chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#16New Post! Dec 11, 2019 @ 16:53:16
@patriotic Said

chask, I refer to the written text ..

Patriotic, I refer to the written text.

@patriotic Said

The Bible is FULL of such strong love teachings.

Yes, there are SOME teachings of love and forgiveness.

HOWEVER, The Bible is also FULL of strong hate teachings.

Perhaps you should read it... and by "read it" I actually mean read ALL of it from its first word to its last word, and study it, and while reading ALL of it >>> pay attention. Do not ignore the parts you don't like. Do not make excuses for the parts that present hate. Read it ALL and acknowledge fully what it says.

If you are of a mind and motivated, you should consider doing the same for the holy books of other religions.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#17New Post! Dec 11, 2019 @ 16:57:37
@chaski Said

Perhaps you should read it... and by "read it" I actually mean read ALL of it from its first word to its last word, and study it, and while reading ALL of it >>> pay attention. Do not ignore the parts you don't like. Do not make excuses for the parts that present hate. Read it ALL and acknowledge fully what it says.

If you are of a mind and motivated, you should consider doing the same for the holy books of other religions.

In the beginning...yada, yada yada...Amen
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#18New Post! Dec 11, 2019 @ 17:01:34
@Erimitus Said

In the beginning...yada, yada yada...Amen

In the beginning...yada... some hate stuff... yada... some love stuff... yada... some neutral stuff... yada...Amen
patriotic On March 13, 2020

#19New Post! Dec 13, 2019 @ 15:11:13
Chaski said:
"HOWEVER, The Bible is also FULL of strong hate teachings."

The Old testament might have 'hate' teachings, but they were due to the consistence God's disobedience of the people. Also, please bear in mind that the O.T. was the law establishing era.
The New Testament, however, is the Amenity era. There is no hatred or violence at all. If you THINK that there is any, please refer to it.

AND, with all due respect, Chaski, how do you know that I've not read the Bible
many times and study it?1

#20New Post! Dec 13, 2019 @ 15:39:30
By the way, I've read the Koran and STUDY it by an imam from Al-Azhar. There is NO love at all in it ONLY extreme hate & violence, which the followers are demonstrating very obviously around the world.

As for other religions, I can say that I have an idea about them through visiting the countries listening to preaching in their places of worships, in particular, the Hindu (India) and Buddhism (Thailand) who are loving people, but none compares with Christianity (text).
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#21New Post! Dec 13, 2019 @ 16:35:15
@patriotic Said

AND, with all due respect, Chaski, how do you know that I've not read the Bible many times and study it?1

While I didn't actually say that you did not read the bible 1st word to last, it seems pretty clear that you did not.

When someone asks or says something like perhaps you should read it.... Human nature and religious pride typically lead people to say something like I have read the bible (or some variation of that).
That is, if you had read it from 1st word to last word even once and studied all of it, you would have just said so.... as you just did in a post about having read the Koran.

Instead of saying that you have read the bible, you shifted into what is known in behavioral science as deflection. Instead of saying whether you have or have not read the bible, you shift the topic and talk around it >>> and deflect over to the fact that you have read the Koran.

#22New Post! Dec 13, 2019 @ 20:41:10
WOW. Thank you. Good bye.
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#23New Post! Dec 13, 2019 @ 23:33:40
@patriotic Said

WOW. Thank you. Good bye.

WOW... you still haven't said that you read all of the bible and studied it...which if you had read it you would have every reason to be proud that you have read and studied the holy word of your god, and declare the same.

So...

WOW... my training in behavioral science was correct...

Funny that...
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#24New Post! Dec 14, 2019 @ 01:57:49
@chaski Said

WOW... you still haven't said that you read all of the bible and studied it...which if you had read it you would have every reason to be proud that you have read and studied the holy word of your god, and declare the same.

So...

WOW... my training in behavioral science was correct...

Funny that...

I have read the First word, the Last word, .... and various phrases and passages in between
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#25New Post! Dec 14, 2019 @ 01:59:22
@mrmhead Said

I have read the First word, the Last word, .... and various phrases and passages in between

Kind of like being charged for service by a lawyer... any part of the hour is the full hour.
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#26New Post! Dec 15, 2019 @ 09:20:02
@chaski Said

Remember that Jesus was a Jew, Christianity hadn't been invented yet. But Imagine how pissed they were when he told them "the true God is the God of love." He really screwed up their minds on that one. Just to get back at him they took over the religion named after him and turned it into a Jew persecuting, women burning war machine.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#27New Post! Dec 15, 2019 @ 12:03:08
@patriotic Said

“I will instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers, smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them. It is not ye who slew them; it was God.” Surah 8:13-17.
“Fight against those who believe not in Allah nor the last day nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and his messenger and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth among the people of the scripture, until they pay jiziah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.” Surah 9:29
“Fight them, until there is no persecution and the religion is God’s” Surah 193
“O ye who believe! Take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends and protectors. They are but friends and protectors to each other. And he amongst you that turns to them is on of them.” Surah 5:51 & 3:28
“Kill the mushrikeen (polytheists, Christians and non-Muslims), wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and lie in wait for them in each and every ambush”. Surah 9:5
“O you who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are close to you, and let them find harshness in you; and know that Allah is with those who are believers.” Surah 9:123
“And fight them until there is no more fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah) and (all and every king of) worship is for Allah (alone).” Surah 2:193

These are just few suras (verses) from the Koran.
Islam has nothing to do with peace. EVERYTHING in Islam is by force.

I don't really think any of the Abrahamic Religions are centered around peace.

#28New Post! Dec 15, 2019 @ 12:56:13
Jesus said, “you shall love your Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul and with all your mind.. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it ‘You shall love your neighbor as your self. On these two commandments hang all the Law and the Prophets,” Mt22:37-40
“A new commandment I give you, that you love one another; as I loved you , that you also love one another, by this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another, John 13:34-35
“If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him, and We will come into him and make Our home with him.” John 14:23
“These things I command you, that you love one another.” John 15-17
“You have heard that it was said to those of old, you shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of judgment, but I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment “. Mt. 5:21-22
“Furthermore, it has been said, whoever divorces his wife let him give a certificate of divorce. But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery.” Mt 5:31-32
“You have heard that it was said, you shall love your neighbor and hate you enemy; but I say to you ‘love you enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those spitefully use you and persecute you.” Mt 5:43-44

“Love never fails.” 1 Cor 13:8
“For I have come not to call the righteous, but the sinners.” Mt. 9:13
“with all lowliness and gentleness, with long suffering, bearing one another in love.” Eph 4:2
“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her.” Eph 5:25

“For the love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.” 1 Tm 6:10
“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal.” Mt 6:8

“Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you , not as the world gives I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:27
IF THIS NOT PEACE, WHAT IS?!
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#29New Post! Dec 15, 2019 @ 15:38:49
@patriotic Said

chask, I refer to the written text of a faith, not to the behavior of some followers. Please, check the written words of each faith to reach a proven conclusion. Where does it say in any of the mentioned faiths "love your enemies"?
The Bible is FULL of such strong love teachings.

@patriotic Said

Chaski said:
"HOWEVER, The Bible is also FULL of strong hate teachings."

The Old testament might have 'hate' teachings, but they were due to the consistence God's disobedience of the people. Also, please bear in mind that the O.T. was the law establishing era.
The New Testament, however, is the Amenity era. There is no hatred or violence at all. If you THINK that there is any, please refer to it.

AND, with all due respect, Chaski, how do you know that I've not read the Bible
many times and study it?1

Seems to me here you need to change your earlier statement from “the Bible” to “the New Testament”, no?
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

#30New Post! Dec 15, 2019 @ 17:01:01
@Leon Said

Seems to me here you need to change your earlier statement from “the Bible” to “the New Testament”, no?

Yes.. @patriotic should do that... however it would not be fully accurate. I could give a long winded answer, but will just quote Jesus.

Jesus, ""Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them."

>>> That is, Jesus was not changing the laws in the Old Testament... all the stoning of people who violate the law, hate for homosexuals, etc. <<<

Note: Yes, some will point to the story of the prostitute.... but Jesus didn't change the law of stoning prostitutes. All Jesus did was guilt the men who had been using the prostitute into not stoning her, and give her a life saving suggestions "go and sin no more"... i.e. stop being a prostitute or you are going to get yourself stoned to death you dumb wench.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs