Site Support

Weird goings on

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#1New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 09:23:37

I have experienced weird goings on on the "Scientifc Mind" thread. Posts moving to the right, becoming difficult to read, some posts disappearing (then reappearing) others being duplicated, then disappearing. Very difficult to keep track!

Is there a problem somewhere?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 11:55:34

@dookie Said

I have experienced weird goings on on the "Scientifc Mind" thread. Posts moving to the right, becoming difficult to read, some posts disappearing (then reappearing) others being duplicated, then disappearing. Very difficult to keep track!

Is there a problem somewhere?

No .. must be you ....

J/K

The "Posts to the right" are a formatting problem usually when a post doesn't include the "close quote" format.

The duplicate and disappearing posts are probably just a replication timing thing with mirror sites. (guessing)

Or certain words will trigger a post to not display for those not logged in.
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#3New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 12:02:50

@mrmhead Said

No .. must be you ....

J/K

The "Posts to the right" are a formatting problem usually when a post doesn't include the "close quote" format.

The duplicate and disappearing posts are probably just a replication timing thing with mirror sites. (guessing)

Or certain words will trigger a post to not display for those not logged in.

Thanks.........oK it's me!

I did notice that when I use the back/delete button to eliminate parts of a quote and then wizz past the part I want to keep (I then eliminate ALL the post and then try again) it seems to create some confusion!
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#4New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 18:43:37

You should see some of the problems we've had on the Rainbow Network forums... and ohhhh, the hissy fits that follow.

Honestly... no kidding now..... There must have been blood on the keyboards with some posters when the discussion on when Pride was going to be resumed went totally wibble a few weeks ago.

And don't even go there on TERFs. Ouch.
Darkman666 On about 12 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#5New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 20:32:36

next time, a thread post starting going to the right side farther than it should. everybody on the forum jump on the the right side of the bad post, and put your muscles into and push really hard to push to left side of the post. when the post go back to normal, stop pushing.
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#6New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 20:39:40

@darkman666 Said

next time, a thread post starting going to the right side farther than it should. everybody on the forum jump on the the right side of the bad post, and put your muscles into and push really hard to push to left side of the post. when the post go back to normal, stop pushing.

At last, a real computer geek!

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Aug 14, 2020 @ 21:04:54

@dookie Said

At last, a real computer geek!

i been called a geek before, not a computer geek!

NE, Ohio
#8New Post! Aug 15, 2020 @ 01:01:40

@darkman666 Said

i been called a geek before, not a computer geek!

I've always been a bit confused between the terms Geek and Nerd....

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Aug 15, 2020 @ 01:42:32

@mrmhead Said

I've always been a bit confused between the terms Geek and Nerd....

i had the same problem, too.

the movie " the revenge of the nerds ". you said, both people is smart, that's count me out.

greek and nerds look like, one is smart than other. they are same intelligent, they are boring. if they lose virginity, is surprise to everyone. even them. appearances is the key , what they are different. i was both greek and a nerd, only a mother could love. of course, my mother never admit.

clothing - greek had those pencil holding clip for their shirt pockets. greeks look like their fathers in 50's, with in school, carrying briefcase to turn into superman, since there was no public telephone booth in school. i had a brown briefcase, i went to the boy's bathroom. to change " super jew ", they ran out of superboy costumes. i was faster than run snail, especially, the snail, a give a head start. jump over a tall dog doo doo on sidewalk.

nerds - a person in between cultures like a group b, and the group c. a person, who follows their own band. did ever tell you, once , my high school marching band ran over me, i was sitting in the bleaches at time. nerd is like a hippi, not as cool as cheek and chong, no pots. but a strange sucker.

no, i am not sure what the difference nerd and greek. most people, when i was a teenager, even my family called me, " weirdo ". they almost love me, it was a toss between my family dog and me.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#10New Post! Aug 15, 2020 @ 03:42:09

Ok I think I fixed it

When posts get stuck I just need to hit a button on the mod side. It’s called. “Rebuilding” the thread.

If I’m not on go ahead and report it. Those stand out on the page to me.

The moving to the right is just a simple edit, but if it’s been more than 15 minutes only a mod can do it.

School is about to start again. So I’ll either be here all the time, or never here depending on exactly what kind of horrible it is.
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#11New Post! Aug 15, 2020 @ 07:53:04

@darkman666 Said

greek and nerds look like, one is smart than other. they are same intelligent, they are boring. if they lose virginity, is surprise to everyone. even them. appearances is the key , what they are different. i was both greek and a nerd, only a mother could love. of course, my mother never admit.

NE, Ohio
#12New Post! Aug 19, 2020 @ 00:16:01

@DiscordTiger Said
So I’ll either be here all the time, or never here depending on exactly what kind of horrible it is.

Trumpspeak is contagious.

Am I right? Or mostly right
Could be.
It's possible I'm wrong, probably not ... usually not.

But I'm right

... right?

Either way DT is right!

NE, Ohio
#13New Post! Aug 19, 2020 @ 00:24:39

@darkman666 Said

I was a proud "Band Fag" (that was the chosen derogatory name for HS band members, nothing to do with sexuality or gender)

I think that bordered on either nerd or geek (high grades pushed me into one of those categories too)

And I was a Greek (in a house that was hardly "Greek" ) in college.

Yes there were weird goings on

(segue)

Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! Aug 19, 2020 @ 01:03:09

@mrmhead Said

I was a proud "Band Fag" (that was the chosen derogatory name for HS band members, nothing to do with sexuality or gender)

I think that bordered on either nerd or geek (high grades pushed me into one of those categories too)

And I was a Greek (in a house that was hardly "Greek" ) in college.

Yes there were weird goings on

(segue)

i was a nerd in high school. i like wear these leisure suits, instead, jeans for couple years. i brought at woolworth. a plastic cheap looking briefcase put my homework and a plastic pencil shirt sleeve holder. look like greek, but i was a nerd in heart.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#15New Post! Aug 19, 2020 @ 05:29:38

@mrmhead Said

Trumpspeak is contagious.

Am I right? Or mostly right
Could be.
It's possible I'm wrong, probably not ... usually not.

But I'm right

... right?

Either way DT is right!

Lol

I’m so f***ing tired. It’s been up at 7 and bed at 2 or 3 am every single day this month.

Worst back to school ever.

Some are taking bets if we’ll get open again before we get shut down.

Unc-Chappell Hill lasted a week. I think notre dame might shutdown soon.

It’s a tremendous trumpsterf*** of massive proportions.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs