Politics

Trump

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...452 453 454 455 456 ...614 615 616 · >>
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#6796New Post! Jul 05, 2019 @ 16:21:30
During his "Salute to America" speech, he was talking about the year 1775 when he said: "Our army manned the air, it rammed the ramparts, it took over the airports, it did everything it had to do."

He's blaming it on a teleprompter! Even if he was reading it, did he not know what he was saying??

The answer would be Yes:

Outside the White House on Friday, Mr Trump said: "I knew the speech very well, so I was able to do it without the teleprompter."
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#6797New Post! Jul 06, 2019 @ 13:02:11
I was thinking about some of the weaknesses and the presidency. Specifically, I was thinking about what those could be. My question: where is Mr. Trump weak? Will his witnesses make a difference? Do they interfere with his governance or his ability to be reelected?

WJC was all:“It’s the economy stupid”. But it seems like the economy is OK even if the levels of government spending and the national debt are not. This to me represents short term thinking and sabotaging our future for the present advantage. There will be a reckoning I think.

, Florida
#6798New Post! Jul 06, 2019 @ 13:59:32
Sorry to say Mad magazine is going away. Since doubling down on Trump is the only game in town, the nightly comedy shows are beating Mad to the punch.

Oh well. It's been 30 years since I was a regular reader of Mad anyway.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#6799New Post! Jul 06, 2019 @ 14:53:48
@gakINGKONG Said

My question: where is Mr. Trump weak?

Answer: Trump is weak in the following areas:

1. Intelligence (as in academic knowledge)

2. Intelligence (as in understanding the concept that the U.S. intelligence agencies/services have more informant than he has and understand international strategic issues better than he does).

3. Diplomacy. Trump clearly doesn't understand international diplomacy.

4. Support of the USA's allies

5. Law. Trump has demonstrated that he has little or no understanding of legal issues at the administrative, civil and criminal levels.

6. Support of his own federal law enforcement agencies. Trump contradicts and undermines his own people and the agencies they represent on a regular basis.

7. Military (aside from being a coward and a draft dodger) Trump somehow thinks he knows more about military service and operations (strategy & tactics) than career military officers.

8. The economy. So far Trump has been riding on the back of the good economy which was handed to him. However, his spending and tariffs put that at risk over the long term. He is not "conservative" but rather is reckless.

9. People. Trump does not know "good" people and has demonstrated that time after time. Aside from that, Trump seems to relish insulting just about anyone.

10. Unifying the country. Trump gives lip service to unifying the country, but hasn't done anything to really to it.

11. Maturity. Almost daily Trump demonstrates a lack of maturity in his tweets and his bizarre ranging on FoxNews.

12. Responsibility. Trump blames other people for anything and everything.

13. Public speaking. While his followers seem to like his rallies, if you actually look and listen to what he says, his command of the English language is poor at best.

14. History. Trump has repeatedly demonstrated that he does not know and understand U.S. history.

15. Honesty. Trump has demonstrated throughout his adult life that he is not an honest person. He tells lies frequently.

16.... Shall I go on?

NE, Ohio
#6800New Post! Jul 06, 2019 @ 15:07:12
@chaski Said

Answer: Trump is weak in the following areas:

1. Intelligence (as in academic knowledge)

2. Intelligence (as in understanding the concept that the U.S. intelligence agencies/services have more informant than he has and understand international strategic issues better than he does).

3. Diplomacy. Trump clearly doesn't understand international diplomacy.

4. Support of the USA's allies

5. Law. Trump has demonstrated that he has little or no understanding of legal issues at the administrative, civil and criminal levels.

6. Support of his own federal law enforcement agencies. Trump contradicts and undermines his own people and the agencies they represent on a regular basis.

7. Military (aside from being a coward and a draft dodger) Trump somehow thinks he knows more about military service and operations (strategy & tactics) than career military officers.

8. The economy. So far Trump has been riding on the back of the good economy which was handed to him. However, his spending and tariffs put that at risk over the long term. He is not "conservative" but rather is reckless.

9. People. Trump does not know "good" people and has demonstrated that time after time. Aside from that, Trump seems to relish insulting just about anyone.

10. Unifying the country. Trump gives lip service to unifying the country, but hasn't done anything to really to it.

11. Maturity. Almost daily Trump demonstrates a lack of maturity in his tweets and his bizarre ranging on FoxNews.

12. Responsibility. Trump blames other people for anything and everything.

13. Public speaking. While his followers seem to like his rallies, if you actually look and listen to what he says, his command of the English language is poor at best.

14. History. Trump has repeatedly demonstrated that he does not know and understand U.S. history.

15. Honesty. Trump has demonstrated throughout his adult life that he is not an honest person. He tells lies frequently.

16.... Shall I go on?

Well aside from that, he's a pretty good president, right?

How was the show, Mrs Lincoln?
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#6801New Post! Jul 06, 2019 @ 15:39:23
@mrmhead Said

Well aside from that, he's a pretty good president, right?

How was the show, Mrs Lincoln?

Best Ever!

Magnificent Airport Ground Attack! MAGA!

It's been one of our military mottos since the Revolutionary War.

NE, Ohio
#6802New Post! Jul 07, 2019 @ 02:45:41
Darroch is the UK ambassador to the UK
Darroch used secret cables and briefing notes to warn the UK government that Trump's "career could end in disgrace,"
CNN Link

I disagree with his assessment.

His career is already a disgrace!

, Florida
#6803New Post! Jul 07, 2019 @ 06:40:27
@mrmhead Said

Darroch is the UK ambassador to the UK
Darroch used secret cables and briefing notes to warn the UK government that Trump's "career could end in disgrace,"
CNN Link

I disagree with his assessment.

His career is already a disgrace!

It's not enough that he can't gain approval from the elite for his cultural shortcomings.

Likely voter contempt for the POTUS will increase with pain . . . financial pain. The trick for his enemies is to find a way to make him a one-termer like Bush41.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#6804New Post! Jul 07, 2019 @ 17:11:43
@gakINGKONG Said

It's not enough that he can't gain approval from the elite for his cultural shortcomings.

Likely voter contempt for the POTUS will increase with pain . . . financial pain. The trick for his enemies is to find a way to make him a one-termer like Bush41.

Trump is an elitist. He has even called himself an elitist, one of his few honest statements. He is fully accepted, at least publicly, by most true elitists: Rich Republican/Conservatives.

Anyway, just in case you actually read this post... which is doubtful.

Trump's approval rating just hit its peak.

>> ABC News & the Washington Post have him at 47% approval.

Granted Rasmussen Reports has him a 49%... but as we've discussed, their polls always seem to be off the norm (between 4 to 8 points or so off) so can't really be taken seriously.

Anyway, I thought you might like to know that Trump is up in his approval rating >>> 47% approval.

, Florida
#6805New Post! Jul 08, 2019 @ 05:51:40
Has there ever been a better time to walk away from television? I think it’s a great time to unplug. No kidding it has been years since I turned on the television just to watch whatever.

Cable news is pretty much worthless in my opinion. Recently Mr. Trump was trashing Fox News and while I’m a little surprised it’s also nice to know that he’s an equal opportunity shade maker on media.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#6806New Post! Jul 08, 2019 @ 06:04:32
@gakINGKONG Said

Recently Mr. Trump was trashing Fox News and while I’m a little surprised it’s also nice to know that he’s an equal opportunity shade maker on media.

So you finally realize that Fox News is fake news.

Brilliant.

NE, Ohio
#6807New Post! Jul 11, 2019 @ 12:04:15
As kids, we used to joke about "Nuclear hand grenades"

Apparently Trump thinks it's a good idea:
Donald Trump’s plan to expand the United States’ nuclear arsenal with new and smaller “tactical” weapons.

In the event we get into a Small Nuclear War

NE, Ohio
#6808New Post! Jul 11, 2019 @ 12:28:41
@chaski Said

So you finally realize that Fox News is fake news.

Brilliant.

Speaking of Faux News

online trolls working in St. Petersburg, Russia, for the Internet Research Agency (IRA)... masquerading as those of American citizens or political groups, tweeted and retweeted more than 2,000 times about (Seth) Rich, helping to keep the bogus claims about his death in the social media bloodstream.

Those efforts to keep the conspiracy theory about Rich’s murder alive online were exceedingly successful, so much so that it eventually bubbled up to Fox News.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#6809New Post! Jul 11, 2019 @ 23:54:00
President Donald Trump's nominee to become the next chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff told senators Thursday that if confirmed, he "will not be intimidated into making stupid decisions".

NE, Ohio
#6810New Post! Jul 12, 2019 @ 12:16:59
@chaski Said

President Donald Trump's nominee to become the next chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff told senators Thursday that if confirmed, he "will not be intimidated into making stupid decisions".

Well, that'll piss off Trump - "Why didn't he tell me that before I nominated him?"
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...452 453 454 455 456 ...614 615 616 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs