The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Religion & Philosophy

Would only a fool blame his own creations for the taint therein -- of his poor craftsmanship?

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#1New Post! Aug 29, 2019 @ 18:21:32
Would only an evil god blame his own creations for the taint therein -- of his poor craftsmanship?

God is said to have condemned the whole world and all in it who followed Adam and Eve.

Christianity calls it our Original Sin; the sin of being born tainted by Adam’s sin. It happens to be an immoral construct that the Jews do not have in the original theology.

We are also told that god creates us all tainted and sustains us all.

If I erred in raising or creating my children, I would step up to the blame.

Why does god punish us, victims of his poor craftsmanship, instead of taking his rightful blame?

I also thought that Yahweh was the Jewish god, yet Christianity does not have Yahweh following his own law. Christians have Yahweh murdering his own son as a sacrifice that goes against most sane laws.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

God, it seems to me, has screwed up creation and wants to blame the creation for his own incompetence.

Thoughts?

Regards
DL
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs