The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

What do you think of the mainstream religions that are homophobic and misogynous?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Sep 08, 2019 @ 14:13:12
What do you think of the religions that are homophobic and misogynous?

I think they are stuck in the past and refuse to grow their moral sense to a higher level as they continue to discriminate and denigrate against gays and women without a just cause.

Should secular law do something against the religions that preach and teach poor morals and laws that are the opposite of the better secular law we live by?

We seem to be coming down on Islam and demanding they reform, but we seem to be ignoring Christianity’s efforts to make the world a worse place with homophobia and second class women.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#2New Post! Sep 08, 2019 @ 22:18:33
@GreatestIam2 Said

What do you think of the religions that are homophobic and misogynous?

I think they are stuck in the past and refuse to grow their moral sense to a higher level as they continue to discriminate and denigrate against gays and women without a just cause.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL

Sounds like a great place for pedophiles to hide!

Ottawa, Canada
#3New Post! Sep 09, 2019 @ 13:59:30
@mrmhead Said

Sounds like a great place for pedophiles to hide!

That is more of a control crime with a sexual component, but you are correct in adding it to the list for Catholic history.

Regards
DL
Sadcat On November 02, 2019

Fuk Yu, Belgium
#4New Post! Oct 08, 2019 @ 20:14:24
I think it's so stupid!
People ofte forget that tradition does not equal religion! Homosexuality has been for centuries, and we should all just quit the "But this one line in this book says..." bullcrap and just start to accept, or at least try to accept, that people should be allowed to love whoever they want! (Of course not children but the 'gays are pedophiles crap should have died by now)

Ottawa, Canada
#5New Post! Oct 12, 2019 @ 15:59:18
@Sadcat Said

I think it's so stupid!
People ofte forget that tradition does not equal religion! Homosexuality has been for centuries, and we should all just quit the "But this one line in this book says..." bullcrap and just start to accept, or at least try to accept, that people should be allowed to love whoever they want! (Of course not children but the 'gays are pedophiles crap should have died by now)

I think it would have all died if not for religious bigots and homophobes.

Regards
DL
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs