AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12 13
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#166New Post! Jun 17, 2020 @ 12:12:20
@chaski Said

No it does not.

Did you even bother to read this?

The operative phrase was "The database described in subsection (a) of this section shall include a mechanism to track, as permissible......

This EO is complete and meaningless bulls***... written to dupe the gullible.

Honestly @4d4m are you really this stupid?

And right before that section "accounting for applicable privacy and due process rights"

Yes - I agree that privacy laws should be respected, which is why I have doubts this will get off the ground.

It's not going to be like a National Sex Offender database - and there are even issues with that.
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#167New Post! Jun 17, 2020 @ 15:58:51
It will be interesting to see how this plays out and what affect if any it has on police brutality. Thus far nothing has seemed to work. There have been even more incidences during the demonstrations. There will be the inevitable Supreme Court case to challenge the whole thing.

Who knows, if police continue to act like this we might even end up with a federal police force like the Ordnungspolizei. Wouldn't that be special.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#168New Post! Jun 17, 2020 @ 16:10:08
@4d4m Said

It will be interesting to see how this plays out and what affect if any it has on police brutality. Thus far nothing has seemed to work. There have been even more incidences during the demonstrations. There will be the inevitable Supreme Court case to challenge the whole thing.

Who knows, if police continue to act like this we might even end up with a federal police force like the Ordnungspolizei. Wouldn't that be special.

Some would argue that "we" have already taken the 1st steps towards a federal police force by essentially demanding that local & state law enforcement focus on illegal immigrants.

The mission to address illegal immigrations is a federal one being addressed by federal agencies (ICE... and others)... but "we" want city police departments to supplement immigration enforcement... and "we" want to send the National Guard (i.e. military) to support immigration enforcement. Some even want active duty armed forces doing the same.

If a city doesn't want its police to pursue immigration enforcement, they are labeled a "sanctuary city" and face the possibility of losing some of all federal assistance....

etc...

>>> the first steps to a federal police force have been taken... how far it will go is the question... <<<

4dforum.org,
#169New Post! Jun 17, 2020 @ 16:17:59
In this story from CNBC , Nightline interviews Scott Johnson, the Camden City Police Chief who took over after the city disbanded their old police force. He provides some interesting perspective on policing in America.

NE, Ohio
#170New Post! Jun 17, 2020 @ 18:15:27
@chaski Said

Some would argue that "we" have already taken the 1st steps towards a federal police force by essentially demanding that local & state law enforcement focus on illegal immigrants.

The mission to address illegal immigrations is a federal one being addressed by federal agencies (ICE... and others)... but "we" want city police departments to supplement immigration enforcement... and "we" want to send the National Guard (i.e. military) to support immigration enforcement. Some even want active duty armed forces doing the same.

If a city doesn't want its police to pursue immigration enforcement, they are labeled a "sanctuary city" and face the possibility of losing some of all federal assistance....

etc...

>>> the first steps to a federal police force have been taken... how far it will go is the question... <<<

Interesting that you bring that up (forgot about it)
This is exactly what "Defund the Police" is about.
They shouldn't be responding to things such as immigration, domestic disputes, homelessness "street cleaning", cats stuck in trees.

But it will also take a culture change of the people. For how long has the threat "I'll call the Police!" been hurled for almost any dispute.

4dforum.org,
#171New Post! Jun 18, 2020 @ 02:51:29
@chaski Said

etc...

These are good points. The threats against sanctuary cities has originated with the current administration. With any luck that will be over soon. The current administration also seems bent on pulling protection from online platforms for what their users post. Taking a swing at freedom of speech I guess. None of this was a problem before 2016.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#172New Post! Jun 18, 2020 @ 05:00:08
@4d4m Said

These are good points. The threats against sanctuary cities has originated with the current administration. With any luck that will be over soon. The current administration also seems bent on pulling protection from online platforms for what their users post. Taking a swing at freedom of speech I guess. None of this was a problem before 2016.

Every now and then I get it right... or mostly right... or sort of right... or theoretically right... or... wrong... I get it wrong also.

NE, Ohio
#173New Post! Jun 18, 2020 @ 17:18:51
A “higher than usual” number of Atlanta police officers called out of work Wednesday night after two officers were charged in the death of Rayshard Brooks, a Black man who was killed by police last week.

“The department is experiencing a higher than usual number of call outs with the incoming shift,” the police department tweeted Wednesday night.

