cash being outlawed

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#46New Post! Sep 01, 2020 @ 18:02:15
@darkman666 Said

you go to a grocery store with loose change dump in one of coin charcity venting machine. between 4 to 6 dollars, they take out 7 cents for every dollars, something like that. they will give you, the slip paper that come out to tell how much you have. use the slip for grocery , the grocery store take off your bill.

one of the major coin operator for laundry machines decided a couple months ago. to put beside their quarter deposit for laundry machines and dryers. they put a credit card slip slot in their machines do to the coin shortage.

i got wonder if really coin shortage at all? i been places stores over the past months, they not out of coin at all. but some of stores won't cash at all, either.

I went to a coin-op laundromat a few weeks back and I commented that I was surprised they still used quarters ONLY. The (owner?) said it would cost way too much to convert to use cards.
Darkman666 On about 5 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#47New Post! Sep 01, 2020 @ 19:01:24
@mrmhead Said

I went to a coin-op laundromat a few weeks back and I commented that I was surprised they still used quarters ONLY. The (owner?) said it would cost way too much to convert to use cards.

it probably hasn't with coins. it will eventually, be with no quarters allows in the machines. the coin laundry machine companies are lazy, because the collectors have use gloves, they don't want touch coins. or, the company employees deals with coins don't want touch them to count them.

these coin companies still have services the machines in the stores, what the difference coins or repair, they get inflective, when they go in the store.
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#48New Post! Sep 03, 2020 @ 19:58:08
@backdoor Said

Don't forget money in accounts are not as safe as cash in your pocket.. Some Government Revenue account got stolen by electronic transfer..they should well know about this! BoA one time got money stolen by high tech thieves and some almost cannot '' retire''!

We all need cash in our '' piggy banks and in our pants! ''
Cash ala king! kudo kudo!

Tak

It's safe in your account until the government (or in a possible future a mega corporation) decides to freeze all your assets or erase your existence.

4dforum.org,
#49New Post! Sep 03, 2020 @ 22:00:49
What I notice is the price associated with getting cash from an ATM. When they first became a thing they were usually free. ATMs started to be bought by small franchisees and investors wanting to make a little side money. The price has risen precipitously. I remember the fee being $0.50 for a transaction. It now costs me $3.50 to pull my own cash out of my card. The company I work for pays me on a card so there is no bank branch for me to go to.

I got paid for a side job by check. I went to the bank the check was written from and since it was over $500.00 I had to pay $5.00 to get cash. Making it more convenient and less expensive to keep all transactions electronic.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#50New Post! Sep 03, 2020 @ 22:14:43
i know i get charge three dollars other months for the paperwork. when i withdrawal money from atm, my bank doesn't charge me. if i use another bank's atm take money out. i get charge for that.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#51New Post! Sep 04, 2020 @ 11:51:09
@darkman666 Said

i know i get charge three dollars other months for the paperwork. when i withdrawal money from atm, my bank doesn't charge me. if i use another bank's atm take money out. i get charge for that.

It wasn't always that way.

In the beginning of ATMs, yes, you had to use your own bank, or one from an affiliated ATM network.

Then they opened it up and you could use your card anywhere at no charge. Now, you can use it anywhere, but you'll be charged if it's not your bank.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#52New Post! Sep 04, 2020 @ 13:50:40
@mrmhead Said

It wasn't always that way.

In the beginning of ATMs, yes, you had to use your own bank, or one from an affiliated ATM network.

Then they opened it up and you could use your card anywhere at no charge. Now, you can use it anywhere, but you'll be charged if it's not your bank.

you find them in walgreens, malls, and gas stations that i found out about them.
adrian_17_p On September 24, 2020

, Georgia
#53New Post! Sep 24, 2020 @ 20:37:39
Want to gain money fast? Click on this link and do that

https://shrinke.me/EGFUCAVv
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#54New Post! Oct 22, 2020 @ 20:59:09
As far as using cards go, I'm quite happy to use my card for things like grocery shopping..... buying petrol at the filling station..... buying clothes and shoes.... and other domestic purchases.

But for going out, it's strictly cash with Amanda and I. We are as one on that count for one very simple reason. We both like a party and when the voddy and the cocktails start to take effect we can get kinda carried away.

If we go out with X amount of cash in our purses, and leave our cards at home, then we can party as much as we like all the time we still have money. Whatever we take with us is written off before we leave the house. We toss a coin to decide who is going to tuck a twenty in her bra for the taxi home.

Using a card on a night out is a very dangerous thing to do. If you use your card every time you get drinks, or food or for any other reason, you can't keep track of what you're spending and you won't know until your statement comes in and then it's way too late.

We also use cash to dine out. That's not so much an economy measure, but we just prefer it that way. Also, it means we can leave a cash tip for the waiter / waitress who can then pocket it quietly, rather than have their tip added to the bill, which is then taxed.

With cash, when you run out, the party's over. It can be a bit annoying if you're really having a good time, but it's safer that way.
GeorgeMichaelBluth On December 02, 2020

Rockford, Louisiana
#55New Post! Dec 02, 2020 @ 00:28:54
Sounds like you're a very scared person. Maybe you'll be right. When do you believe this will happen. Since you're so sure dont just say "eventually " within a year? Two years?
woodss On February 26, 2024

#56New Post! Dec 02, 2020 @ 07:44:26
There always be a need for cash.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#57New Post! Dec 02, 2020 @ 18:12:42
@woodss Said

There always be a need for cash.

There should be. However, it is commercial forces that are driving the move towards electronic payments and the main reason (of many) is that it provides businesses with the gold dust of data.

Data is power in the marketplace. When you know who buys what, how much they buy of it, and when they buy it, promotions and advertising can be targeted. Electronic payment ties purchasing trends to individuals. Databases can be built up, and not only that, but there is a profit to be made from the sale of data. Once you have your database, you can sell that information on. All sorts of people, for whatever reason, will pay big money to have that information.

Every time you make a card payment, that information is gathered and stored.

And its uses don't stop at advertising.
backdoor On 60 minutes ago

Richmond, Canada
#58New Post! Aug 13, 2021 @ 01:46:19
You keep every penny electronic....
they can steal it when they got your passwords.

Better keep the tangible money system.
or bring barter back to life.

Our national revenue accounts are stolen this way....
with people in the bank as accomplice then
we have to find people to come up with money to run our country,
run it their way.... if they are sponsored by communist,
they indirectly change everything our forefathers set up...

Long live the freedom and long live the sense of security
in keeping money in the bank.
Or under your bed.... or inside your shoe box so that your
spouse cannot find it.

Tak

4dforum.org,
#59New Post! Aug 13, 2021 @ 03:52:12
Amen
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)