The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

Shootings & Suicides encouraged by Social Media?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#16New Post! Jan 02, 2020 @ 05:49:44
I do. We haven't but there is a lot a talk of it. It fits in my weird list. The newest thing is the red flag confiscation law. I'm not sure how to feel about it as the only person they've used it on to my knowledge was a white supremacist militia member. Of course they said David Koresh was a white supremacist and that wasn't true.

4dforum.org,
#17New Post! Jan 02, 2020 @ 06:08:29
It's interesting you should mention nationality. Mexico has very strict gun control. If your vehicle is searched at the border and you have as much as a free round floating around in your vehicle, they will impound it and you. Everyone knows about the troubles with the cartels. In particular Los Zetas. The common citizens are completely unable to defend themselves which makes towns easy pickings for them. The cartel members outnumber the police who end up serving or at least staying out of their way.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#18New Post! Jan 02, 2020 @ 06:34:30
@4d4m Said

We haven't but there is a lot a talk of it.

Yes... during the entire 8 years of Obama's presidency people were claiming that Obama was going to take our guns.

Guess what >>>> it never happened.

If you think rationally, read our Constitution and pay attention to politics in the USA, it quickly becomes obvious that any attempt to establish nationwide gun registration isn't going to happen.

Actually taking "our" guns isn't just something that will never pass legislation, it would be logistically impossible... there aren't enough people in the government to do it.

The entire thing during the Obama years was driven by two things:
1. Dupe the gullible and willfully ignorant into hating Democrats and so called "liberals"
2. Help the firearms industry in the USA, and there by also help the NRA.

Both worked brilliantly... gun & ammunition sales and NRA membership where never higher... and the gullible and willfully ignorant took the bait, hook, line and sinker.

4dforum.org,
#19New Post! Jan 02, 2020 @ 06:54:26
That's a good point. Gun sales are directly proportionate to gun control rhetoric. I should probably buy some stock if the next president is going to be a democrat. The thing I wonder is the education the younger generations are getting. How will they vote when they get older?
I find myself agreeing with the Democrats more often than with the Republicans. Gun control not one of those things I agree with. That's why I don't register with either party. I'm more of a centrist.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#20New Post! Jan 02, 2020 @ 16:08:07
@4d4m Said

The thing I wonder is the education the younger generations are getting. How will they vote when they get older?

"We" elected a draft dodging narcissistic idiot with the emotional stability of a four year old suped up on a Mountain Dew & sugar high, who waivers between extremely unrealistic braggadocio and crybaby tantrums....

and you're worried about the next generation of voters...

They can't possibly do worse than "we" have.

4dforum.org,
#21New Post! Jan 02, 2020 @ 17:00:13
I was thinking more of the gun control issue. It seems to me rural people tend to vote against it and urban people tend to vote for it. As far as that guy goes, he lost by 3 million votes.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#22New Post! Jan 02, 2020 @ 17:11:49
@4d4m Said

I was thinking more of the gun control issue.

I got that.

"Gun control" is, ultimately, a none issue.

Besides, it is a nebulous term that is used by the right to instill panic in the minds of the gullible, and used by the left as a false rallying cry.

On the other hand, if I want to cut your hair in a beautify parlor I have to get training and a certificate... if I want to drive a car I have to get training and a license...etc...

But the only real requirement to own a gun is nothing: no training, no skill, no license, no certificate, nothing.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#23New Post! Jan 02, 2020 @ 21:49:54
@4d4m Said

I was thinking more of the gun control issue. It seems to me rural people tend to vote against it and urban people tend to vote for it. As far as that guy goes, he lost by 3 million votes.

I think part of that plays into the rhetoric that "Gun Control" = "Take Your Guns Away", and those that want to believe that.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#24New Post! Jan 03, 2020 @ 15:55:45
@chaski Said

I got that.

"Gun control" is, ultimately, a none issue.

Besides, it is a nebulous term that is used by the right to instill panic in the minds of the gullible, and used by the left as a false rallying cry.

On the other hand, if I want to cut your hair in a beautify parlor I have to get training and a certificate... if I want to drive a car I have to get training and a license...etc...

But the only real requirement to own a gun is nothing: no training, no skill, no license, no certificate, nothing.

@mrmhead Said

I think part of that plays into the rhetoric that "Gun Control" = "Take Your Guns Away", and those that want to believe that.

Here in NZ they had a buy back plan to purchase all non-practical (farming/hunting) guns from gun owners

After one year they 'accidentally' released the names and addresses of all those registered with non-practical firearms (who decided to hang on to their firearms) to the public. "Oh dearies my! We are terribly sorry about that but perhaps you should get those guns back to us before your homes get raided by local mobs desiring your arsenal!"
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs