Wisconsin
United States
PLS: ? 44.03

ProfileJournalFriendsPostsPics

snowduck's journal
TFS Journal
Misconceptions
May 28, 2020 @ 04:08:06 pm
I did this subject years ago and I think it's important because some misconceptions about Christianity can be dangerous because they mislead people so I'm doing it again. Misconceptions that aren't in the Bible can creep in or they can openly break in and deceive. Following are just a few misconceptions that many people have: 1. Enough good deeds will get us to Heaven. While we are told to do good deeds, they won't get us to Heaven. If this were true there wouldn't be a need for Christ. Ephesians 2:5 - You are saved by grace! 2. Christians never have problems and everything for them is smooth sailing. Matthew 6:34 - Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
3. The devil has horns and a tail (sometimes the tail has a spear point in drawings) and he is in charge of Hell and said "better to reign in Hell than to serve in Heaven". None of this is in the Bible, and he's not in Hell yet. Revelation 12:9 -The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him. 4. God will be pleased if I don't celebrate holidays like Christmas and Easter. Romans 14:5 - One person considers one day more sacred than another; another considers every day alike. Each of them should be fully convinced in their own mind. These and all misconceptions should be avoided because they can lead us away from the truth about our Savior Jesus Christ. whataboutjesus.com

Quote | Reply

Quote | Reply