The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

God created evil for his pleasure. Do you recognize the pleasure of creating and doing evil?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#46New Post! May 02, 2020 @ 17:00:19
I liked it better when we were postulating (thinking) about what the passages could possibly mean.
chaski On about 8 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#47New Post! May 02, 2020 @ 17:21:08
@4d4m Said

....what the passages could possibly mean.

Isn't that obvious?

Don't judge people for their behavior, when "you" have done the same thing.
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#48New Post! May 03, 2020 @ 06:23:42
I'm not judging.

So basically the text says no one was in the Temple except for Jesus and the woman. Actually it says he saw no one except the woman. He asks her who's left and she says "no man." That's a more significant answer than the bastardization in the new improved version.

Jesus is then addressed by the Pharisee. He then has a conversation with the him and the scribes. But "no man" is there. So who is Jesus talking to? He's talking to the Pharisee and the scribes.

So either the Pharisee and the scribes are there physically and according to the woman they are not men. Also she can see them but Jesus cannot.

Or they are not there physically and are not men, meaning they are out of their bodies and Jesus is talking to their astral projections.

Further, why rewrite it and whom would want it rewritten?
chaski On about 8 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#49New Post! May 03, 2020 @ 15:27:34
You seem very confused by this chapter in the Bible. It is very straightforward. Maybe you should read it slowly and pay attention.

@4d4m Said

So basically the text says no one was in the Temple except for Jesus and the woman.

No it does not. You aren't paying attention to the whole story.

@4d4m Said

Jesus is then addressed by the Pharisee.

Who were in the Temple.

@4d4m Said

So either the Pharisee and the scribes are there physically

Correct. Based on the words in the story they are there physically in the Temple.

@4d4m Said

according to the woman they are not men.

Incorrect. The woman never says that her accusers are not men.

@4d4m Said

Also she can see them but Jesus cannot.

Incorrect. Jesus saw them and talked to them. Then the accusers all left. The woman didn't leave. The Pharisees didn't leave the temple. Other people in the temple didn't leave the temple. The only people to leave were the woman's accusers.

@4d4m Said

Or they are not there physically and are not men, meaning they are out of their bodies and Jesus is talking to their astral projections.

That is idiotic and not supported by anything in the story. You are not paying attention to the story.

@4d4m Said

why rewrite it and whom would want it rewritten?

Why rewrite what?

Are you asking what anyone would rewrite the bible?
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#50New Post! May 10, 2020 @ 00:48:46
@chaski Said

There seems to be a bit of dispute whether this word means “awesome” or “awe-inspiring” or if it means "terrible" or "awful".

Meh. I think it means we're in Hell.
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#51New Post! May 11, 2020 @ 17:59:57
@Electric_Banana Said

Meh. I think it means we're in Hell.

There are so many contradictions in scriptures that I think they were dedigned to have us decide if we are in hell or in heaven.

The same scriptures tell us that most will see hell and the few enlightened ones will see heaven here and now.

Science agree with this being the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#52New Post! May 13, 2020 @ 12:53:59
@GreatestIam2 Said

There are so many contradictions in scriptures that I think they were dedigned to have us decide if we are in hell or in heaven.

The same scriptures tell us that most will see hell and the few enlightened ones will see heaven here and now.

Science agree with this being the best of all possible worlds, because it is the only possible world, given entropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards
DL

I would say that it's not Heaven if even only one person is still suffering; that would be to say that in heaven some people are still expendable and I wouldn't associate that view point from the ultimate wisdom in Eternity.

As for Science offering that Earth is the best there can be, sadly I think that is the case and 'God' should just give up.
I don't believe that even the highest wisdom in eternity could make something like this work so hasn't bothered to try and our current situation is the bi-product of a much lesser entity.
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#53New Post! May 13, 2020 @ 18:12:48
@Electric_Banana Said

I would say that it's not Heaven if even only one person is still suffering; that would be to say that in heaven some people are still expendable and I wouldn't associate that view point from the ultimate wisdom in Eternity.

As for Science offering that Earth is the best there can be, sadly I think that is the case and 'God' should just give up.
I don't believe that even the highest wisdom in eternity could make something like this work so hasn't bothered to try and our current situation is the bi-product of a much lesser entity.

The is demiurge talk and we Gnostic Christians beat you to it be 2,000 years.

God has given up and has left it to man, who was always better than the gods we invented.

Regards
DL
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs