Forums:
News & Current Events

Government Sponsored Censorship

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#1New Post! Aug 22, 2020 @ 17:43:19
Children's Health Defense is suing Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook for censoring information. Children's Health Defense's president, Robert F Kennedy Jr, says that Facebook and other "fact checking" organizations have censored their content, which is sometimes critical or contradictory to official government claims. have been censored. The organization says the censorship is government sponsored, having begun after a suggestion by Intelligence Committee Chairman Representative Adam Schiff. the story is here at Underground Newswire
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! Aug 22, 2020 @ 18:02:12
From the link:

"Why It Matters: Many Facebook users are unaware that their perceptions about world events are manufactured by powerful interests and not facts. While people utilize news platforms and social media to get their news, they often don’t have the time nor take the action of verifying the claims from any news source."

Which is pretty funny considering the Children's Health Defense puts out a lot of manipulation of information and anti-vaccine propaganda (aka bull s***).

I doubt the case will go far. They state that what Facebook did was at the "suggestion" of one government official.

> "Suggestion" is not the same as "Sponsoring", as odd as it seams to some words have meanings.

> Facebook is a privately owned organization (i.e. not a government organization) thus has the right to set up their membership rules the way they want to. Once you join Facebook, you have accepted their rules. As odd as it might seem to some, Facebook has the same Constitutional protections that other private organizations have.

4dforum.org,
#3New Post! Aug 22, 2020 @ 18:46:18
I agree for the most part. Agree or disagree with the organization, to me the most important part is Facebook censored them upon the suggestion of Adam Schiff. If that is the case, the things Facebook doesn't allow, and the things they do allow become questionable.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#4New Post! Aug 22, 2020 @ 19:26:56
@4d4m Said

I agree for the most part. Agree or disagree with the organization, to me the most important part is Facebook censored them upon the suggestion of Adam Schiff. If that is the case, the things Facebook doesn't allow, and the things they do allow become questionable.

Adam Schiff. Must be the most powerful guy in the government,

4dforum.org,
#5New Post! Aug 22, 2020 @ 19:30:56
LOL

He's just another puppet.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#6New Post! Aug 22, 2020 @ 19:39:09
Nope.

Facebook can allow or disallow anything they want on thier site. They are not the government.

Government agreement is purely coincidental.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#7New Post! Aug 22, 2020 @ 19:54:20
@4d4m Said

LOL

He's just another puppet.

Puppet of not, Schiff has no power over Facebook.... at this point AOC probably has more influence than Schiff does.

Now it the story line was "Ajit Pai, Chairman, of the FCC..." there might be reason to believe that the government was influencing Facebook, and therefore some concern.

But Schiff...?

This s*** is ridiculous and is actually just more proof of how little Americans know about their own government.

But thanks... these days I'll take any good laugh I can get.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#8New Post! Aug 22, 2020 @ 20:18:12
@chaski Said

Puppet of not, Schiff has no power over Facebook.... at this point AOC probably has more influence than Schiff does.

Now it the story line was "Ajit Pai, Chairman, of the FCC..." there might be reason to believe that the government was influencing Facebook, and therefore some concern.

But Schiff...?

This s*** is ridiculous and is actually just more proof of how little Americans know about their own government.

But thanks... these days I'll take any good laugh I can get.

Nah, AOC is the f***ing queen of twitter. She owns that s*** in a way other people can only aspire to. Lol.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#9New Post! Aug 22, 2020 @ 20:22:03
@DiscordTiger Said

Nah, AOC is the f***ing queen of twitter. She owns that s*** in a way other people can only aspire to. Lol.

She would likely have more influence over Facebook than Schiff.

4dforum.org,
#10New Post! Aug 23, 2020 @ 20:59:29
That's the thing. Why would ole Mark listen to Schiff the Intelligence Committee Chairman at all? For that matter why would he bend over and take the accusations that Facebook was responsible for the unrest in Burma or the election of Donald Trump . Blaming a communication platform for political events is like blaming paper for "Mein Kampf"
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#11New Post! Aug 23, 2020 @ 21:11:39
Because mark isn’t listening to schiff.
Schiff doesn’t have that kind of power.

If anyone Mark is listening to the advertisers, who have already said if Facebook is all lies and trash they will spend their money somewhere else.
Darkman666 On about 14 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#12New Post! Aug 23, 2020 @ 21:29:07
for years, with sort of business without advertisements. no backing, you can just
ask people support for money. the idea of more or less, moral support. with could facebook survive without advertisements. amazon probably doesn't need advertisements to survive, it probably one of few major companies doesn't need them.

the government take advantage that they figure that backers eventually pull out of facebook, they went after facebook through censorship. the government more force the big brother act on facebook.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#13New Post! Aug 23, 2020 @ 23:26:39
@4d4m Said

Why would ole Mark listen to Schiff

The answer to this question is:

@DiscordTiger Said

mark isn’t listening to schiff.

this.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)