NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Oct 01, 2020 @ 16:49:40
Considering your previous posts ... I'm afraid to ask
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Oct 01, 2020 @ 17:08:38
Ok...

Disposable Diapers vs Reusable (i.e. Laundered) Diapers.

Yes... disposable diapers take a long time to breakdown. But the "breaking down" is occurring in a dump site.

On the other hand, the soap that is used to clean Reusable (i.e. Laundered) Diapers is toxic to the environment and gets dumped straight in to the local environment. Depending on where you live, that poison typically goes into your ground water, streams, rivers, ocean.

The only greater example of a massively successful commercial lie is that margarine is better for you than butter. Margarine is basically a poison that the human body cannot break down, butter is natural. Any negative butter has can be over come by regular exercise.

Anyway, the idea that Reusable (i.e. Laundered) Diapers are better for the environment is a complete lie.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! Oct 01, 2020 @ 19:22:17
@chaski Said

Ok...

Disposable Diapers vs Reusable (i.e. Laundered) Diapers.

Yes... disposable diapers take a long time to breakdown. But the "breaking down" is occurring in a dump site.

On the other hand, the soap that is used to clean Reusable (i.e. Laundered) Diapers is toxic to the environment and gets dumped straight in to the local environment. Depending on where you live, that poison typically goes into your ground water, streams, rivers, ocean.

The only greater example of a massively successful commercial lie is that margarine is better for you than butter. Margarine is basically a poison that the human body cannot break down, butter is natural. Any negative butter has can be over come by regular exercise.

Anyway, the idea that Reusable (i.e. Laundered) Diapers are better for the environment is a complete lie.

What about the manufacturing process of disposable diapers?
Of course then we have to consider the manufacture of the cloth diaper and soap, as well.

How many times can a cloth diaper be used? And then even after it's no longer viable for baby's bottom, it's a great garage rag!

Then up the ante by using "organic"/"environmentally safe" soap (assuming you find one that is not just a marketing label) and consider I've seen some studies that the "organics" don't clean as well as the harsh chemicals.

And the more recent studies that the "hyper-cleaning" of our households and lifestyles could be partially to blame for the increased childhood allergies and sicknesses - the whole "that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger"
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#5New Post! Oct 01, 2020 @ 19:58:27
@mrmhead Said

What about the manufacturing process of disposable diapers?

Think Vegan.

Also... bleach and soaps poured in to our water table/water ways.

@mrmhead Said

How many times can a cloth diaper be used? And then even after it's no longer viable for baby's bottom, it's a great garage rag!

Again... garbage "stored" in isolated areas vs. bleach and soaps poured in to our water table/water ways.

@mrmhead Said

Then up the ante by using "organic"/"environmentally safe" soap....

If only...

Oh... and disposable diaper can be pissed in numerous times. Cloth ones get messy...

And then there are the diaper pins being stuck into babies...

As a man who changed a lot of diapers (and won a "put the cloth diaper on the fake baby" contest)... trust me (or not) disposable diapers are the way to go.

As are adult disposable diapers, though I think they are called something besides "diapers".
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#6New Post! Oct 01, 2020 @ 22:03:15
Incontinence control pads

But yeah most caregivers call them diapers unless it embarrassed the patient. Though pads are often used if the person is bed ridden, They call those chucks.

Disposable absolutely the way to go. Like to to point cloth diapers on a adult might become disposable, because washing that s*** is just way too labor intensive. Unless the patient is literally on a feeding tube liquid diet. But even so, cloth has much more health risks on adults that are not mobile or completely aware for whatever reason.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#7New Post! Oct 01, 2020 @ 23:38:16
@DiscordTiger Said

cloth diapers on a adult might become disposable, because washing that s*** is just way too labor intensive.

Kind of a s*** storm...
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#8New Post! Oct 02, 2020 @ 01:19:28
We tried cloth for a bit, but it didn't last long.

When both parents work, convenience is invaluable.
Darkman666 On about 12 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Oct 02, 2020 @ 01:47:07
just wear 10 to 20 of them at one time, if your load fall to the ground. the product doesn't work. just don't step in it!
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#10New Post! Oct 03, 2020 @ 15:32:30
@Ricky92072 Said

I want disposable diapers but my parents won’t get me any I need help

It was much later in my life that John Water's character 'Divine' finally made sense to me.

Personally I don't see anything wrong going around town in nothing but a big diaper and flip-flops.

It's all ugly, mate so why dress up for any of it?

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs