Forums: Art & Literature:
Architecture

Home and land design software

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#1New Post! Feb 15, 2020 @ 15:51:48
I bought Punch interior Design last year. I quickly got to know it and soon upgraded to Premium. I was wanting a tool to help me visualise the action scenes inside various kinds of homes for my scripts and novels and Punch software offered me all the tools I was looking for. I have greatly improved my spacial and interior planning, boot to mention how I orientate people in different kinds of rooms.

Who else here is familiar with this kind of program? It would be interesting to know.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#2New Post! Feb 15, 2020 @ 16:44:35
We use feminine good taste to decorate our abode.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! Feb 15, 2020 @ 17:04:18
@Conflict Said

I bought Punch interior Design last year. I quickly got to know it and soon upgraded to Premium. I was wanting a tool to help me visualise the action scenes inside various kinds of homes for my scripts and novels and Punch software offered me all the tools I was looking for. I have greatly improved my spacial and interior planning, boot to mention how I orientate people in different kinds of rooms.

Who else here is familiar with this kind of program? It would be interesting to know.

That's a great use for it - to visualize your stories!

About 30 years ago I was a CAD operator (Autocad) at a kitchen supply company that also did design work.
This was when 3D was just getting in reach of consumers and small businesses.

And even then, it was wireframe, and later rendered.
Conflict On April 03, 2024

Alcalá de Henares, Spain
#4New Post! Feb 21, 2020 @ 16:08:17
@mrmhead Said

That's a great use for it - to visualize your stories!

About 30 years ago I was a CAD operator (Autocad) at a kitchen supply company that also did design work.
This was when 3D was just getting in reach of consumers and small businesses.

And even then, it was wireframe, and later rendered.

Punch produces what appears to be cheap software, but really, the content is more important than the image and that appealed to me more than the other architecture programs out there. Chief Architect produces affordable and interesting software too, which for DIY is actually better than Punch in terms of sophisticated design, though it is harder to use. For beginners like me, I feel Punch is better suited.

What CAD program did you use?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Feb 21, 2020 @ 18:40:01
@Conflict Said

Punch produces what appears to be cheap software, but really, the content is more important than the image and that appealed to me more than the other architecture programs out there. Chief Architect produces affordable and interesting software too, which for DIY is actually better than Punch in terms of sophisticated design, though it is harder to use. For beginners like me, I feel Punch is better suited.

What CAD program did you use?

AutoCAD by AutoDesk

It's certainly a business product with a business price tag ... at least back then.
Vendors have templates of their products to insert into the plans. We could show a kitchen floor plan or front or side elevations.
We got into dinning room design too - laying out tables, chairs, waitstations, etc...

We used a digital tablet and "puck" for drawing, not a mouse.
Windows wasn't even around in my early days.

I was all messed up when I changed from CAD and a digitizer to Windows ops and a mouse.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs