Illuminating.........

A quite natural mistake
mrmhead On about 19 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Sep 24, 2020 @ 19:43:11
@dookie Said

Illuminating.........

A quite natural mistake

It speaks volumes of the lack of diversity in various professions, let alone undercurrents of prejudices.
Darkman666 On about 18 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Sep 24, 2020 @ 20:59:22
yes, i believe it.

it could in america courts, to she is young, which it doesn't matter. everybody except her older. she is black, with protesting going around. you never know.

pretty much, i would believe it would happen to her again.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#4New Post! Sep 24, 2020 @ 23:12:51
I've had to prove to people I have a master's degree before they will let me look up a book for them on the reference desk because I'm latina. And I obviously can't be a real librarian.

I continually still get s*** from my university provost, but that is more that he has an issue with staff/faculty than race. But several days this summer have been f***ing exhausting having to justify my existence. It's worse for my black colleagues.

that is exactly what the lack of privilege is. Nothing to do with money or education, but the ability to life your life without having to justify your existence several times a day, because others see your skin and make assumptions. It's not the worst that could happen, but it is exhausting and demeaning and it f***s with your head.

I mean a piece of drywall could get more justice in court than you do.

our attorneys don't dress differently, but some of the black judges sometimes have issues when they first start if they walk around the courthouse without robes on. People of color tend to wear things like robes or uniforms, or in academia, emphasize their titles, because it serves as a signal that stops the wrong assumptions from escaping people's mouths.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs