So you want
Trump to win.
No. You weren't paying attention.
What I was saying was:
1. From a political strategic/tactical perspective the Dems need the H.R. & the Senate more than the Presidency.
2. I don't think the Dems have a candidate who can win, so, again the Dems need the H.R. & the Senate more than the Presidency.
3. If, and I believe it a huge "IF", the Dems win with Bernie, I think his presidency will ultimately be a failed presidency.
4. If, and I believe it a huge "IF", the Dems win with Biden, I think his presidency will a one term presidency.
And, relative to all of that
I think our economy is going to tank in the next few years. If that does happen, whoever is the President is going to get the blame. So...
5. If there is a Democrat President, he/she will get the blame for the failed economy and we will end up with another Republican President... AND
we could even end up with Trump again in 2028 (though age might be prohibitive in that regard).
I don't want Trump to be our president.
What I really thing is going to happen is that Trump is going to win and the Republicans are going to maintain control of the Senate.
Do I want that? No.
Is it what I see happening? Yes.
there was somehow a trade off of like: Trump wins, but the Dems take control of the H.R. and the Senate... that would be a good option.
Bottom line, repeating myself, the Democrats don't have a long game
. They don't have a candidate that will win. If he/she wins it will be a one term presidency, with the Republicans coming back in 2024. More judges going to the Republicans. More f__ked up foreign policy. More f__ked up domestic policy. More damage to the USA as a country.
Do I want all that to happen? No.
Do I think it is lily to happen? Yes.
Trump wins 2020 or another Republican (maybe even Trump again) wins 2024.
Just being a realist here.