Politics

1st Debate Set

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: 1 2 · >>
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#1New Post! Jun 14, 2019 @ 21:32:43

TFS says I cannot just post this, so here goes a little commentary...

Looks like the big boys are duking it out in night two, but Warren, Booker, and Beto will have the luxury of getting the first night. The real losers will be the likes of Yang, who have to try and carve out some of the spotlight when all eyes will be on Biden, Sanders, Harris, and Buttigieg, the four front runners of the DNC primary, on night two
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#2New Post! Jun 15, 2019 @ 00:31:10
If I knew that the Biden administration could actually cure cancer, I'd vote for him twice.

#actualfeelings #JoeBiden2020 #cancerislesux
chaski On about 17 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Jun 15, 2019 @ 02:39:34
@gakINGKONG Said

If I knew that the Biden administration could actually cure cancer, I'd vote for him twice.

#actualfeelings #JoeBiden2020 #cancerislesux

Yes.

It is sad and dumb... massively dumb... for any politician to claim that they... their administration... will "cure" cancer.

There are (at least) a hundred different types of cancer... so finding a cure for cancer... all the different variations... is an idiotic claim.

Of course it would be OK and believable if Trump was making this stupid claim.

So much for the greatness of the USA.

San Diego, California
#4New Post! Jun 26, 2019 @ 21:20:04
This starts tonight.

, Florida
#5New Post! Jun 26, 2019 @ 21:24:41
I will wait for the badlipreading youtube video to hit.

I'll get more interested once the field is narrowed to two candidates.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! Jun 27, 2019 @ 00:16:47
Unless I plan to get involved and volunteer or something - which I don't - It will hardly matter as by the time the primaries come around, there will be very few with a legitimate shot.
Darkman666 On about 1 hour ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#7New Post! Jun 27, 2019 @ 00:31:25
I am not planning to watch 24 hours of debates, what the hours of 12 primetime debates on nbc. if abc and cbs isn't going air them, you kind wonder if anybody going to watch them at all? most people probably know the top three candidates are joe, Elizabeth, and berie are winners in the long run.

I usually don't vote until the actual president election, if I vote at all. that just me. I will read the articles on internet and the members on this topic to see if I like any of them.

San Diego, California
#8New Post! Jun 27, 2019 @ 22:14:51
So I watched it. Few thoughts on the first night...

I came away very impressed by Senator Warren - she seemed very genuine, and downright angry, almost up there with Colonel Sanders in generating passion. She also set the tone in the debate right away in terms of what was important in the issues, namely the fight against corporate dominance in our government and our lives.

I also came across as impressed with Tulsi Gabbard and Jay Inslee, two unknowns that spoke with conviction.

Booker seemed contrived a bit at times, especially when trying to speak Spanish to reach Latino voters and playing the race card too often. I think he would be a horrible candidate if he ended up our choice, as he would turn a lot of people off like Obama did.

NYC Mayor Bill DeBlasio seemed rather combative with others, which also put me off. He puts a lot of people off, apparently, as he has the lowest approval rating out of any DNC candidate. Now I see why.

I also didn’t like the way Julian Castro went after Beto on a technicality in the immigration issue, as it probably killed Beto’s hopes of getting better numbers, and, thus, his campaign - all for immigration, an issue that ISN’T among the most important. Which is too bad, as Beto is a person who really does care and have the makeup to be a President for the people.

That’s all that matters really, as all the candidates are pretty much the same on the big issues, which showed in this debate.

On to night two...
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#9New Post! Jun 27, 2019 @ 23:11:46
I didn't watch, but have seen some headlines and soundbytes.

Isn't dropping a few lines in Spanish a bit like pandering? At least in this setting. They say a few did so (and there were a few mistakes)...

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Jun 28, 2019 @ 00:21:39
@mrmhead Said

Isn't dropping a few lines in Spanish a bit like pandering? At least in this setting. They say a few did so (and there were a few mistakes)...

i read this morning, that nbc really screw up with tech issues on the debate.

, Florida
#11New Post! Jun 28, 2019 @ 01:34:44
@Leon Said

So I watched it. Few thoughts on the first night...

I came away very impressed by Senator Warren - she seemed very genuine, and downright angry, almost up there with Colonel Sanders in generating passion. She also set the tone in the debate right away in terms of what was important in the issues, namely the fight against corporate dominance in our government and our lives.

I also came across as impressed with Tulsi Gabbard and Jay Inslee, two unknowns that spoke with conviction.

Booker seemed contrived a bit at times, especially when trying to speak Spanish to reach Latino voters and playing the race card too often. I think he would be a horrible candidate if he ended up our choice, as he would turn a lot of people off like Obama did.

NYC Mayor Bill DeBlasio seemed rather combative with others, which also put me off. He puts a lot of people off, apparently, as he has the lowest approval rating out of any DNC candidate. Now I see why.

I also didn’t like the way Julian Castro went after Beto on a technicality in the immigration issue, as it probably killed Beto’s hopes of getting better numbers, and, thus, his campaign - all for immigration, an issue that ISN’T among the most important. Which is too bad, as Beto is a person who really does care and have the makeup to be a President for the people.

That’s all that matters really, as all the candidates are pretty much the same on the big issues, which showed in this debate.

On to night two...

Hello Leon,

Seems like Gabbard the Army vet made a splash.

Is it too soon to guess on who has the best chance of edging out Trump?

Serious question. Thanks.

San Diego, California
#12New Post! Jun 28, 2019 @ 05:23:40
@mrmhead Said

Probably. Although Castro probably had a legit reason to do so.

San Diego, California
#13New Post! Jun 28, 2019 @ 05:32:05
Night two...

Definitely more feisty than the previous night. I didn’t really appreciate the attacks on Biden since he will likely be the one leading the charge when all is said and done. Let’s keep the attacks on Trump.

Was nice to see Yang’s far out economic vision presented to a mainstream audience en masse for the first time, even if in snippet.

Marianne Williamson was far out, period. What was she talking about?

Hickenlooper reminds me of Jimmy Stewart.

Kamala Harris came across as strong as ever.

Sanders was, well, Sanders. Nothing new. Which, in a way, is refreshing. He doesn’t ever lolligag around his message.

Gillibrand was obviously pandering to women. May turn off male voters.

Swalwell needs to just shut his ageist trap up.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#14New Post! Jun 28, 2019 @ 13:47:47
I have read about both debates on the internet. there are too cooks in the pot, and the democrats has been, it doesn't look for us. 10 debates left, why? it seems more waste of time, more experience that candidate has the area, it is the best. using the race card to win. stupid!

two black candidates, a man and a woman, not the question of whitely voting for them. it's always been blacks for them. black men actually voting a black woman would interesting, because like cody. if harris acting more white than black, and both of them stay with agenda. blacks won't vote at all. if blacks actually believe " black matter " agenda is more important anything else. they will vote. but, the truth that black matter is not really politic, more local and state problem, than a government problem. neither candidate will them over, by the end like they use blacks burn again.

it more a race for bozo, if an Asian ran against him, and win.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#15New Post! Jun 28, 2019 @ 13:49:06
@darkman666 Said

I have read about both debates on the internet. there are too cooks in the pot, and the democrats has been, it doesn't look for us. 10 debates left, why? it seems more waste of time, more experience that candidate has the area, it is the best. using the race card to win. stupid!

two black candidates, a man and a woman, not the question of whitely voting for them. it's always been blacks for them. black men actually voting a black woman would interesting, because like cody. if harris acting more white than black, and both of them stay with agenda. blacks won't vote at all. if blacks actually believe " black matter " agenda is more important anything else. they will vote. but, the truth that black matter is not really politic, more local and state problem, than a government problem. neither candidate will them over, by the end like blacks use be burn again.

it more a race for bozo, if an Asian ran against him, and win.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs