The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Why does god put the needs of the few above the needs of the many?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#16New Post! Jan 09, 2021 @ 17:45:16
@Electric_Banana Said

4d4m got the joke

But jokes aside....

The Bible is a demonstration of why we cherish a democracy because no, one, single entity will ever be able to handle every single situation correctly.

This is why the Biblical parables often times seem to sneak in some really horrid suggestions among the otherwise good ones.

The Bible is a salad picking of ideals from many different sources at that time. They were packaged and associated with one organization who upheld those ideals but some of the ideals were flawed.

The church, as it stands today, serves as test and demonstration that an governing force requires many people from many viewpoints and life situations to establish fair and realistic laws and policies (and...no...Earth is completely dysfunctional because most of it's inhabitants are not intellectually, psychologically or emotional mature and developed enough to fairly managed the democracy they desperately struggle with.)

Now, to answer the question, some of the Bible's parables seem like bad ones depending on the context in which you associate the metaphor offered.
The one in particular about a 'narrow path' addresses all of us and whether or not we shall achieve 'heaven' on this Earth.

We won't; the nameless majority, that large herd of sheepies, are selfish.

Every day they make choices and decisions that effect many people diversely but those choices and decisions are so small it is never apparent to the nameless majority as to how critical those choices can be.

Here are some examples:

-If everyone chose to eat less meat there would be less wastage at the grocery and less animals INTENTIONALLY brought into existence to butcher and then toss in a bin at the end of the day.

-If people were to adopt instead of insisting on spawning their own blood there wouldn't be an overpopulation issue.

-If wealthy parents didn't force their kids to take labor jobs and, instead, allow them to use their advantage to study and learn new skills then there would be more jobs available for poor families who would desperately need them.

These are just a few of many examples discovered when one begins to consider others around them and choose to be more conservative, not 'more conservative' in their charity, but more conservative in their carbon footprints and how much wastage they enable in a world where there truly are people who starve to death and perish from lack of shelter.

Not a bad view, but remember that poverty is a thing that is imposed by the tax system. Governments have to bear the burden of that immorality.

You might say that poverty is imposed on us so that the religious could show their better morals, but fail miserably.

Regards
DL
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#17New Post! Jan 09, 2021 @ 17:56:42
@GreatestIam2 Said

Where did you get your opinion from if not some book?

Do you believe that what you say of the gods can be true?

Regards
DL

"Opinions" seem to come from very many sources. I think becoming more aware of those sources allows us to "know ourselves". Otherwise we are simply marionettes. Books can certainly be one source of opinions - but there is a great difference between allowing just one interpretation of just one book - and that as taught to you by others -to eventually dictate your entire belief system, with, alternatively, seeking to open to all Reality.

My own experience is that I find myself with virtually no beliefs. As I have said before, for me "belief" and "faith" are opposites. I trust Reality. I have "faith" in it. Such faith, as I experience it, has no conditions or guarantees and therefore could be deemed pointless. The only point I can see is that is seems to enable me to respond to each unfolding moment in a more and more open way, beyond pre-judgements (and beyond confirmation bias!)

To try to see how I have arrived where I am - if it can be called anywhere at all - I would need to write by autobiography. I'll spare you that.

I don't really try to say much about "the gods".

Ottawa, Canada
#18New Post! Jan 09, 2021 @ 18:02:48
@dookie Said

My own experience is that I find myself with virtually no beliefs.

I offer my sympathies.

Regards
DL
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#19New Post! Jan 09, 2021 @ 19:10:50
@GreatestIam2 Said

I offer my sympathies.

Regards
DL

Often a nodding acquaintance with the Buddhist dharma - combined with perhaps a poor exposition of it by one seeking to live it - leads to equating it with nihilism.

Such is life.

Ottawa, Canada
#20New Post! Jan 09, 2021 @ 19:57:23
@dookie Said

Often a nodding acquaintance with the Buddhist dharma - combined with perhaps a poor exposition of it by one seeking to live it - leads to equating it with nihilism.

Such is life.

IDK.

I have never meet a nihilist. Have you?

Regards
DL
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Jan 09, 2021 @ 20:28:44
@GreatestIam2 Said

IDK.

Regards
DL

Maybe we wouldn't know if we had.......

But the point was that there is a very significant difference between believing nothing and believing in Nothing.

Anyway, I'm halfway through a Montalbano.......
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#22New Post! Jan 10, 2021 @ 05:20:22
@dookie Said

Sorry, it sounds as if I am saying nothing........but faith as I understand it sets no conditions

It is the "empty" ground from which conditions arise.

Anyway, I might just try painting a little birdie next......

Wouldn't that be 'Honor System'? lol

, New Zealand
#23New Post! Jan 10, 2021 @ 05:31:15
@GreatestIam2 Said

Not a bad view, but remember that poverty is a thing that is imposed by the tax system.

I understand the old concept of 'making things too easy'

But, during my life, when I said "I am ready for your challenge, world!"

I was not given a fair run as the part of the US I lived in hated liberals, hippies, etc

If you don't like someone's religion, race, fact they don't like the same football team - you can murder them by not giving them employment, sabotaging their their business or not serving as patron to their business.

Imagine you've been blacklisted by a constituency so large it is 90% of the town you live in.

After the war people in NY found that out soon after making one too many funnies about Jewish people.

Same for those in PigNuts, Arkansas who don't agree with Polygamy: no jobs for them.

Without the taxation safety net you would make it too easy to exercise bias and murder people in a legal and bureaucratic manner; keeping them out of the tree clubhouse.
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#24New Post! Jan 10, 2021 @ 08:03:19
@Electric_Banana Said

Wouldn't that be 'Honor System'? lol

That seems to revolve around trusting others , expectation, obligation......even reward.

Ottawa, Canada
#25New Post! Jan 19, 2021 @ 17:52:24
@Electric_Banana Said

I understand the old concept of 'making things too easy'

But, during my life, when I said "I am ready for your challenge, world!"

I was not given a fair run as the part of the US I lived in hated liberals, hippies, etc

If you don't like someone's religion, race, fact they don't like the same football team - you can murder them by not giving them employment, sabotaging their their business or not serving as patron to their business.

Imagine you've been blacklisted by a constituency so large it is 90% of the town you live in.

After the war people in NY found that out soon after making one too many funnies about Jewish people.

Same for those in PigNuts, Arkansas who don't agree with Polygamy: no jobs for them.

Without the taxation safety net you would make it too easy to exercise bias and murder people in a legal and bureaucratic manner; keeping them out of the tree clubhouse.

Polarization is our way of life.

It is always us against them. We all wish to be seen as the fittest.

Regards
DL

, New Zealand
#26New Post! Jan 25, 2021 @ 14:06:32
@GreatestIam2 Said

Polarization is our way of life.

It is always us against them. We all wish to be seen as the fittest.

Regards
DL

For me it is merely to maintain faith in my competence. I don't wish to be the fittest to stand over and dictate to others but rather so that others do no feel entitled to stand over and dictate to me.

When it comes to contrast though...more so than just ego, I believe it's necessary to keep the mind active; we'd stagnate and go mad otherwise - the mind is always seeking conflict in some form.

Ottawa, Canada
#27New Post! Jan 26, 2021 @ 19:02:46
@Electric_Banana Said

For me it is merely to maintain faith in my competence. I don't wish to be the fittest to stand over and dictate to others but rather so that others do no feel entitled to stand over and dictate to me.

When it comes to contrast though...more so than just ego, I believe it's necessary to keep the mind active; we'd stagnate and go mad otherwise - the mind is always seeking conflict in some form.

Insightful.

Your last is correct. Our minds hate peace and wants problems to solve, or so it seems. Especially for men.

Regards
DL
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#28New Post! Feb 24, 2021 @ 23:25:50
@GreatestIam2 Said

IDK.

Regards
DL

I have. I can say you have too, if you haven't you have read about them in the papers. They don't believe in anything but dominance. They use lies to rule your world and feed you false philosophies and religions designed to control mankind.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#29New Post! Feb 25, 2021 @ 00:56:21
Why does god put the needs of the few above the needs of the many?

My god doesn’t do this.

Humans, some, project that the mythical god of Abraham does this, but that is because they either A) are using religion to gain power over others, or B) using religion as a drug to dull reality.

Ottawa, Canada
#30New Post! Feb 25, 2021 @ 18:21:15
@4d4m Said

I have. I can say you have too, if you haven't you have read about them in the papers. They don't believe in anything but dominance. They use lies to rule your world and feed you false philosophies and religions designed to control mankind.

There are many control systems. Too many.

They are not working as well as they should, especially religions built on fantasy.

Regards
DL
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs