Pages: << · 1 2
chaski On about 14 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#16New Post! Jul 12, 2019 @ 19:49:43
@gakINGKONG Said

It is the weapon against truth.

I totally agree with this statement.

Two prime examples of political correctness being used as weapons against the truth:

1. Christianity... whenever someone complains that people are attacking Christians (i.e. essentially demanding that people speak in "politically correct" terms about Christianity and the holy book of Christianity), one can be sure that person is actually attacking the truth.

2. President Trump... whenever someone complains about people not showing respect to Trump (i.e. demanding that people speak in "politically correct" about Trump), one can be sure that person is actually attacking the truth.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#17New Post! Jul 12, 2019 @ 22:27:02
PC: Mr. Trump has a unique way of running this country as President.

Not-So-PC: That f***ing idiot has no idea what he's doing.
chaski On about 14 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#18New Post! Jul 13, 2019 @ 00:03:21
@mrmhead Said

PC: Mr. Trump has a unique way of running this country as President.

Not-So-PC: That f***ing idiot has no idea what he's doing.

PC: Christians have faith in what they believe.

Not-So-PC: Christians should read and study the bible so they really know what they believe.

See.... the no-so-pc version is an example of hate speech that is being used as a weapon against truth.
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#19New Post! Jul 13, 2019 @ 00:23:53
Making fun of stereotypes is uncontrollable

But, with understanding and consideration, society can learn to not take the funnies far enough as to subliminally influence others around to harbour disdain for those joked about

A girl I used to help watch asked me sometime ago if homosexuals were 'bad' which I explained to her they weren't but the fact that she had to question an adult is demonstration that the jokes or ill comments are collectively painting ugly pictures of some groups.

Without getting a leash on jokes or comments in ill regards to certain groups all of us, on a subliminal level, will wind up performing subliminal prejudice even though we don't consciously realise it.

ie; I have ten people short listed for a job all of the same skill level and reputation however one is an African so 'Ha ha - that one's in the trash..oh and this other is a girly-boy so that leaves me eight to decide among.'

just as bigoted 'Oh, here's a darky and a queer - I best hire them first so our company looks open-minded and with the times!

In the above illustration decisions or exceptions were made in subliminal belief that said parties were different enough to serve as either detriment or Brownie Point.

Political Correctness is an exercise for society to not subliminal regard each other for racial, gender or other differences even if the subject of focus is a creature that bleeds for four days and doesn't die.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#20New Post! Jul 30, 2019 @ 00:37:36
George Carlin

Thanks for bringing this back.

Unless of course, you're just trolling ---but okay then.

Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs