The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

My money is on Kamala Harris for VP choice.

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#16New Post! Aug 11, 2020 @ 03:52:39
@DiscordTiger Said

You keep meantioning Duckworth, and yet I have to look her up every time. Why is she blending?

I don't think she is. I just like her.

Of course she is the one who coined the term "Cadet Bone Spurs".

But... as a starting point....

> Woman
> Mother
> Wife
> Woman of color
> Minority woman
> Disabled person
> Solder
> U.S. Marine
> BS, MS, PhD
> Military Family
> Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs... director if I am not mistaken
> Member or the U.S. H.R.
> U.S. Senator

> Decorated War Veteran
>> Purple Heart
>> Meritorious Service Medal
>> Air Medal ribbon
>> Army Commendation Medal
>> Combat Action Badge
>> Order of the Crown of Thailand

Etc

Has proved the women can do it all....

Honestly... what other politician has comparable experience?

The woman is a true intellectual real world served our country bad ass... it is doubtful that any other American politician has achieved what she has...

...and certainly not the pathetic slug that we call our president.
Don1945 On February 08, 2021

Fort Myers, Florida
#17New Post! Aug 11, 2020 @ 04:10:49
Duckworth is certainly someone to admire, after all that she has been through and she still keeps going full speed ahead. Most of us would fold if we faced half of the issues she has had to endure.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#18New Post! Aug 11, 2020 @ 08:47:05
@chaski Said

I don't think she is. I just like her.

Thinking of moving tree?
Darkman666 On April 23, 2024

Saint Louis, Missouri
#19New Post! Aug 11, 2020 @ 20:37:22
the winner is joe pick kamala harris for vice president.

now hopely, that blacks will vote this time, than 2016, 39% of blacks didn't vote.

Fort Myers, Florida
#20New Post! Aug 11, 2020 @ 20:42:16
As I thought, he did pick Harris, and it is a very wise move on his part. She is smart, tough, personable, and being a black woman will certainly gain him a lot of votes.

Trump had better not try too many attacks against her or it will galvanize not only women voters, but minority voters and others who are happy to finally see a female get a shot at the WH. Trump would be shooting himself in the foot if he messes with this lady.
dookie On December 16, 2023
Foolish Bombu

, United Kingdom
#21New Post! Aug 11, 2020 @ 20:50:57
BBC View

Saint Louis, Missouri
#22New Post! Aug 11, 2020 @ 21:05:12
@Don1945 Said

As I thought, he did pick Harris, and it is a very wise move on his part. She is smart, tough, personable, and being a black woman will certainly gain him a lot of votes.

Trump had better not try too many attacks against her or it will galvanize not only women voters, but minority voters and others who are happy to finally see a female get a shot at the WH. Trump would be shooting himself in the foot if he messes with this lady.

bozo will go after her and blacks now. if joe doesn't help blacks, when he elect like they want him to. harris keep her promises, not be like whitewash in " tom sawyer " in betray blacks. blacks will never forgive her. in 4 to 8 years, she won't be elect to president with the black vote.

joe have win both white and hispanic women than depending either black men and women vote, too. if they are voting at all, more big deal, with blm. because they might not for joe. up in there, if blacks trust harris, not think of her as an white tolkien.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#23New Post! Aug 11, 2020 @ 22:36:18
Wait ... she's colored?

Trump has more color on his face than Kamala ... even if his is painted-on Orange-Face.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#24New Post! Aug 12, 2020 @ 00:42:50
@mrmhead Said

Wait ... she's colored?

Trump has more color on his face than Kamala ... even if his is painted-on Orange-Face.

Seriously?

Not trying to be annoying, just her race and not being “American” enough is usually part of the attacks on her. Even in the low key, oh it’s just identity politics that got her a job, or school entry... because obviously a black/Indian woman wouldn’t otherwise be able to.

If you really don’t know that’s fine, I just don’t always know when you being funny or serious, and I know there are somethings you didn’t realize has a “history”. Seriously though it’s a damn shame so much stuff in our culture and language has a “history”

NE, Ohio
#25New Post! Aug 12, 2020 @ 02:30:43
@DiscordTiger Said

Seriously?

Not trying to be annoying, just her race and not being “American” enough is usually part of the attacks on her. Even in the low key, oh it’s just identity politics that got her a job, or school entry... because obviously a black/Indian woman wouldn’t otherwise be able to.

If you really don’t know that’s fine, I just don’t always know when you being funny or serious, and I know there are somethings you didn’t realize has a “history”. Seriously though it’s a damn shame so much stuff in our culture and language has a “history”

Yes, by now, I know she is colored. But seriously, the first few times I ran across her name / identity, I didn't know ... it didn't matter.

And even now, there is such a wide range of "colors" (seriously, not to be rude) I'm never sure, and again, it doesn't matter. Sometimes an accent or dialect may hint at early upbringings, but I'm no study of languages...

But, yes, I am totally serious that Orange-Face would stand out more in a crowd.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#26New Post! Aug 12, 2020 @ 02:43:31
@mrmhead Said

Yes, by now, I know she is colored. But seriously, the first few times I ran across her name / identity, I didn't know ... it didn't matter.

And even now, there is such a wide range of "colors" (seriously, not to be rude) I'm never sure, and again, it doesn't matter. Sometimes an accent or dialect may hint at early upbringings, but I'm no study of languages...

But, yes, I am totally serious that Orange-Face would stand out more in a crowd.

Yep. She very light skinned. And she could pass if she tried.

I agree for the most part it doesn’t matter.

Until the low key racism starts coming out.

There’s probably going to be a lot of misogynistic comments. That’s expected too. That’s pretty normalized for politics.

NE, Ohio
#27New Post! Aug 12, 2020 @ 02:53:18
Well they say women shouldn't be the president
'Cause we go crazy from time to time
Well push my button baby here I come
Yeah look out baby I'm at high tide

Saint Louis, Missouri
#28New Post! Aug 12, 2020 @ 03:03:44
i first time, i saw a picture of karmala, i thought she was asian. because of light skin. look at her again, she might be eskimo. i was little surprise she was black. her light skin and way of she looks in photo, she be white.

Fort Myers, Florida
#29New Post! Aug 12, 2020 @ 13:49:51
I think we have all known or seen African Americans who have various skin tones, some lighter than others and some darker than others. I worked with a young lady who was black but you would never know it unless you knew.

Harris, since she has AA and Asian parents has a lighter appearance than maybe someone who has both parents of AA ancestry.

NE, Ohio
#30New Post! Aug 12, 2020 @ 14:00:43
@Don1945 Said

I think we have all known or seen African Americans who have various skin tones, some lighter than others and some darker than others. I worked with a young lady who was black but you would never know it unless you knew.

Harris, since she has AA and Asian parents has a lighter appearance than maybe someone who has both parents of AA ancestry.

Also need to be careful of the term "African Americans".
I forget the exact context, but someone was referred to as an African American and he corrected us that the was from the Caribbean Islands and "Not all black people are African"
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs