Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#106New Post! Jun 20, 2019 @ 14:51:53
@Cpat92 Said

chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#107New Post! Jun 21, 2019 @ 04:04:55
@Cpat92 Said

Of course you don’t care anymore. Can throw punches, but cannot take them.

So, have you started reading your holy book (aka the Holy Bible) from 1st word to last yet?

Or are you still lying to yourself and pretending that you can understand something you have never read?

Yep.... as I thought... still lying to yourself.

Don't you love your god?

Don't you want to understand his "word"?

Why are you so afraid to fully read your own holy book?

Sad that you have so little faith in your god that you refuse to read and try to understand his word.

No... not "sad"...

>>> PATHETIC <<<
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#108New Post! Jun 21, 2019 @ 09:27:36
Blest, I may now look on thee, oh, my native land,
And gladly greet thy pleasant pastures;

Now, I lay my pilgrim's staff aside to rest,
For, faithful to God, I have completed my pilgrimage.

Through penance and repentance, I have propitiated
The Lord, whom my heart serves,
Who crowns my repentance with blessing,
The Lord to whom my song goes up.

The Lord to whom my song goes up.

The salvation of pardon is granted the penitent,
He will one day walk in the peace of the blessed.

Hell and death do not appall him,
Therefore will I praise God my life long.

Hallelujah,
Hallelujah,
Eternally, eternally.

chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#109New Post! Jun 21, 2019 @ 14:53:14
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#110New Post! Jun 27, 2019 @ 17:25:04
@chaski Said

So, have you started reading your holy book (aka the Holy Bible) from 1st word to last yet?

Or are you still lying to yourself and pretending that you can understand something you have never read?

Yep.... as I thought... still lying to yourself.

Don't you love your god?

Don't you want to understand his "word"?

Why are you so afraid to fully read your own holy book?

Sad that you have so little faith in your god that you refuse to read and try to understand his word.

No... not "sad"...

>>> PATHETIC <<<

You don’t even understand His word. You just go on and rant until someone goes after you. You have no tru understanding of faith. I already started reading the entire Bible, to answer your question. You are so feeble minded you can’t see how pathetic your words are seeming.
GreatestIam2 On January 06, 2023

Ottawa, Canada
#111New Post! Jun 27, 2019 @ 17:38:14
@Cpat92 Said
You have no tru understanding of faith.

I think I do. Let me know if you care to engage on it's value.

Faith closes the mind. It is pure idol worship.

Faith is a way to quit using, "God given" power of Reason and Logic, and cause the faithful to embrace doctrines that moral people reject.

The God of the OT says, “Come now, and let us reason together,” [Isaiah 1:18]

How can literalists reason on God when they must ignore reason and logic and discard them when turning into literalist?

Those who are literalists can only reply somewhat in the fashion that Martin Luther did.
“Faith must trample under foot all reason, sense, and understanding.”
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has.”

This attitude effectively kills all worthy communication that non-theists can have with theist. Faith closes the believers mind as it is pure idol worship.

Literalism is an evil practice that hides the true messages of myths. We cannot show our faith based friends that they are wrong through their faith colored glasses. Their faith also plugs their ears.

Regards
DL
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#112New Post! Jun 27, 2019 @ 19:00:50
@Cpat92 Said

You are so feeble minded you can’t see how pathetic your words are seeming.

So it is "feeble minded" for me to tell people to read and study the Bible.

Brilliant!

@Cpat92 Said

I already started reading the entire Bible, to answer your question.

Finally! Good! It is about time!

Interesting that you have been arguing with me against reading the entire Bible from front to back, but now have decided to read ALL of it.

I sure that some how I am still evil for suggesting it to you, but good finally you start acting like a true "believer".

@Cpat92 Said

You don’t even understand His word.

At this point in your life you would not know either way, as you haven't yet read and studied all of "his word".

So far your option about the "his word" has been nothing more than you acting like a parrot and repeating what other have told you.

But finally you will read ALL of the Bible.

Good for you.

I look forward to the day when we, you and I, can have a meaningful discussion about the Bible. Let me know when you finish it (I would recommend reading it more than once as I have, but just getting you to read it once has been a monumental task, so I won't get my hopes up).
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#113New Post! Jun 27, 2019 @ 22:34:04
Once upon a time there was a boy who showed a talent for bible study. He moved to a monastery and studied the bible every day all day. At age 80, after devoting his entire life to study, he was heard to comment that he was beginning to understand the bible.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#114New Post! Jun 28, 2019 @ 00:09:18
@Erimitus Said

Once upon a time there was a boy who showed a talent for bible study. He moved to a monastery and studied the bible every day all day. At age 80, after devoting his entire life to study, he was heard to comment that he was beginning to understand the bible.

It is reasonable to have/take the position that fully understanding the Bible, is a monumental task which might even be impossible.

However, I think it unreasonable to take the position that none of the Bible can be understood. Much of it is very straight forward.

That point aside, the way to understand any book, including the bible, involves a few steps:
1. reading the book,
2. studying the book,
3. studying the author(s) of the book if you can,
4. reading commentary or discussion of the book,
5. and discussing the book other people.

However, in order to participate in step #5, i.e. having a meaningful discussion that is intended to lead towards some level of understanding, one must first read it.

This is true with any book regardless of whether the book is fact or fiction.

Yes, it may be true that someone can read the bible and not understand it. However, anyone who claims to understand it without reading it is not telling the truth.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#115New Post! Jun 28, 2019 @ 00:23:53
@Cpat92 Said

You don’t even understand His word. You just go on and rant until someone goes after you. You have no tru understanding of faith. I already started reading the entire Bible, to answer your question. You are so feeble minded you can’t see how pathetic your words are seeming.

The accuser enjoys the fight. Confusion, deception and blaming are the coins of his trade. This should be obvious to all involved as that point he brings up really isn't the point. He's channeling the spirit of Anti-Christ.

I've had enough of that; no more for me thanks.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." -(George Benard Shaw maybe )

"And if any place will not recieve you and they will not listen to you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet as a testimony against them."--Mark 6:11
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#116New Post! Jun 28, 2019 @ 00:59:33
@gakINGKONG Said

The accuser enjoys the fight. Confusion, deception and blaming are the coins of his trade. This should be obvious to all involved as that point he brings up really isn't the point. He's channeling the spirit of Anti-Christ.

I've had enough of that; no more for me thanks.

"I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it." -(George Benard Shaw maybe )

"And if any place will not recieve you and they will not listen to you, when you leave, shake off the dust that is on your feet as a testimony against them."--Mark 6:11

Yes.

Telling someone to read and study the bible is possibly the most evil thing someone can do... clearly the words of Satan.

Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#117New Post! Jun 28, 2019 @ 18:04:46
[

C:… it unreasonable to take the position that none of the Bible can be understood. Much of it is very straight forward.

E: agreed

C: … the way to understand any book, including the Bible, involves a few steps:
1. reading the book,
2. studying the book,
3. studying the author(s) of the book if you can,
4. reading commentary or discussion of the book,
5. and discussing the book other people.

E: I would add a #6 viz. take the context that it was written into consideration.

E: to understand a part it is best to have read the whole.

C: …in order to participate in step #5, i.e. having a meaningful discussion that is intended to lead towards some level of understanding, one must first read it.

E: well yeah

C: Yes, it may be true that someone can read the bible and not understand it. However, anyone who claims to understand it without reading it is not telling the truth.

E: and they are in danger of their pants catching on fire…..
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...6 7 8

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs