Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#46New Post! Jul 08, 2019 @ 10:14:13
@Leon Said

Okay, here’s an honest effort to get a lighter topic going on the front page for a change. So let’s get it on....and talk grilling! What do you like to grill, or like grilled? Do you use charcoal or gas? Have any techniques, marinade ideas, recipes, pictures?

Whatever you want to talk about on the subject really, it’s Memorial Day weekend, so let’s get the ideas rolling!!!

I know this is an old post but thought I'd respond anyway. Like all Aussies I love to throw a shrimp on the barbie.

Ok, that's a lie. Australians don't even eat shrimp, let alone grill the damned things. Hoges is an a**

We eat prawns, but I've never heard of anyone bbqing one and can't imagine it would be all that good tbh.

Outside of that I'm pretty happy to bbq almost anything except salad and chocolate.

I'm a huge fan of burying stuff under a campfire then digging it out at three in the morning after drinking for six hours and eating it. Potatoes are particularly good for this, but you can also bury fish and other meat and damper (the depth of burial depending on how long you plan on leaving it for and how fussy you are about charcoal to edible food ratios).

I'll use gas, but prefer charcoal, or, better still, an open fire in the bush and my thick as fry pan. I love the smokiness.

Steak, chicken, potato, onion, pork... anything really... except shrimp.
bob_the_fisherman On January 30, 2023
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#47New Post! Jul 08, 2019 @ 10:20:26
@last_wave_of_summer Said

Love camp fire cooking, something about cooking on the coals in the cast iron camp oven.

@shadowen Said

Like making damper when out bush.

Who said Aussies are slow? This thread is months old and we are the last three people to leave a comment (and prior to us it was the weird spammer on the previous page).
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#48New Post! Jul 08, 2019 @ 13:29:32
Fake passports! Get your fake passports here!
chaski On about 15 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#49New Post! Jul 20, 2019 @ 01:09:43
I've grilled almost every night since early May... or maybe it was April.

I've been rotating the meat (chicken, beef, swordfish, tuna, salmon, venison... various sausages...) as well as various veggies (potatoes, onions, mushrooms, bok choy, zucchini, sweet potatoes, etc...)

The only days off have been one or two nights of shrimp... I have a different technique for fresh shrimp... Southern Virginia...

Anyway... campfire cooking is good, I'm just (oddly) not a fan of the camp fire... the smoke sucks... I know, pretty weird for a guy who camps out a lot.

Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#50New Post! Jul 20, 2019 @ 01:28:23
@chaski Said

I've grilled almost every night since early May... or maybe it was April.

I've been rotating the meat (chicken, beef, swordfish, tuna, salmon, venison... various sausages...) as well as various veggies (potatoes, onions, mushrooms, bok choy, zucchini, sweet potatoes, etc...)

The only days off have been one or two nights of shrimp... I have a different technique for fresh shrimp... Southern Virginia...

Anyway... campfire cooking is good, I'm just (oddly) not a fan of the camp fire... the smoke sucks... I know, pretty weird for a guy who camps out a lot.

You should get one of those mini eggs, so you can bring it for camping, picnics, etc. I still haven’t gotten an egg and probably won’t for a while, but if I did, that’s probably the kind I will get.
chaski On about 15 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#51New Post! Jul 20, 2019 @ 04:05:01
@Leon Said

You should get one of those mini eggs, so you can bring it for camping, picnics, etc. I still haven’t gotten an egg and probably won’t for a while, but if I did, that’s probably the kind I will get.

It would be a great idea, but my version of camping typically is "primitive"... backpacking light.

If it weren't for my girlfriend I would be down to a hammock or bivouac tent... don't get me wrong though, it isn't that she couldn't handle the "rough" camping... no it is me... if we're camping I want to be close to her, thus we need a little more than the most minimal...

But there are those cross country or back country via 4x4...

Yes... a good idea...
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#52New Post! Jul 20, 2019 @ 05:55:02
@chaski Said

It would be a great idea, but my version of camping typically is "primitive"... backpacking light.

If it weren't for my girlfriend I would be down to a hammock or bivouac tent... don't get me wrong though, it isn't that she couldn't handle the "rough" camping... no it is me... if we're camping I want to be close to her, thus we need a little more than the most minimal...

But there are those cross country or back country via 4x4...

Yes... a good idea...

Ah yes, those would be too heavy for backpacking.

I don’t camp much at all, but just like having a 4 x 4 even though you live in the city: It’s a nice feature to have for when you do use it. So if I get an egg, it would be nice to have one that can be used at home or out. The Mini is a bit small and seems to be only for travel, but MiniMax is still at a sizable 13” and even has a stand for it, yet is also mobile - best of both worlds.
XRumerTest On March 01, 2022

#53New Post! Aug 03, 2019 @ 09:08:43
Hello. And Bye.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#54New Post! Aug 03, 2019 @ 13:59:37
Simple dogs and burgers today, accompanied by our back-yard harvest
amhunt On August 10, 2019

columbus, Georgia
#55New Post! Aug 10, 2019 @ 20:57:23
https://offerit.co/affid?referrer=ally_80976

NE, Ohio
#56New Post! Aug 17, 2019 @ 17:25:14
Hmmm...
Spambots on the Bar-B !!
Robertoemusyslerce On August 18, 2019

Ufa, Russia
#57New Post! Aug 18, 2019 @ 04:01:05
<b>Лучшие кредитные карты в банках с процентными ставками от 0% годовых, а также кэшбэком и бонусами до 70%</b>

<b>
https://kreditonline.website/ - сбербанк оформить кредит онлайн без справок</b>

NE, Ohio
#58New Post! Aug 18, 2019 @ 16:23:43
Giving This a try today.

Bacon wrapped smoked turkey tenderloins (pics from article)

NE, Ohio
#59New Post! Aug 24, 2019 @ 13:21:17
@mrmhead Said

Giving This a try today.

Bacon wrapped smoked turkey tenderloins (pics from article)

BTW, It was FANTASTIC!
Even as leftovers!

I cooked it until the internal temp reached 165, which was about an hour less than what was estimated in the article.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#60New Post! Sep 08, 2019 @ 18:56:02
I got a little indoor grill.
Probably not as cool as a big regular one, but mostly We don’t really eat much that a big grill hasn’t been worth warming up for a tiny a** piece of fish and a veggie.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs