Dark - on Netflix

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Darkman666 On about 14 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#16New Post! Jul 15, 2019 @ 01:44:09
couple of summers ago, I didn't have hbo, few years before. on demand, I
watched 3 to 5 seasons of " games of thornes ", that pretty much worth waiting. not like the horrible series finale that really bad!
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#17New Post! Jul 15, 2019 @ 02:37:56
I think that might be one we had scheduled to watch. Possibly watched the first episode.

There are so many series on Netflix to get into.

Speaking of foreign tv... I really liked “the sniffer” Ukrainian show, with subtitles. More police procedural than sci-fi, but the effects from his super sensitive smell was cool.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#18New Post! Jul 15, 2019 @ 05:20:11
@mrmhead Said

Nope - never saw that one.

I found it: The Expanse
It kind of reminded me of Firefly

That’s on my list on Amazon - Expanse. How was it?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#19New Post! Jul 15, 2019 @ 10:59:01
@Leon Said

That’s on my list on Amazon - Expanse. How was it?

I thought it was good - as did a few co-workers.

Like I said, it reminded me a bit of Firefly (if you've seen it)

A scrap-recovery spaceship, a crew of misfits assembled over a bit of time, then they find some naughty stuff going on - tying back to that initial PI looking for a missing girl.

Some light hearted humor along the way as well.

I'd recommend it.

NE, Ohio
#20New Post! Jul 15, 2019 @ 11:02:28
@DiscordTiger Said

I think that might be one we had scheduled to watch. Possibly watched the first episode.

There are so many series on Netflix to get into.

Speaking of foreign tv... I really liked “the sniffer” Ukrainian show, with subtitles. More police procedural than sci-fi, but the effects from his super sensitive smell was cool.

Spectrum (Cable) is starting to get into the TV series production scene.
Haven't watched any, but they're advertising.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#21New Post! Jul 15, 2019 @ 15:09:56
@mrmhead Said

I thought it was good - as did a few co-workers.

Like I said, it reminded me a bit of Firefly (if you've seen it)

A scrap-recovery spaceship, a crew of misfits assembled over a bit of time, then they find some naughty stuff going on - tying back to that initial PI looking for a missing girl.

Some light hearted humor along the way as well.

I'd recommend it.

Thanks. I never saw Firefly. Science fiction largely hasn’t really been my thing (I like crime thrillers more than anything). But I’ve tried a few. One I really liked had Hale Berry in it a few years ago, forget what it’s called. Dome was good the first season, but was a disaster after that. Others I’ve started but never finished - 12 Monkeys and Fringe.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#22New Post! Jul 15, 2019 @ 16:41:54
@Leon Said

Thanks. I never saw Firefly. Science fiction largely hasn’t really been my thing (I like crime thrillers more than anything). But I’ve tried a few. One I really liked had Hale Berry in it a few years ago, forget what it’s called. Dome was good the first season, but was a disaster after that. Others I’ve started but never finished - 12 Monkeys and Fringe.

12 monkeys - it was ok series to watch, I was disappoint by the series finale. the story had a good beginning, but I think it get stupid and weird at the ending. it has a cult following to it. don't get hopes to high in it. be patient with it, you can follow the storyline.

fridge is one of the better tv science fiction show, I have seen for awhile. the problem with lack of audience, but a cleaver storyline through the series. it is a likeable show to keep watching every week on fox, before it was cancelled.

NE, Ohio
#23New Post! Jul 15, 2019 @ 18:58:48
@Leon Said

I hold "Under the Dome" as one of the greatest examples of bad TV that I struggled through! Haha
I felt all the characters were "flat" - as best as I can describe them.
I read the book so I felt a bit of obligation to stick through it.

In the book, I enjoyed the interaction and (d)evolution of the society. But the ending was pretty lame. Another story where "It's the journey, not the destination"

I liked Fringe a lot. I thought it got better through the later seasons once the overarching story line became clearer. Walter is funny!

I forget if I saw the end of 12 Monkeys. I'll have to look it up.

11/22/63 was another time-travel (Stephen King) limited series I thought was pretty good.

..speaking of King - Haven was OK, kind of light entertainment as a filler.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#24New Post! Jul 15, 2019 @ 20:31:38
@mrmhead Said

I hold "Under the Dome" as one of the greatest examples of bad TV that I struggled through! Haha
I felt all the characters were "flat" - as best as I can describe them.
I read the book so I felt a bit of obligation to stick through it.

In the book, I enjoyed the interaction and (d)evolution of the society. But the ending was pretty lame. Another story where "It's the journey, not the destination"

I liked Fringe a lot. I thought it got better through the later seasons once the overarching story line became clearer. Walter is funny!

I forget if I saw the end of 12 Monkeys. I'll have to look it up.

11/22/63 was another time-travel (Stephen King) limited series I thought was pretty good.

..speaking of King - Haven was OK, kind of light entertainment as a filler.

the first season of " under the dome " was had a pretty good storyline, it was original. I never read the book. but the series finale that would been season finale, it was cancelled. after the beginning of the second season was falling apart and the series finale was predictable. it deserved to be cancel.

with 12 monkeys, you probably remember, the show if syf didn't aired 10 episodes for one season in one weekend in july.

haven was a good tv show for two or three seasons, like " eureka " and " warehouse 13 ", then the storyline fall apart and lose the audience.

11/22/63 - it wasn't that bad storyline and the storyline held pretty good through the series.

" fridge " was a great vehicle for john noble, who played walter. john stole scenes from the show. a great pilot for the science fiction and hole up the first season. the son and the father relationship going back in the time, sink the tv show into cancellation. the show still worth watching in reruns.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#25New Post! Jul 17, 2019 @ 01:12:37
@mrmhead Said

Spectrum (Cable) is starting to get into the TV series production scene.
Haven't watched any, but they're advertising.

there an article on internet: the 20 worst two shows of 2019: so far, according to critics

no 1:

l.a.'s finest:

Spectrum Originals

Critic score: 8%
Audience score: 77%

What critics said: "L.A.'s Finest quickly sinks into mediocrity, unable to offer the same kind of big-screen thrills in a weekly format, or find much of anything new to say about odd couples and pasts that won't stay hidden." — AV Club

NE, Ohio
#26New Post! Jul 31, 2019 @ 12:03:29
Just finished ST3 last night.

Dark is definitely better than season 3 of Stranger Things.

ST3 was an entertaining story, but it was lacking in the mystery and suspense department.

A friend suggested Altered Carbon. Got it queued up for the next opportunity.
(I think I have some Battlebots shows to catch up on - that's my mindless entertainment diversion)

Saint Louis, Missouri
#27New Post! Jul 31, 2019 @ 16:10:39
@mrmhead Said

Just finished ST3 last night.

Dark is definitely better than season 3 of Stranger Things.

ST3 was an entertaining story, but it was lacking in the mystery and suspense department.

A friend suggested Altered Carbon. Got it queued up for the next opportunity.
(I think I have some Battlebots shows to catch up on - that's my mindless entertainment diversion)

the past several weeks on Fridays, I been watching battlebots. off and on, I watched the show. I used the original English version of this show in the 90's. I have enjoy watching this show, something about mechanical robot cars beat the crap of each others for three minutes. it is riot to watch.

NE, Ohio
#28New Post! Jul 31, 2019 @ 16:16:51
@darkman666 Said

the past several weeks on Fridays, I been watching battlebots. off and on, I watched the show. I used the original English version of this show in the 90's. I have enjoy watching this show, something about mechanical robot cars beat the crap of each others for three minutes. it is riot to watch.

I DVR it. FF through the BS and commercials, and the two-hour Friday Night show is cut to about an hour!

.. But I always make sure I catch Faruq's introductions - He's awesome!

It's Robot Fightin' Time!!

Saint Louis, Missouri
#29New Post! Jul 31, 2019 @ 16:25:22
@mrmhead Said

I DVR it. FF through the BS and commercials, and the two-hour Friday Night show is cut to about an hour!

.. But I always make sure I catch Faruq's introductions - He's awesome!

It's Robot Fightin' Time!!

he help with flare expressions to introduce the bots. he remind of the mc of English version, I don't know he is the same person on this show. I watch two-hour show from 7:00 to 9:00pm on Fridays.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs