Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 10 · >>
Jennifer1984 On about 4 hours ago
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#122New Post! Aug 18, 2020 @ 12:45:52
@offbeat Said

Just for the record, i never once used the word 'scrounger' and i never used the word scumbag against any members, it was reserved for criminals. I did throw leftie around though.

Point taken and acknowledged. However, it is the use of such rhetoric at all and in any context that ups the ante on discussions. It only produces retaliations - of which I freely admit to being one of the guilty parties - and in the end the whole thing deteriorates to a slanging match which is unproductive.

People feel oppressed.... howled down... by such verbiage and it's very difficult not to respond in kind. I will not be howled down, or forced into a defensive position by such aggression. Rather, I'll metaphorically roll my sleeves up and come right back at you.

I cut my teeth in the combative world of student politics. That's a tough bearpit to learn in.

Just because an opinion doesn't come from the same part of the political spectrum as yours doesn't necessarily make it diametrically extreme as yours. An unfavourable comment to an extreme right wing message doesn't necessarily mean the response is from the extreme left wing.

In my time on this forum I've locked horns with Boxer (remember him..?), the Australian, Bob the Fisherman and now you. It seems that no sooner does one depart, then another with almost exactly the same views pops up. I sometimes wonder if it's the same person trying to re-invent himself. It's a suspicion that crosses my mind, but I discount it in an attempt to show at least some faith in human decency.

Boxer even attempted to pretend he was a gay man, for what reason I don't know (well, I had my suspicions), but I saw through him. He thought just saying it would suffice, but he didn't do his homework and fell down too many times when I attempted to make discussion on the sort of things any member of the LGBT community would know. Honestly.... he didn't have a clue about gay culture, points of view or any of the political things that matter to us. My use of simple phrases and slang completely baffled him. He was just....... wrong.

The world of internet forums provides anonymity and some use this as a cover for all sort of extremes. Well, that's their privilege. But it's soon seen through and when it is, claiming to be any sort of moderate just doesn't wash.

You can hide your face. You can hide your name. But you can't hide your point of view when you're putting it out there in the most brazen terms. And you have to expect to be challenged and taken to task for it.

So how about a sort of "Pax Fora". Let's try to at least tone down the ferocity of the rhetoric. I'm not asking you to change your position on issues. I want a rollicking good debate on any topic and I'd be appalled if you changed your point of view (which I don't think will happen anyway).

Some rudeness is allowed... that's what the message at the foot of the box says. But let's not abuse the privilege. Agreed...?
DiscordTiger On about 15 hours ago
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#123New Post! Aug 18, 2020 @ 16:48:20
So we probably shouldn’t discuss former members.

But for record boxer exists, and is a gay male and is not bob.

I can confirm this from outside tfs, and in ways I’m certain I was not being catfished on those facts.

Like the front page post implies. I have meet and spoken to a few people outside the forum. I don’t know everything and can’t vouch for everyone, but there are several here I know exist outside an account on TFS.

Also Jen, you keep excluding me from the lgbtq community, even though I’m very much a part of it, just not the stereotypical way you expect. It’s cool. We are all different
It’s ok.
You can be lgbtq without being given a secret code book of phrases, memos, and decoder rings. — or if so that is yet one more of my items the post office has lost.

It really would be boring if humans were all the same or predictable.

Albeit, less frustrating, but I’ve come to the point I accept the extremes, and just decide there are are people I need to be done with. I can’t change them, so arguing only upsets me. I chose to not waste energy that way.
Jennifer1984 On about 4 hours ago
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#124New Post! Aug 18, 2020 @ 18:56:31
Not at all suggesting there is a "secret code" of any sort, just certain practices, ways, patterns of behaviour, usages of slang and and other things that any individual who has been around the scene for any amount of time would reasonably be expected to know. OK, so some things may pass people by, but his level of non-knowledge was too much.

Example I can remember..... for some reason the subject was condoms and I commented on them. He came back with the reply "What use would a lesbian have for condoms?" Epic fail. Sheesh... I had to tell him that the more promiscuous girls on the scene use them for protection when sharing sex toys.

He didn't know that...!! Over here, bars and clubs have condom machines in women's toilets.

It's a bit like gaydar. It isn't any sort of "radar" but more like body language, looks, touches, comments, smiles and eye contact. All out there in the world for all to see, but picked up by those who are sensitive to it.

Perhaps I'm just more sensitive to these things than most, or its more prevalent on this side of the pond.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#125New Post! Aug 18, 2020 @ 19:09:25
I think it’s probably more of a British/American thing.

I know what you mean on the “gaydar”. I can almost always recognize other Americans, I have trouble sometimes with people that have immigrated recently from other cultures. Behavior is just slightly different
Not being judgy, my education is in sociology, with a strong interest in American studies. I’d probably get a second masters in it, if I applied the time. Current socio-political events here, have sort of reset some personal goals from the lofty to the practical.

Maybe in a couple years, when things stablelize, or the whole Country goes mad max and academics don’t matter in the same way.
gakINGKONG On 56 minutes ago

, Florida
#126New Post! Aug 19, 2020 @ 15:17:23
I'm anti fablac Kblocrioter far from Portland and you couldn't pay me to live there for less than $3million per year.
4d4m On September 28, 2020

4dforum.org,
#127New Post! Aug 28, 2020 @ 02:49:14
Michael German, a former FBI special agent has released a report on the infiltration of police by white supremacists ( Brennan Center for Justice ). The report is detailed and disturbing. Here is a Blog Post on the subject.
Deal_With_It On September 06, 2020

Stevens Pass, Washington
#128New Post! Sep 02, 2020 @ 21:30:49
@Don1945 Said

I will accept this post as a troll/joke post. No one in their right mind would think anti social groups like that are somehow ok.

You would be surprised at their thought process. I can't wrap my head around how 'off' some of these folks are!

4dforum.org,
#129New Post! Sep 06, 2020 @ 04:07:50
The protests go on. Cops keep killing black people. The Feds get involved and make things worse. Then, this Michael Reinohl guy tracks down and shoots a Trump supporter. The police kill him while attempting an arrest and AG Barr says it's good the guy is dead. This thing just keeps escalating. See this Blog Post
dookie On about 1 hour ago
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#130New Post! Sep 06, 2020 @ 07:53:52
@4d4m Said

The protests go on. Cops keep killing black people. The Feds get involved and make things worse. Then, this Michael Reinohl guy tracks down and shoots a Trump supporter. The police kill him while attempting an arrest and AG Barr says it's good the guy is dead. This thing just keeps escalating. See this Blog Post

Dark days coming.

4dforum.org,
#131New Post! Sep 15, 2020 @ 17:50:03
The weekend shooting of two LA County deputies in Compton has some people calling for a denouncement by BLM leaders. Who are these leaders and should they apologize for something that may have nothing to do with the protests. Blog Post
mrmhead 0 minutes ago

NE, Ohio
#132New Post! Sep 16, 2020 @ 01:33:00
@4d4m Said

The weekend shooting of two LA County deputies in Compton has some people calling for a denouncement by BLM leaders. Who are these leaders and should they apologize for something that may have nothing to do with the protests. Blog Post

I saw a blurb somewhere that someone was calling on LeBron James to "Step up" and match the reward money...?? again - Why? / Why him?
darkman666 0 minutes ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#133New Post! Sep 16, 2020 @ 02:14:12
@mrmhead Said

I saw a blurb somewhere that someone was calling on LeBron James to "Step up" and match the reward money...?? again - Why? / Why him?

i saw that this morning, isn't he a basketball player or whatever. in the past 30 years, that sport figures. so important these days, especially blacks, with nonsense with kneeling garbage. nobody are in the stand, so the players impress the tv cameras. so what? the million dollars that they get paid for each season to play or knee. who care?

labron james, what he said, " step up " new meme or something that represent a movement. james is no martin luther king, jr.

so answer your question, mm, james shows his care with the reward. he is make look himself, he is important. bozo, jr. james face the responsible that this more vignette behavior on his part that realizes, let him learn!
gakINGKONG On 56 minutes ago

, Florida
#134New Post! Sep 16, 2020 @ 14:14:29
And now some of these cities (Minnesota) have decided that funding a police force is a good idea.

Well hey!! Baby steps eh?

What next, toilet training for adults? Stoplights?

Just imagine if those anarchists were wearing MAGA hats.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#135New Post! Sep 16, 2020 @ 16:11:53
@mrmhead Said

He tweeted. Something to the effect of

Wtf is going on, police about another unarmed black man, we need justice.

And the la police chief got his fee-fees hurt, so he challenged leBron to “pay” for his “statement” and the its his fault the police officers were shoot. Because if he has just kept his mouth f***ing shut and did what he was told this would not be a problem.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...7 8 9 10 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs