Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#61New Post! Jun 04, 2019 @ 23:31:33
@GreatestIam2 Said

That is a reasonable and logical question.

You just do not like the answer you have to give.

Regards
DL

Negative.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#62New Post! Jun 04, 2019 @ 23:32:14
@GreatestIam2 Said

Yes, but in Job 2;3 God admits to being a sinner and being moved by Satan to do evil without a just cause.

Christian, of course, do not admit to that and would rather ignore the fact that god admits to sinning.

Regards
DL

That’s a false statement and claim.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#63New Post! Jun 04, 2019 @ 23:35:49
@chaski Said

I never said that Satan was "all knowing".

Those who actually read the story and pay attention will believe it is lame.

God knew that Job was a faithful believer in God, and yet God let Satan kill his family, take his wealth and health all to prove a point, which God already knew to be true. He made someone suffer for literally no reason. Lame.

Would you ruin a friend's life just to prove he was your friend?

You said probably. I said he isn’t to confirm that he’s not.

For someone who says they would like to gain information, you spend an awful a lot of time trying to point out flaws and the negative of one’s faith.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#64New Post! Jun 04, 2019 @ 23:57:22
@Cpat92 Said

You said probably. I said he isn’t to confirm that he’s not.

Incorrect.

I said, "Satan probably knew the answer also, or at least suspected it, and used it as a means to hurt one of God's followers"

@Cpat92 Said

For someone who says they would like to gain information, you spend an awful a lot of time trying to point out flaws and the negative of one’s faith.

I don't remember saying anything about your "faith". I couldn't care less what people's "faith" is. I do care when they misrepresent what the Bible says.

As it turns out we were talking about biblical stories, not your faith. Stories which are either A) myth/metaphor as I believe, or B) are flawed stories if they are supposed to be real events.

I do this a lot when people misrepresent the Bible, which i have read numerous times, and have studied all my adult life.

Have you read it? ALL of it? From start to finish? Have you studied it?

I've asked many people here on TFS if they have read the Bible.

Almost all have said that they have not. One said he "thought" he did, which is BS... if you read it you would know. Some have said that they will not. Nearly all have said (directly or indirectly) that I am wrong... even though they have not read nor studied it. None have given even remotely compelling arguments as to why I am wrong.

I could could be wrong, but if you have not read it, how could you possibly know.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#65New Post! Jun 05, 2019 @ 00:19:21
@chaski Said

Incorrect.

I said, "Satan probably knew the answer also, or at least suspected it, and used it as a means to hurt one of God's followers"

Either way, he did not know.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#66New Post! Jun 05, 2019 @ 00:21:38
@chaski Said

Incorrect.

I don't remember saying anything about your "faith". I couldn't care less what people's "faith" is. I do care when they misrepresent what the Bible says.

As it turns out we were talking about biblical stories, not your faith. Stories which are either A) myth/metaphor as I believe, or B) are flawed stories if they are supposed to be real events.

I do this a lot when people misrepresent the Bible, which i have read numerous times, and have studied all my adult life.

Have you read it? ALL of it? From start to finish? Have you studied it?

I've asked many people here on TFS if they have read the Bible.

Almost all have said that they have not. One said he "thought" he did, which is BS... if you read it you would know. Some have said that they will not. Nearly all have said (directly or indirectly) that I am wrong... even though they have not read nor studied it. None have given even remotely compelling arguments as to why I am wrong.

I could could be wrong, but if you have not read it, how could you possibly know.

When have I misrepresented the Bible?
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#67New Post! Jun 05, 2019 @ 00:32:01
@Cpat92 Said

Either way, he did not know.

How do you know that?
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#68New Post! Jun 05, 2019 @ 00:34:23
@chaski Said

How do you know that?

He would not have went with the idea of proving God wrong if he knew what the result would have been
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#69New Post! Jun 05, 2019 @ 00:39:45
@Cpat92 Said

When have I misrepresented the Bible?

To date, never...

Your understanding of the Adam & Eve story is the standard stuff that is typically put out by many if not most Christian sects.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#70New Post! Jun 05, 2019 @ 00:41:02
@chaski Said

To date, never...

Your understanding of the Adam & Eve story is the standard stuff that is typically put out by many if not most Christian sects.

Then why go so far in such a debate?
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#71New Post! Jun 05, 2019 @ 00:45:10
@Cpat92 Said

He would not have went with the idea of proving God wrong if he knew what the result would have been

That is an opinion, which you have a right to.

Another option, which better fits the "facts": he was manipulating god into hurting an innocent and faithful followers.

Another option is that the entire story is not factual. As allegory the story works. In fact, the story belongs to the Jews (part of the Tanakh) and the Jews view the story as allegory. It is the Christians that try to push it as a factual story.

And as a fact based story it is flawed in many ways.
chaski On March 28, 2024
Stalker

#72New Post! Jun 05, 2019 @ 00:58:30
@Cpat92 Said

Then why go so far in such a debate?

Wait... we're not suppose to discuss things anymore?

This is the "Religion & Philosophy" section of a forum (discussion) website, and I am no longer allowed to discuss religion any more?

I am no longer allowed to disagree with people when they say things I believe to be incorrect?

Ok.

Done.

In the future if I believe you to be incorrect about your understanding of bible, I will not correct you nor discuss it with you.

With you religion and philosophy are off limits.

I find that sad, but OK...Got it.

I also apologize for my 1st response in this thread, where I said:

"Sure. Not a bad idea. Do it. In my years I have attended a variety of services; presbyterian, roman catholic, episcopal, baptist, pentecostal, jewish.... etc... etc... It doesn't hurt to checkout various perspectives. You will meet people, and learn new things."

I will not make the mistake again.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#73New Post! Jun 05, 2019 @ 01:39:31
@chaski Said

Wait... we're not suppose to discuss things anymore?

This is the "Religion & Philosophy" section of a forum (discussion) website, and I am no longer allowed to discuss religion any more?

I am no longer allowed to disagree with people when they say things I believe to be incorrect?

Ok.

Done.

In the future if I believe you to be incorrect about your understanding of bible, I will not correct you nor discuss it with you.

With you religion and philosophy are off limits.

I find that sad, but OK...Got it.

I also apologize for my 1st response in this thread, where I said:

"Sure. Not a bad idea. Do it. In my years I have attended a variety of services; presbyterian, roman catholic, episcopal, baptist, pentecostal, jewish.... etc... etc... It doesn't hurt to checkout various perspectives. You will meet people, and learn new things."

I will not make the mistake again.

Now you're jumping to conclusions.
Cpat92 On May 16, 2021
It's all or nothing

Lauderhill, Florida
#74New Post! Jun 05, 2019 @ 01:42:30
@chaski Said

That is an opinion, which you have a right to.

Another option, which better fits the "facts": he was manipulating god into hurting an innocent and faithful followers.

Another option is that the entire story is not factual. As allegory the story works. In fact, the story belongs to the Jews (part of the Tanakh) and the Jews view the story as allegory. It is the Christians that try to push it as a factual story.

And as a fact based story it is flawed in many ways.

That option does not better fit the "facts." It fits to what you wish to believe is factual. That statement is as equally an opinion than mine. Which Christians push it as factual? How can we push it as factual? Can anyone prove that this existed? Can anyone prove that it did not?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs