the list, but they really aren't that influential.

NE, Ohio
#127New Post! Jan 30, 2021 @ 02:21:52
With the impeachment trial for Trump set to begin February 9, Senate Republicans are criticizing him without doing anything about his actions, hoping to put distance between themselves and the former President without casting any votes that could cause a backlash from Trump and his fervent supporters. Many say something should be done about what Trump did -- but just not by them.

While other responsible companies and law enforcement are firing participants in the riots, the GOPers are saying "Not my job" to punish one of their own (unless it were a Dem ... huh?)
nooneinparticular On March 16, 2023

, Hawaii
#128New Post! Feb 04, 2021 @ 04:33:30
If Republicans think they can play both fields at once now, then they're sure gonna be in a hell of a spot later. If they choose to do nothing then the only recourse one could conceivably take against Trump that I can think of would be an incitement charge or maybe a reckless endangerment charge?

Either way, from my limited understanding, those two routes have always seemed to be 'murky ground' and difficult to prove when talking about political activism (or riots/insurrection). Assuming that it even makes it this far, we either arrest Trump (which will absolutely set off his base and until the Republicans stop eating themselves, I don't even want to guess which way the wind will blow in that case), or we end up saying that such rhetoric is not legally an issue (in which case we, at best, should expect more of the same rhetoric coming down the pipeline and at worst embolden all of this rhetoric to get even worse).

Of course the alternative to this scenario is not much better because even if the Dems impeach Trump again with no Rep support the main result of that will be another ratcheting up of rhetoric again anyways as everyone fights over legitimacy, because the Reps rose this spectre and it's not going away. Just like the spectres of Benghazi and emails never went away. The Reps keep saying 'oh well just investigate it, that's all we're asking for' and yet the spectres they raised earlier weren't vanquished with the numerous investigations that were made, and I HIGHLY doubt that this one would be any different.

4dforum.org,
#129New Post! Feb 07, 2021 @ 03:16:29
According to former Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund "The entire intelligence community missed signs of the riot" ABC News . I have news for you, the intelligence community doesn't miss anything. They know what your favorite toilet paper brand is. They definitely did not miss signs of a riot.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#130New Post! Feb 07, 2021 @ 17:54:37
@4d4m Said

I have news for you, the intelligence community doesn't miss anything. They know what your favorite toilet paper brand is. They definitely did not miss signs of a riot.

The intelligence community couldn't care less about your personal hygiene habits. Even with super computers using algorithms there aren't enough intel personnel to pay attention to the vast majority of Americans... and the paper work to get permission to stalk citizens isn't worth it.

Now big corporations that want to manipulate you out of your money... they climbed up your anus and set up shop there years ago.

NE, Ohio
#131New Post! Feb 07, 2021 @ 18:14:37
@chaski Said

Now big corporations that want to manipulate you out of your money... they climbed up your anus and set up shop there years ago.

Trump's DC hotel is hiking prices for March 4 - the day QAnon followers think the former president will be sworn in
On January 5 and 6, Trump International raised its rates significantly. The cheapest room available was $8,000 on the night of the deadly insurrection, according to Forbes' reporter Suzanne Rowan Kelleher.

On January 7, the hotel's managing director shared that the Capitol siege's week was one of "record-breaking" numbers.

I wonder if Putin and Lil' Kim are invited!?
Darkman666 On about 17 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#132New Post! Feb 07, 2021 @ 21:11:52
@mrmhead Said

Trump's DC hotel is hiking prices for March 4 - the day QAnon followers think the former president will be sworn in
On January 5 and 6, Trump International raised its rates significantly. The cheapest room available was $8,000 on the night of the deadly insurrection, according to Forbes' reporter Suzanne Rowan Kelleher.

On January 7, the hotel's managing director shared that the Capitol siege's week was one of "record-breaking" numbers.

I wonder if Putin and Lil' Kim are invited!?

they came there, because there is big sale at k-mart and walmalt for white pillow cases.

4dforum.org,
#133New Post! Feb 09, 2021 @ 03:01:16
What the hell makes them think Trump will be sworn in as president on March 4th?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#134New Post! Feb 09, 2021 @ 06:08:11
@4d4m Said

What the hell makes them think Trump will be sworn in as president on March 4th?

QAnon.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#135New Post! Feb 09, 2021 @ 08:19:27
Does the price of $1331 a night include a full English breakfast?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 10 11 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs