Heaven and Hell

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...16 17 18
MisterX On August 10, 2022

Saint Petersburg,
#256New Post! Nov 30, 2019 @ 17:17:57
@gakINGKONG Said

The question of heaven and hell is really a question about God and what happens after death.

Well said, since that is the question being tossed to and fro, on this thread.

@chaski Said

Really?

If heaven and hell aren't about god and what happens after death, what is the question of heaven and hell is really about then?

Heaven and Hell are very heavy subjects, and if a person picks the wrong path, things don't end well. Treating those questions lightly is silly, but it is constantly done now-aa-days.

The questions are these: Do sinners go to the fire? And do the saints go to be with Jesus. Those are the questions. The answer to both questions in yes.
chaski On about 17 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#257New Post! Nov 30, 2019 @ 17:47:21
@MisterX Said

Well said, since that is the question being tossed to and fro, on this thread.

Heaven and Hell are very heavy subjects, and if a person picks the wrong path, things don't end well. Treating those questions lightly is silly, but it is constantly done now-aa-days.

The questions are these: Do sinners go to the fire? And do the saints go to be with Jesus. Those are the questions. The answer to both questions in yes.

So heaven and hell ARE about god and what happens after death.

I misunderstood your earlier post.

Saint Petersburg,
#258New Post! Dec 18, 2020 @ 23:58:14
@chaski Said

So heaven and hell ARE about god and what happens after death.

I misunderstood your earlier post.

Yes it is. Most important for us, is where we end up, because it is permanent. It is a common thing today, to deny Hell, and play up Heaven. That is foolish, since Jesus commonly preached about Hell. And everyone should think long and hard, on the subject.😇🤓🎲
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#259New Post! Dec 19, 2020 @ 01:52:05
1. yes for both

2. Eventually both will have people. I'm not sure about right now.

3. No. Both Heaven and Hell are ontologically good (as opposed to sin and death which will not be around forever and do not serve an eternal purpose.
Stalker

#260New Post! Dec 19, 2020 @ 16:16:17
@MisterX Said

Yes it is. Most important for us, is where we end up, because it is permanent. It is a common thing today, to deny Hell, and play up Heaven. That is foolish, since Jesus commonly preached about Hell. And everyone should think long and hard, on the subject.😇🤓🎲

Could you share for me a description of heaven that doesn't actually turn out to be hell?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#261New Post! Dec 19, 2020 @ 19:52:10
@chaski Said

Could you share for me a description of heaven that doesn't actually turn out to be hell?

Bourbon.

Lots of bourbon. As long as I don't have a body to pay the consequences.

I'm sure there is nearly an infinite variety of bourbon. So the variations will keep it fresh for me throughout eternity.

I'll even entertain variations of whisky whiskey wiskey wisky However you choose to spell it.

Stalker

#262New Post! Dec 20, 2020 @ 01:36:34
@mrmhead Said

Bourbon.

Lots of bourbon. As long as I don't have a body to pay the consequences.

I'm sure there is nearly an infinite variety of bourbon. So the variations will keep it fresh for me throughout eternity.

I'll even entertain variations of whisky whiskey wiskey wisky However you choose to spell it.

I have asked my question about heaven for many years here on TFS, and you are the only one to ever give a good answer.

Stalker

#264New Post! Dec 23, 2020 @ 00:31:04
What if the world is not ruled by anyone nor anything.

The great sky god overseas all, the mother earth provides, the cave bear teaches us motivation, hope, fear, etc...

And aliens don’t come to earth because we humans are too loud, messy and obnoxious... coming to earth is like visiting a putrid cesspool of rotting tumescent flesh, but our “stink” is sound pollution noise... endless radio wave of tv, radio, satellite signals that aliens can’t stand...and air pollution...
Human made pollution... “

>. “...why don’t we visit earth?”
>> “Sure... why don’t we eat feces also...”

What if...

Saint Petersburg,
#265New Post! Jan 29, 2022 @ 05:53:45
@chaski Said

That’s an open ended question that cannot be answered, the whole matter is about faith that God built a Heaven for us.
Hell is the same way, and you have to accept the God knows more than we do. He built the whole thing.
Stalker

#266New Post! Jan 29, 2022 @ 16:48:17
@MisterX Said

That’s an open ended question that cannot be answered, the whole matter is about faith that God built a Heaven for us.
Hell is the same way, and you have to accept the God knows more than we do. He built the whole thing.

I don't see it as an "open ended question" at all, but rather very specific.

But ok... you don't have an answer... I'm good with that.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...16 17 18

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs