Religion & Philosophy

Chakra

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#1New Post! Aug 14, 2019 @ 13:35:16
Forgive me if this is the incorrect place.

Does anyone know about chakra? The benefits, the negatives, etc.? Does one need to follow a certain religion, or do they need an open mind?
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#2New Post! Aug 14, 2019 @ 15:52:58
@Cpat92 Said

Does anyone know about chakra? The benefits, the negatives, etc.? Does one need to follow a certain religion, or do they need an open mind?

Chakras have something to do with energy centers of the body. Addresses both physical and mental well being. I do not think it is necessary to join any religion. Google it and see what you find.
Darkman666 On about 1 hour ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#3New Post! Aug 14, 2019 @ 20:25:20
@Erimitus Said

Chakras have something to do with energy centers of the body. Addresses both physical and mental well being. I do not think it is necessary to join any religion. Google it and see what you find.

I thought it was words that alien women in their own languages saying that captain kirk stinks in bed.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! Aug 14, 2019 @ 23:52:06
Chakras are a concept that comes, largely, from Hinduism.

The concept is also linked to Buddhist Tantra and to Qigong.

However, one does not have to "follow" any religion to "believe" in the idea of chakras.

As the practice of buddhism, qigong, yoga, zen, etc... the idea is more about practicing the spiritual by way of the physical.

Note: Many "teachers" might dislike that statement of mine; practicing the spiritual by way of the physical. Personally, I couldn't care less what the "teachers" say.

Some say there are 7 chakras... others put the number a bit higher as they claim/believe there are chakras above/beyond the corporal body.

There are breathing exercises to help one "open" one's chakras.... sort of pushing one's breath and energy up through one's chakras to open oneself up both physically and spiritually. These may or may not "work" depending on your effort, practice and belief.

Meditation is probably "easier"... the practice of yoga (beyond just classes at a local studio) is probably more effective as "it" becomes a life style if pursued with honesty and dedication.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#5New Post! Aug 15, 2019 @ 01:15:04
All I know is if you close your laptop on one of the stones, the screen breaks.

Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#6New Post! Aug 15, 2019 @ 11:38:29
@chaski Said

Chakras are a concept that comes, largely, from Hinduism.

The concept is also linked to Buddhist Tantra and to Qigong.

However, one does not have to "follow" any religion to "believe" in the idea of chakras.

As the practice of buddhism, qigong, yoga, zen, etc... the idea is more about practicing the spiritual by way of the physical.

Note: Many "teachers" might dislike that statement of mine; practicing the spiritual by way of the physical. Personally, I couldn't care less what the "teachers" say.

Some say there are 7 chakras... others put the number a bit higher as they claim/believe there are chakras above/beyond the corporal body.

There are breathing exercises to help one "open" one's chakras.... sort of pushing one's breath and energy up through one's chakras to open oneself up both physically and spiritually. These may or may not "work" depending on your effort, practice and belief.

Meditation is probably "easier"... the practice of yoga (beyond just classes at a local studio) is probably more effective as "it" becomes a life style if pursued with honesty and dedication.

ty
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#7New Post! Aug 15, 2019 @ 15:21:25
Double post
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#8New Post! Aug 19, 2019 @ 20:57:48
@gakINGKONG Said

Double post

Was this posted before
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#10New Post! Aug 25, 2019 @ 07:15:28
@Cpat92 Said

There's a metaphysical theology behind Chakra practice but you don't need to understand the theology in order to practice Chakra; as Chakra's efficiency relies mostly on cognition it would be best that you're not familiar with the pseudo-science if you are a skeptic.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs