Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
DiscordTiger On about 9 hours ago
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#16New Post! Jun 05, 2019 @ 03:43:41
Sorry. To get back to it. The belief is illegal immigrants are stealing jobs from citizens. Like it’s a fight for resources and that is why they are so unwanted

Like construction or cleaning isn’t necessary a min wage type job ( they are hard af) but often demeaned. And thought of as “stolen”. But seriously they are just physically hard and people can’t always do them, or want to do them for years.
Leon On about 16 hours ago

San Diego, California
#17New Post! Jun 05, 2019 @ 03:50:29
@DiscordTiger Said

Sorry. To get back to it. The belief is illegal immigrants are stealing jobs from citizens. Like it’s a fight for resources and that is why they are so unwanted

Like construction or cleaning isn’t necessary a min wage type job ( they are hard af) but often demeaned. And thought of as “stolen”. But seriously they are just physically hard and people can’t always do them, or want to do them for years.

No worries, I just found it funny is all. I’m fine with the topic going off on tangents, as long as it sparks discussion on issues.

And I agree with you on what you’re saying.
mrmhead On about 15 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#18New Post! Jun 05, 2019 @ 11:33:22
@Leon Said

And since when did this thread turn from immigration to minimum wage? That was supposed to be another episode of this series.

Oh well, it just makes one less week to have to do this.

Oops
OK I'll keep my reply to the above on the back burner for the next episode.

NE, Ohio
#19New Post! Jun 05, 2019 @ 11:40:51
@DiscordTiger Said

I can't speak of first hand knowledge of the extent, but I hear of complaints that other resources are schooling, hospitalization/medical care, other "safety nets" that citizens pay for through taxes and fees.
chaski On about 10 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#20New Post! Jul 11, 2019 @ 17:40:19
A few interesting little factoids:

> Did you know that it is estimated that between 50% to 75% of undocumented immigrants (aka illegal aliens) pay federal, state and local income tax?

> Did you know it is estimated that only 56% of U.S. citizens pay federal income tax (44% not paying federal income tax)?

(Thus >>> Statistically speaking, the % of undocumented immigrants and % of U.S. citizens paying federal income tax is about the same.)

> Did you know that, since an undocumented immigrants cannot legally obtain a Social Security Number (SSN) the IRS has come up with a work around for them? This work around is called an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) and looks much like a SSN (but starts with "9" ).

One might wonder "Why would the IRS do this?" The answer is because "we" want "their" tax revenue.

> Did you know that being undocumented, these "illegal aliens" do not get any refunds, write-offs, nor deductibles?

> Did you know that undocumented immigrants are estimated to pay in about $7 billion per year into Social Security?

> Did you know that undocumented immigrants pay all sales tax, just like U.S. citizens?

> Did you know (as an example of just one state) that in Arizona the state’s undocumented immigrants generate $2.4 billion in tax revenue per year, but only cost about $1.4 billion in their use of benefit programs?

etc.
Leon On about 16 hours ago

San Diego, California
#21New Post! Jul 12, 2019 @ 03:08:26
@chaski Said

A few interesting little factoids:

> Did you know that it is estimated that between 50% to 75% of undocumented immigrants (aka illegal aliens) pay federal, state and local income tax?

> Did you know it is estimated that only 56% of U.S. citizens pay federal income tax (44% not paying federal income tax)?

(Thus >>> Statistically speaking, the % of undocumented immigrants and % of U.S. citizens paying federal income tax is about the same.)

> Did you know that, since an undocumented immigrants cannot legally obtain a Social Security Number (SSN) the IRS has come up with a work around for them? This work around is called an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) and looks much like a SSN (but starts with "9" ).

One might wonder "Why would the IRS do this?" The answer is because "we" want "their" tax revenue.

> Did you know that being undocumented, these "illegal aliens" do not get any refunds, write-offs, nor deductibles?

> Did you know that undocumented immigrants are estimated to pay in about $7 billion per year into Social Security?

> Did you know that undocumented immigrants pay all sales tax, just like U.S. citizens?

> Did you know (as an example of just one state) that in Arizona the state’s undocumented immigrants generate $2.4 billion in tax revenue per year, but only cost about $1.4 billion in their use of benefit programs?

etc.

So basically, they are contributing a lot more than receiving in tax dollars. Interesting.

And that’s not even accounting for what they provide for in terms of private enterprise, such as cheap labor, etc.

While I don’t necessarily vouch for a completely open border, this is as strong a case as can be made for it. As I stated earlier in this thread, we need to make it much easier for non-criminals to immigrate. Contrary to what right wingers want you to believe, removing them from our nation would be a big blow to our economy than the opposite.
gakINGKONG 9 minutes ago

Okinawa, Japan
#22New Post! Jul 12, 2019 @ 04:44:35
@Leon Said

If you were President and had a House majority and Senate supermajority on your side, how would you reform our nation’s system of immigration?

If I were president for a day and could make immigration better, what would I do?

I would set up a standard for everyone, ONE standard and it would cover all the things that non-citizens would want to do.

A) Suppose I'm a citizen from another country and I'd like to travel to the United States on vacation, what do I do?

Well, I'm the president and I say please come to the United States with your passport and be prepared to be inspected through homeland security for things like fruits and vegitables.

That's been my experience and I feel like we all get to do this regardless.

B) If you're planning to stay longer or would like to be a citizen then go ahead and file with immigration. They give out little canidies and knick knacks while you wait and should have you up and running before no time.

C) If you are an illegal alien and don't care no how about American laws, just know that it's a sad day for all of us. Life is hard and taxes are too high. If enough people like you want to take advantage of enough people like us, at the end of the day we all pay and the whole thing collapses.

NE, Ohio
#23New Post! Jul 12, 2019 @ 13:20:33
@gakINGKONG Said

If I were president for a day and could make immigration better, what would I do?

I would set up a standard for everyone, ONE standard and it would cover all the things that non-citizens would want to do.

A) Suppose I'm a citizen from another country and I'd like to travel to the United States on vacation, what do I do?

Well, I'm the president and I say please come to the United States with your passport and be prepared to be inspected through homeland security for things like fruits and vegitables.

That's been my experience and I feel like we all get to do this regardless.

B) If you're planning to stay longer or would like to be a citizen then go ahead and file with immigration. They give out little canidies and knick knacks while you wait and should have you up and running before no time.

C) If you are an illegal alien and don't care no how about American laws, just know that it's a sad day for all of us. Life is hard and taxes are too high. If enough people like you want to take advantage of enough people like us, at the end of the day we all pay and the whole thing collapses.

I think that's part of the problem. I thought I've heard reports it could take more than a year to get a court date set up because of a lack of resources.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs