Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7
chaski 0 minutes ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#91New Post! Nov 06, 2019 @ 16:52:37
@Leon Said

I voted against it. I would actually prefer it the other way around...to have Daylight Standard Time year round. I don’t need it to remain light outside at 8:00 PM in the summer. I prefer not to get up when it is still dark out in October.

Daylight Savings Time was created so people could stay outdoors late in the summer, and avoid the bugs that come out at night. But now in our technological age, we stay indoors anyways at that time.

I can agree with this, but actually over all I don't care.

I think the changing twice a year is a bit stupid, but not enough so that I lose any sleep over it.
(A little pun there )

I read an article a few years beck.. it might have been a spoof... this guy presented the idea of just splitting the difference"... ...hey, why not just move it one half hour once, get the "best of both worlds', and never change it again?.
chaski 0 minutes ago
Stalker

#92New Post! Nov 06, 2019 @ 16:53:32
@mrmhead Said

Damn California.

They're wasting all that daylight, probably reflecting it to the moon.

They should have their federal funding cut!!

No more Federal Funding for California!!!! They are wasting their daylight!!!
Leon On about 21 hours ago

San Diego, California
#94New Post! Nov 07, 2019 @ 03:03:42
@chaski Said

I read an article a few years beck.. it might have been a spoof... this guy presented the idea of just splitting the difference"... ...hey, why not just move it one half hour once, get the "best of both worlds', and never change it again?.

Terrible idea of course because it messes things up in relation to the global time zones.
chaski 0 minutes ago
Stalker

#95New Post! Nov 07, 2019 @ 03:36:59
@Leon Said

Terrible idea of course because it messes things up in relation to the global time zones.

But "we" shouldn't let the rest of the world hold us back... if it wasn't for us, they wouldn't even have any time... we bigly support their time zones... if they don't start holding up their end of the time line, we should just turn off there clocks!!!!

Sorry... I was channeling The Donald for a minute there....

Of course you are right, though.

I'm at a point in my life that the time switch really doesn't affect me that much... except for "forcing" me to grill in the dark....

"Forcing" me...

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs