Forums: Religion & Philosophy:
Atheism

The Earliest Best Atheists

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#1New Post! May 18, 2019 @ 17:05:02
The earliest best atheists were the Seven Dwarves. For fear of the Queen they hid away in the mines digging the whole day through, but deep in their hearts they kept resentment and disloyalty toward her. The Queen wasn't a good queen and she wasn't deserving of their love. Nor did they give it.

I wonder what happens to her in the end.
chaski On about 21 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#2New Post! May 19, 2019 @ 03:41:18
Diagoras of Melos.

Or perhaps Lucy.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#3New Post! May 20, 2019 @ 08:33:21
Let's not forget Justin Martyr:

"Thus we are called atheists. And we admit that in respect of such supposed gods as those we are atheists: but not in regard to the most true God . . . ."

Atheism most always unravels to politics. If there is no supernatural world, what choices remain?
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#4New Post! May 26, 2019 @ 13:26:22
@gakINGKONG Said

Atheism most always unravels to politics. If there is no supernatural world, what choices remain?

Science.

With the understanding that we do not know everything and cannot know everything.

As an individual most of us know relatively nothing. As the human collective we know considerably more.
But if we don't know how much "all" is, we don't know how much we don't know.

___
As I interpret it, Atheists more or less deny the existence of god. An Agnostic leaves the possibility open - or at least questions the various definitions.

I am of the agnostic camp. Sure, there may be some sort of entity that is greater than us - aka "god", but I'm not convinced... yet
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#5New Post! May 26, 2019 @ 19:07:26
Are there any religious scientists?
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#6New Post! May 26, 2019 @ 19:18:37
/we should submit to god and go to church. We know this is true because the church tells us so. and ...and god told the church. hmmmm

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! May 26, 2019 @ 19:25:20
@Erimitus Said

Are there any religious scientists?

Yes.

I've heard some say that because everything is so finely put together it is evidence of a higher power.

That's a whole other rabbit-hole thread to fall down.

NE, Ohio
#8New Post! May 26, 2019 @ 19:44:44
@gakINGKONG Said

The earliest best atheists were the Seven Dwarves. For fear of the Queen they hid away in the mines digging the whole day through, but deep in their hearts they kept resentment and disloyalty toward her. The Queen wasn't a good queen and she wasn't deserving of their love. Nor did they give it.

I wonder what happens to her in the end.

I've thought of the opening of 2001:A Space Odyssey, though I'm not so sure those monkeys didn't worship something.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs