The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

People want to be their own gods. Is that good or evil?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#31New Post! Apr 01, 2020 @ 20:54:01
@Cpat92 Said

There is no judgment coming from my end.

---- doesn't give you the right to judge anyone.

Is a judgement call.

Regards
DL
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#32New Post! Apr 01, 2020 @ 21:01:14
@teapottraveler Said

Hi, I'm new here and thought this was interesting.

Not sure how the quote function works yet but in your op, the scripture you quoted Gen 3:5 was regarding the story of Eve being tempted in garden by the serpent.

In this story, I interpreted it as an illustration of outside influence and suggestion... not that Eve had a natural desire or inclination to be like God or "a God". My mind associates this scenario to the way a narcissist/sociopath influences or manipulates a persons perception to gain control over their actions. The serpent put something in Eve's ear and she went for it. Turns out it was a lie because she ate the fruit and we still don't know squat.

In my experience, it isn't so much that most people desire to "be" god but more so they want the answer to existential questions. Is wanting/having the answers only reserved for God? I personally don't think so. But I do find it interesting how religions liken the two together and use biblical text to persuade people against even asking questions.

**thanks for the alan watts, I had not heard of him

Kinda like the Serpent was 'Talking s***' about God?

Outside criticism IS a massive problem: look what the media has done to everyone but, in the end, the strongest of spirits shouldn't be persuaded by propaganda; only their intuition teamed with earned knowledge by investigating themselves.

The Churches will often request you investigate yourself; hoping you will be one of only few to be open-minded enough to hear what is being demonstrated and not what you want to hear - to be one of the few who realize the rest have all been rused into worshipping Satan as part of a human psychological experiment testing methods Hitler used to build his army.

I mean does the bad guy KNOW he's the baddie? Was Hitler like Skeletor cackling and waving staff calling for all things dark and nasty? To hear Hitler speak you would think that he saw himself as the defending protagonist.

And not entirely everything that Hitler said was wrong or stupid
This goes the same for the Bible.

Ottawa, Canada
#33New Post! Apr 03, 2020 @ 19:13:08
@Electric_Banana Said

And not entirely everything that Hitler said was wrong or stupid
This goes the same for the Bible.

Yet Christians end in adoring the genocidal one.

Nice that the Germans learned their lesson, now if only the immoral Christians would as well.

Regards
DL

, New Zealand
#34New Post! Apr 04, 2020 @ 04:05:48
@GreatestIam2 Said

Yet Christians end in adoring the genocidal one.

Nice that the Germans learned their lesson, now if only the immoral Christians would as well.

Regards
DL

The cultists don't consider themselves the baddies either.

Most people are too lazy to stop and exercise critical thinking

They would rather be told than to think.

I blame this on the draconian parenting most people have endured for the past few centuries where-in development is arrested in such a way that kids can not learn how to naturally overcome and mature past matters of desire and emotion.

They are spoon-fed short-sighted or obsolete idealism by caregivers whom were also denied natural self-development.

Learning how to build their psyche and sanity often is not left for them to try themselves until they are out of the home but even then still partially restricted by employment.

This results in thirty-year old adolescents making irresponsible decisions and requiring authority, outside of their best judgments, to direct them because they do not know how to begin discerning intuition from imagination and educated memory let alone trust that better common sense and instinct.

Ottawa, Canada
#35New Post! Apr 08, 2020 @ 14:43:12
@Electric_Banana Said

The cultists don't consider themselves the baddies either.

Most people are too lazy to stop and exercise critical thinking

They would rather be told than to think.

I blame this on the draconian parenting most people have endured for the past few centuries where-in development is arrested in such a way that kids can not learn how to naturally overcome and mature past matters of desire and emotion.

They are spoon-fed short-sighted or obsolete idealism by caregivers whom were also denied natural self-development.

Learning how to build their psyche and sanity often is not left for them to try themselves until they are out of the home but even then still partially restricted by employment.

This results in thirty-year old adolescents making irresponsible decisions and requiring authority, outside of their best judgments, to direct them because they do not know how to begin discerning intuition from imagination and educated memory let alone trust that better common sense and instinct.

U C 20/20 on this.

They are putting their tribal needs before their moral sense.

We saw the same thing in the political realm when so many Republicans were publicly holding their noses while voting for trump.

They have no shame and sold their souls to Satan. So to speak, given that there are no supernatural entities that have proven their existence.

Regards
DL

, New Zealand
#36New Post! Apr 11, 2020 @ 21:52:57
@GreatestIam2 Said

U C 20/20 on this.

My parents were very lenient with me but society was still suppressive enough to the point where I did find myself in my thirties awaiting instructions from those outside of me presumed or designated to know better.
It wasn't until I tackled, challenged and overcame something most could not or will even be introduced to that I learned to respect and appreciate my own intuition above all.

@GreatestIam2 Said

They have no shame and sold their souls to Satan. So to speak, given that there are no supernatural entities that have proven their existence.

Yes, the road to Hell and all...
Many whom I've met during my life could be depicted like a 17th century African slave tattling out their fellow prisoner to their master for failing to uphold a strong work ethic.

Ottawa, Canada
#37New Post! Apr 16, 2020 @ 19:28:08
Field slaves wanting to be house slaves.

Regards
DL
Darkman666 On about 9 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#38New Post! Apr 16, 2020 @ 20:52:40
@GreatestIam2 Said

Field slaves wanting to be house slaves.

Regards
DL

i was thinking the concept of " the planet of the apes " with their slaves. the apes took out the part of the brain to mankind was literally nothing to them more than pets.

i never thought by about it until now, the author of the book expressed his own feelings about prejudice by using animals than humans to come across the prejudice in the america back then.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs