Politics

Donald Trump Lite rides again

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Nov 20, 2020 @ 13:17:07
Boris Johnson calls an independent inquiry into accusations of bullying by his Home Secretary Priti Patel (the Home Secretary is the minister responsible for Law and Order)

The inquiry finds that Ms Patel's behaviour towards her staff "can be described as bullying" and that she has "broken the ministerial code".

Boris Johnson responds by saying "No she has not. The matter is closed"

Anyway, as expected, the Inquiry has resulted in a resignation. Yes, Sir Alex Allen, who led the inquiry, has gone!
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Nov 20, 2020 @ 14:17:13
Is Priti a Johnson supporter?

Is Johnson suspected of pressuring Allen? Or did he resign out of frustration - like we've had over here in some occasions.
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Nov 20, 2020 @ 15:03:06
@mrmhead Said

Is Priti a Johnson supporter?

Is Johnson suspected of pressuring Allen? Or did he resign out of frustration - like we've had over here in some occasions.

As I understand it, ALL ministers in Boris Johnson's Government are there because they have pledged support to Brexit.

The story is just breaking but at this moment it appears that Mr Allen was not pressured into resigning. I would assume, as you suggest/ask, more simple frustration - a sense of the sheer pointlessness of his position.
SlyFox On May 12, 2021

Surrey, United Kingdom
#5New Post! Nov 24, 2020 @ 19:41:10
Our ministers are all useless. If each one gets sacked or forcefully retired so to speak we won't have a Government. I hear so many idiots preaching policy reforms all the time but I don't see any of those big mouths wanting to enter parliament and make a difference. That's why this country is in a mess.

And where does authority become bullying and who sets this line that people cross. It seems to me that all of the woke brigade cause these issues which have a knock on effect of no one wanting positions where they can be accused and sacked just to show correctness and diversity.

Life is just so boring now with so many minority groups who want to scream inequality instead of just enjoying life!
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Nov 24, 2020 @ 20:50:35
@SlyFox Said

Our ministers are all useless.

I would say some are competent enough.

@SlyFox Said

If each one gets sacked or forcefully retired so to speak we won't have a Government.

Wrong. They would be replaced by others. "The t*** is dead, long live the t***."

@SlyFox Said

I hear so many idiots preaching policy reforms all the time but I don't see any of those big mouths wanting to enter parliament and make a difference.

I certainly hear plenty of idiots. Nevertheless, many people seek election as independents. Reading their blurbs I often think they would genuinely make a difference. Alas, an independent has virtually no chance of election.

@SlyFox Said

That's why this country is in a mess.

Very simplistic.

@SlyFox Said

And where does authority become bullying and who sets this line that people cross.

A Ministerial Code has existed in our constitution since WW2. Independent Inquiries can be called to investigate if any line has been crossed. Of course, as we have found, the PM can call an Inquiry and reject its findings. He can sit on it for 7 months, finally publish it in Anti-Bully Week, and absolve the one declared a bully by the very Inquiry he called himself.

@SlyFox Said

It seems to me that all of the woke brigade cause these issues which have a knock on effect of no one wanting positions where they can be accused and sacked just to show correctness and diversity.

I really don't see how you can actually blame those who highlight the various problems.

@SlyFox Said

Life is just so boring now with so many minority groups who want to scream inequality instead of just enjoying life!

I do not find life boring. If "minority groups" make life boring for you I suggest you recognise that YOU are one.
SlyFox On May 12, 2021

Surrey, United Kingdom
#7New Post! Nov 24, 2020 @ 21:19:24
@dookie Said

I do not find life boring. If "minority groups" make life boring for you I suggest you recognise that YOU are one.

I'm in the minority all right - I'm perfectly normal!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs