It's that time again!

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 · >>
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#91New Post! Nov 16, 2019 @ 14:05:27
@Jennifer1984 Said

But something has to be done. It has to be. The attitude of "Nothing can be done so do nothing" can't be allowed to continue unabated. This is America's national nightmare and it has to be addressed.

Oh but we do Do Something!

We put up "No Guns Allowed" signs
We have Active Shooter training
We hire school guards
We have protests and vigils
We sell bullet-proof backpacks
We even shake our heads and say "Tsk Tsk"

And yet they keep happening

</snark>
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#92New Post! Nov 16, 2019 @ 17:51:08
The "</snark>" at the end of your post suggests to me that you think this is all some sort of joke.

Perhaps you'd find it just as funny if one of your loved ones, or their children was killed in such an incident. How much </snarking> would you be doing then..?

It's one of those terrible aspects of human nature that some people are completely un-bothered by dreadful matters...... all the time it's happening to other people.

I'm sure there are people in the world who you care about very much, and who care about you too, and as much as I would never wish ill on anybody much less to have them suffer something as dreadful as being caught up in such a mass shooting, such is the prevalence of these acts of insanity over there that the possibility of it happening to somebody you know sooner or later cannot be discounted.

Does the thought of that not fill you with dread..? I don't think I could comfortably live in such a society..... and I'm glad I don't.

It's not for me to tell Americans what to do or how to do it. All I can do is add my opinion on a public forum and hope that sooner or later there may be an outbreak of sanity.

And just to add one other thought..... what if a parent of one of the victims of such a shooting were ever to read you (or anybody else. I'm sure you and your opinion are not alone) making a mockery of their child's death. How do think they would feel...?

Have you no empathy..?
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#93New Post! Nov 16, 2019 @ 18:02:03
I would argue The 2nd amendment is the only thing that keeps them honest. If you see the situation in Mexico with the cartels it seems the Federales and the Zetas have the weapons and the people are completely defenseless. The only time their government gets worked up is when vigilantes get weapons to protect themselves. THEN the army shows up and clears out the criminals. Of course Las Zetas was started by a Mexican Army Colonel. One thing to note is the mass graves being found. Puerto Penasco in Sonnora Mexico has been in the news lately.
https://www.foxnews.com/world/mexico-mass-grave-sonora-more-bodies-arizona-border.amp
What if the gun violence was somehow being manifested for the purpose of having the 2nd amendment pulled? Would sure change the dynamic of politics in our nation.
Adolf Hitler had everyone register their weapons in 1933, then they went around gathering them all up.
4d4m On December 23, 2022

4dforum.org,
#94New Post! Nov 16, 2019 @ 18:11:52
@4d4m Said

Has it occurred to anyone the number of school shootings is off the hook. Has it occurred to anyone the number of unarmed black men shot by cops is over the top? Has it occurred to anyone the number of mass murders in this country is crazy?
These are not normal times

What if these things are occurring because of the same reason, all interconnected? Being manifested by individuals working toward a common goal whether they are even aware of it themselves.

***edited to fix broken quote tag - tiger

NE, Ohio
#95New Post! Nov 16, 2019 @ 18:19:18
@Jennifer1984 Said

The "</snark>" at the end of your post suggests to me that you think this is all some sort of joke.

Perhaps you'd find it just as funny if one of your loved ones, or their children was killed in such an incident. How much </snarking> would you be doing then..?

It's one of those terrible aspects of human nature that some people are completely un-bothered by dreadful matters...... all the time it's happening to other people.

I'm sure there are people in the world who you care about very much, and who care about you too, and as much as I would never wish ill on anybody much less to have them suffer something as dreadful as being caught up in such a mass shooting, such is the prevalence of these acts of insanity over there that the possibility of it happening to somebody you know sooner or later cannot be discounted.

Does the thought of that not fill you with dread..? I don't think I could comfortably live in such a society..... and I'm glad I don't.

It's not for me to tell Americans what to do or how to do it. All I can do is add my opinion on a public forum and hope that sooner or later there may be an outbreak of sanity.

And just to add one other thought..... what if a parent of one of the victims of such a shooting were ever to read you (or anybody else. I'm sure you and your opinion are not alone) making a mockery of their child's death. How do think they would feel...?

Have you no empathy..?

Would it be better to consider that as a complete solution?
Putting up signs and training our children how not to get shot?

That seems to be the thought of plenty of gun-nuts and politicians.
Hell - they even want to get rid of the signs and allow Carry Everywhere.

Turtle McConnell has refused to bring up a bill passed in the House (240-190 .. i.e. bi-partisan) in Feb increasing background checks.

... and I can't cry for everyone.

NE, Ohio
#96New Post! Nov 16, 2019 @ 18:24:44
@4d4m Said

What if the gun violence was somehow being manifested for the purpose of having the 2nd amendment pulled? Would sure change the dynamic of politics in our nation.
Adolf Hitler had everyone register their weapons in 1933, then they went around gathering them all up.

No. The Gun MFrs wouldn't allow it. It is the threat of removing the 2nd and Gov't thugs taking your guns that the MFrs like - the fear of loss increases sales.

... Also the Zombie Apocalypse Gotta be well armed for that.

NE, Ohio
#97New Post! Nov 16, 2019 @ 18:45:39
@4d4m Said

Just think of the logistics of that for the US.

Almost as ridiculous as the Gov't is reading all of your emails and all of your posts and listening to all of your cellphone calls. ....

NE, Ohio
#98New Post! Mar 23, 2021 @ 15:31:33
@mrmhead Said

Thoughts and Prayers
Headline News cycle (getting shorter)
It's too soon
Let them grieve
Promises promises
Historical recap (getting longer)
Enforce the laws
It's my constitutional right
You can't stop all of them, so why stop any of them

Thank you,
Good night!

I suppose it's time to dig this one up again.

Now that all the headlines are not about some ex-president megalomaniac.

Maybe we can play "Shooter Bingo" and see how many of the above phrases we hear this time around.

... or maybe Atlanta and Boulder were just false flags to push Uncle Joe's Gun-Taking agenda along.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#99New Post! Mar 23, 2021 @ 15:59:02
Turns out the assault weapons ban that Colorado passed in 2018 was blocked by the court a week ago.

Guess what weapon was used in the Boulder shooting yesterday?

Jesus f***ing Christ.
Jennifer1984 On July 20, 2022
Returner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#100New Post! Apr 01, 2021 @ 07:47:22
@Leon Said

Turns out the assault weapons ban that Colorado passed in 2018 was blocked by the court a week ago.

Guess what weapon was used in the Boulder shooting yesterday?

Jesus f***ing Christ.

Why....... just...... WHY.. would anybody in a civilian environment want to own an assault rifle...? Surely the excuse can't be for self protection. It is - literally, on all levels - overkill.

Even if "personal protection" was an acceptable argument (and it only can be in an insane society that puts the rights of gun owners above that of people's right to live), then surely a handgun would be sufficient.

And if it were up to me, I'd have all of those taken away too.

This gun worship is bloody insane.

NE, Ohio
#101New Post! Apr 01, 2021 @ 12:13:59
Ohio is expanding it's "Castle" or "Stand Your Ground" law - Originally started out as you can shoot someone who is a threat in your house.
Then in some places it expanded that you your car.
In a few days, that now extends to where you have the right to be.

The possibility of retreat will no longer be a factor in determining whether or not the force used in self-defense, or defense of another, was necessary to prevent injury, loss, or risk to life or safety.

... so combine that with open carry. If I see someone walking down the street carrying an assault rifle, can I just shoot him because I feel threatened by his presence?

NE, Ohio
#102New Post! Apr 01, 2021 @ 12:16:46
And let's not overlook:
Four people, including a child, were killed in a mass shooting at an office complex in Orange, California, on Wednesday, a police official said.

NE, Ohio
#103New Post! Apr 09, 2021 @ 12:13:49
Guns don't kill people.

NFL Players kill people.

Ban the NFL!

NE, Ohio
#104New Post! Apr 16, 2021 @ 12:23:50
... dare I say it

.... again? ....
Darkman666 On about 13 hours ago