Maybe they should send over EMTs to kick them while they're down and stand on their shoulders, you know, as first-aid.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#174New Post! Jun 19, 2020 @ 02:28:06
@mrmhead Said

A “higher than usual” number of Atlanta police officers called out of work Wednesday night after two officers were charged in the death of Rayshard Brooks, a Black man who was killed by police last week.

“The department is experiencing a higher than usual number of call outs with the incoming shift,” the police department tweeted Wednesday night.

Maybe they should send over EMTs to kick them while they're down and stand on their shoulders, you know, as first-aid.

And there were emails and a screenshots ones that did go into work, that they were only going to respond to officer down.

Warnings were going out in a few “preppier” and former LEO type communities for those citizens in Atlanta to “be prepared”.

My day job gets me in a lot of rooms, that I’m like wtf?

4dforum.org,
#175New Post! Jun 22, 2020 @ 04:58:55
If the crime rate doesn't increase during their absence perhaps the city should consider letting them go. It would be obvious the current number of officers wasn't necessary.
rosexthorn On July 30, 2022

Winnipeg, Canada
#176New Post! Jul 03, 2020 @ 17:35:12
My honest opinion and 'no' I am not racist is that this situation was totally about 'police brutality' which in turn was transformed into a 'racist' act. I still stand by the fact that this whole issue is about 'police brutality' period not a racial issue. Yes! racism exists and is a real problem. I don't deny that one bit but this was completely about corrupt police which has to be weeded out and that will not be easy because it's all about 'power trips' and not all officers go on them.

Police brutality has been going on way before cell phone and video equipment were available the only difference being is that the brutality can swiftly be distorted and sent to social media-based information only the people that videotape it supply the public with. We don't get the before, immediate, audio, and complete info.
Police brutality has thrived quite well since there have been cops! My opinion and sticking to it. I've seen it in action but didn't have a cell phone to record, tape, or take a picture of it.

Never will we see in our lifetime a squeaky clean police department. Too many individual beliefs and actions until they are exposed and that will never, ever be done, Why? Because they are the boys in blue with a license to carry guns as I was told by officers and those that don't back them up are ostracized in the police force. Good luck changing the way a cop feels.
dihctatr On November 06, 2020

Upland, California
#177New Post! Jul 04, 2020 @ 04:44:48
killer of george floyd was his own fear of being checked ,found cohorting with mayor in robbery\

?think polees didnot know thst\
county attorney determined no evidence that officer caused floyd's death\
chavin sent to new happy duties\

antifa have zero rights\polees rule\courts abandoned,cityhall power grabbed by mulitary\
dihctatr On November 06, 2020

Upland, California
#178New Post! Jul 08, 2020 @ 05:18:07
hoax
george floyd died years ago\
no police vid of the arrest to be found\
trump dead\
no vid statement from trump on all these riots=los angeles,CHOP,ny CHAZ,stone mountain\

wow you refuse to approve punishment for looters...\get visit from mib

4dforum.org,
#179New Post! Jul 20, 2020 @ 04:52:09
Portland Oregon has been invaded by Federal Agents who have been arresting people and that sort of thing. People are getting annoyed as is the Mayor who wants them to go home. This story from the BBC tells the tale.

That the protests are still going on in Portland is a bit odd. It is a fairly liberal city. I'm unaware of any recent acts of police brutality or racial profiling in Portland. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I know Portlanders love a good protest and usually have people handing out beverages and snacks during. I saw a site listing places where protesters could use the bathroom if caught too far from home. With the COVID thing going on less people have to work so it's possible they just don't have anything better to do.

The intervention of Federal Agents is way more weird however. Here's a related blog post
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#180New Post! Jul 21, 2020 @ 01:24:42
@4d4m Said

Portland Oregon has been invaded by Federal Agents who have been arresting people and that sort of thing. People are getting annoyed as is the Mayor who wants them to go home. This story from the BBC tells the tale.

That the protests are still going on in Portland is a bit odd. It is a fairly liberal city. I'm unaware of any recent acts of police brutality or racial profiling in Portland. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I know Portlanders love a good protest and usually have people handing out beverages and snacks during. I saw a site listing places where protesters could use the bathroom if caught too far from home. With the COVID thing going on less people have to work so it's possible they just don't have anything better to do.

The intervention of Federal Agents is way more weird however. Here's a related blog post

Rock the storm troopers my brother... rock the storm troopers...

This country has lost its s***.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...10 11 12 13

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs