AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#1New Post! Dec 12, 2019 @ 01:10:11
NY Times

What do you think of it?

I'm not so sure I agree.

From a legal POV doesn't "discrimination" and "hate crimes" include in the definition "race, sex, religion, nationality" ...etc?

It may expand the definition of antisemitism, but in doing so is it not also shrinking the definition of freedom of speech?

If you define Judaism, why not Christianity (oh hey .. weren't the first ones from Israel too??)
Buddhists ... or Any religion?
Where do you stop?

.. maybe this belonged in "Religion"

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Dec 12, 2019 @ 02:21:34
OK - I just found this:
Muslim, Hindu and Sikh students are also protected from discrimination under Title VI based on their shared ancestry or ethnic characteristics.

So I guess it is just clarifying that Jews can/should be added to the list.

But I still don't think speaking against Israel should be a crime.
Darkman666 On about 5 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Dec 12, 2019 @ 02:33:11
sound like bozo is sucking up to jews, or something. definitely, suck up !
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#4New Post! Dec 12, 2019 @ 04:07:30
It’s tough because it’s one thing to question the actions and decisions of the nation of Israel, and another to make assumptions because the country is run by a bunch of Jews.

A lot of anti Semitic stuff is very hard to identify on what is an out right aggression and a micro aggression because so many microagressions are culturally prominent and part of dominant Christianity.

Most Discrimination (especially systematic)has to do with power, majority and minority. In my opinion it really doesn’t go in both directions. Not saying someone in power and dominant positions can individually be treated s***ty it’s just a different thing than what discrimination laws are trying to rectify.

I’ve seen a lot of anti semetic rhetoric here at TFS over the years that I didn’t even realize was an issue when it occurred. I wish we could of caught it sooner, mostly because it ended up being the first warning signs to bigger problems.
Hindsight being 20/20. It’s one of the catch 22 with laws like this. Where do you draw the line of how much bulls*** is enough or too much.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#5New Post! Dec 12, 2019 @ 04:18:58
So the USA will acknowledge all people of the Jewish religion to have dual citizenship.

In the case of the USA they will be citizens of the USA AND citizens of Judaism.

Then some Muslim or Hindu or Buddhist or Christian or Satanic Worshiper is going to try to declare themself to have duel citizenship...

Then the supreme court battles begin.

Ridiculous...

Saint Louis, Missouri
#6New Post! Dec 12, 2019 @ 05:11:29
last three years, where my parents and my grandparents and the other members of my family not immediately family are burned in a jewish cemetery for 50 years. this years and about two years, they been struck vandalism. in sense, people pushing over tombstones. it is not pretty sight. police caught the police, at least, most of them.

I can understand if think jews are rich, like lawyers and doctors, and snobs. I being a jew, that it seem that I programmed to be rich and have power. i am not rich, or any type of rich set snobing jews. i do believe in tradition ways of Judaism like " fiddler on the roof " ways in the movie.

isreal - i never or i have separate myself from the place, not hate or anything. it never really part of my life, i am American. i am part of Russian and Romanian. being a jewish - it complete different, more religion statement actually being a jewish. i never really think Judaism that much of much deal, that ethnic label or something put fill out a form.

it funny, i been called a lot of names that could hurt, if i care. being call a jew or something in nasty way being a jew. i never call by it. if i was call something. i don't think it would faze me at all.
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#7New Post! Dec 12, 2019 @ 05:20:59
What I find odd in our society is the antisemitism apparent on both sides of the political aisle. The right wing version of antisemitism is aligned with the myth they rule the world as a secret organization of some kind. The left wing version has to do with the troubles between the Palestinian Territories and Israel. It is also misled. The Palestinian cause is championed by Muslims because of religious intolerance. Daily rocket attacks from the Gaza strip aimed at civilian populations in Israel and financed by Iran are the norm. When Israel retaliates they become the criminals. I find our populaces reaction to this extremely odd.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#8New Post! Dec 12, 2019 @ 05:24:05
@4d4m Said

What I find odd in our society is the antisemitism apparent on both sides of the political aisle. The right wing version of antisemitism is aligned with the myth they rule the world as a secret organization of some kind. The left wing version has to do with the troubles between the Palestinian Territories and Israel. It is also misled. The Palestinian cause is championed by Muslims because of religious intolerance. Daily rocket attacks from the Gaza strip aimed at civilian populations in Israel and financed by Iran are the norm. When Israel retaliates they become the criminals. I find our populaces reaction to this extremely odd.

This is myth.

There are quite a few Jews who are "left wing".

The only true hate of Jews in the USA comes from the right.

Are there some liberals who are pissed at Israel? Yes. Do these liberals hate Jews? No.
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#9New Post! Dec 12, 2019 @ 05:35:55
You are correct about that. The reason it comes to mind is a Jewish friend of mine was criticizing Israel's handling of the Palestinian crisis. He is a liberal. But it is a criticism of the State of Israel. There are elements within Israeli society that are also critical of their governments approach. This is healthy in any society. What people don't see is the way this has been sustained. When put to a vote the Palestinian people voted to support the Palestinian Authority. Hamas immediately launched attacks in both territories. They were defeated in the West Bank (barely) and won in the Gaza Strip. Hamas' raison d'etre is the destruction of Israel. Every time a peace negotiation is about to be signed, some "unknown" element in the Gaza shoots missiles at Israel effectively sabotaging it. The truth is, if there ever were peace with Israel Hamas would have no reason to exist. Hamas rules over their piece of the world. They aren't starving ,the people they "represent" are.

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! Dec 12, 2019 @ 12:50:25
@chaski Said

So the USA will acknowledge all people of the Jewish religion to have dual citizenship.

Dual citizenship?

I hadn't picked that up. .. unless you forgot the <sarc> tag

NE, Ohio
#11New Post! Dec 12, 2019 @ 12:57:22
I don't agree with some of the things Israel is doing, but that doesn't mean I'm antisemitic.

I don't agree with some of the things Saudi Arabia does, but that doesn't mean I'm anti-Muslim.

I think that's where the extremists of any cause go off the deep end.
You can disagree with actions, but that doesn't mean you have to hate the whole.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#12New Post! Dec 12, 2019 @ 16:14:18
@mrmhead Said

Dual citizenship?

I hadn't picked that up. .. unless you forgot the <sarc> tag

Well the people of Israel are already citizens of Israel AND the people of the USA (or any other country) who are Jewish can easily become (have a legal right in Israel to become) citizens of Israel AND Israel is already recognized as a country.

However, there are Israelis who are not Jews... some are christian, some are muslim, etc...

On the other hand Judaism is a religion not a location... not a country.

So maybe "dual citizenship" is the wrong word... a person in the USA could be a citizen of the USA and a citizen of Judaism... but a that person could also be a citizen of Israel.... and maybe even a citizen of some other country as well....

Maybe "multiple citizenship" is more accurate.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#13New Post! Dec 12, 2019 @ 16:17:02
Here is the fun part, IMO, if you can be a citizen of Judaism than you should be able to get a passport (and other legal documents) for that citizenship status....

...otherwise the whole thing is pointless.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! Dec 12, 2019 @ 19:41:01
I guess ever since I was in sunday school in my teens, we studying the six day war. I been in many ways, turned off with irsael. with desert storm. I mean three week covered in summertime.

I have mix feelings, I have relatives living in irsael, I met a couple of them years ago in 70's. most of my life, the irsaelites and jews that live there, are the outsiders. in sense, my people are the invaders of the country. I understand they deserves to stay, being bias all, they deserves a state of their own. and they should fight back. I wonder if they really have the right to claim it?

speaking of motive, always question the why usa is protecting them. it seem more greed and political gain for usa to get involve. we know jewish people have powerful to run the usa. why the usa government seems to protect them, what our government really try to gain from protecting irsael?
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#15New Post! Dec 12, 2019 @ 23:37:08
I mean I get Jewish nation origin the way people call me Spanish/Mexican/Hispanic or Latinx.
Not all of it is exactly correct for my situation (the religious beliefs and the ethnicity are sometimes complicated, but the general gist is that people get lumped in based off things they can’t control. And Jewish encompasses more than just choosing a religion in a way that Christianity does not have.

Muslim might be closer to Jewish in that they’re people seems as being Muslim but not because of their actual belief but their heritage....like what the “Muslim ban” was targeting certain countries.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs