You can't stop all of them, so why stop any of them

Thank you,
Good night!

DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#2New Post! May 07, 2019 @ 23:00:42
Ugh there was just one last week at a university in the carolinas.

It just makes me sick.
mrmhead On about 20 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#3New Post! May 08, 2019 @ 00:32:15
@DiscordTiger Said

Ugh there was just one last week at a university in the carolinas.

It just makes me sick.

What sickens me is that I'm becoming numb to them.

I remember crying for Sandy Hook

Horrified at the Amish schoolhouse in Ohio (I even forget the details now)

And now ...
Oh, here's another one .. lets see how the facts and statistics stack up to the rest...

chaski On about 8 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#4New Post! May 08, 2019 @ 01:22:29
I am resisting the immense temptation to say something sardonic.

I only resist as it is inappropriate to make fun of this situation; that in America gunning down each other and our children is (as DT & mrmhead noted) sickening.
restoreone On January 30, 2022

, Ohio
#5New Post! May 08, 2019 @ 16:03:57
@mrmhead Said

What sickens me is that I'm becoming numb to them.

I remember crying for Sandy Hook

Horrified at the Amish schoolhouse in Ohio (I even forget the details now)

And now ...
Oh, here's another one .. lets see how the facts and statistics stack up to the rest...

You have. Forgotten t.j. lane Chardon Ohio shooter. My children attended Chardon schools. Voted best suburb N.E Ohio. Farm community,million dollar MaCmansions. Many moved to this county to get away from the violence of Cuyahoga county.

tj lane went to a special school for trouble youths. They had all of the so call expert mental health people on site. Yet none of them so this coming. He was posting on his facebook page some very dark stuff before the shooting. He stole his weapon from his uncle.His parents were both drug user. He lived with his grandparents. His brother died of an overdose about a year after the shooting. A troubled family. That the so called experts could not help.

NE, Ohio
#6New Post! May 08, 2019 @ 16:15:25
@restoreone Said

You have. Forgotten t.j. lane Chardon Ohio shooter. My children attended Chardon schools. Voted best suburb N.E Ohio. Farm community,million dollar MaCmansions. Many moved to this county to get away from the violence of Cuyahoga county.

tj lane went to a special school for trouble youths. They had all of the so call expert mental health people on site. Yet none of them so this coming. He was posting on his facebook page some very dark stuff before the shooting. He stole his weapon from his uncle.His parents were both drug user. He lived with his grandparents. His brother died of an overdose about a year after the shooting. A troubled family. That the so called experts could not help.

And I'm getting details mixed.

The Amish schoolhouse shooting was in PA, and yes I remember (bits of) the Chardon shooting and (after a quick reminder-search) the despicable antics of TJ.

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Aug 04, 2019 @ 13:11:39
And today we have two to consider.

One in my hometown state (again).
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#8New Post! Aug 04, 2019 @ 23:38:44
Yeah, I spent a lot of time in El Paso. And that was the mall we used when we lived there.

I can’t even anymore.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#9New Post! Aug 05, 2019 @ 00:24:35
@mrmhead Said

Thoughts and Prayers
Headline News cycle (getting shorter)
It's too soon
Let them grieve
Promises promises
Historical recap (getting longer)
Enforce the laws
It's my constitutional right
You can't stop all of them, so why stop any of them

Thank you,
Good night!

My solution is to not be that person. I intend to not conduct an indiscriminate mass shooting. I further my influence by creating a two-parent stable home and instill the values I have in my children.

If everyone did that there would be no shootings--no murders of any kind. But for the grace of God.

That said, mass killings will continue. And once the laws are changed and the guns removed, then our officials will decry the knife attacks until a national call for knife ban happens.

Your Welcome,
and good night

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! Aug 05, 2019 @ 00:41:54
@gakINGKONG Said

My solution is to not be that person. I intend to not conduct an indiscriminate mass shooting. I further my influence by creating a two-parent stable home and instill the values I have in my children.

If everyone did that there would be no shootings--no murders of any kind. But for the grace of God.

That said, mass killings will continue. And once the laws are changed and the guns removed, then our officials will decry the knife attacks until a national call for knife ban happens.

Your Welcome,
and good night

One wound have to be well trained to kill 9 in under a minute.
Much less injure many more.

NE, Ohio
#11New Post! Aug 05, 2019 @ 01:20:54
GOPers: "We'll give you background checks for ....
mmm... Increased surveillance!"

(just guessing)
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#12New Post! Aug 05, 2019 @ 03:11:21
@gakINGKONG Said

Your Welcome,
and good night

OR....

We could just update the Brady Bill to eliminate gun show exceptions and other loopholes, in requiring more universal background checks, and including more reasonable requirements, such as the absence of certain mental health and domestic abuse backgrounds, in addition to criminal histories.

You know. Common sense measures. That mirror statistical research.

Nobody is calling for absolute gun bans. The only thing even remotely close to that has just been a request that automatic weapons return to the forbidden list. They serve no purpose other than for a crazed individual to use to unload hundreds of bullets in less than a minute into a crowd. That way less people will be killed when he goes postal with a weapon.

And the hysteria that you people perpetuate on it only ensures even reasonable measures never reach the floor.
psycoskunk On December 24, 2020
Funky-Footed Skunk

A fort made of stinky socks, C
#13New Post! Aug 05, 2019 @ 03:50:17
*Sighs.* Alright, I see where this is going...

You guys can stay and crash in Canada for a while if you want. Make yourselves at home, pull up a chair, sip on a maple syrup and practice your A's and your "ehs," yadda yadda. Just leave all that gun nonsense behind you and chill up here.

All I ask in return is a pair of dirty socks for rent. And they gotta have a noticeable, natural odour to them. No rubbing socks in dirt and then putting cheese slices inside them to try and trick me, I can tell the difference!
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#14New Post! Aug 05, 2019 @ 06:51:21
@Leon Said

OR....

We could just update the Brady Bill to eliminate gun show exceptions and other loopholes, in requiring more universal background checks, and including more reasonable requirements, such as the absence of certain mental health and domestic abuse backgrounds, in addition to criminal histories.

You know. Common sense measures. That mirror statistical research.

Nobody is calling for absolute gun bans. The only thing even remotely close to that has just been a request that automatic weapons return to the forbidden list. They serve no purpose other than for a crazed individual to use to unload hundreds of bullets in less than a minute into a crowd. That way less people will be killed when he goes postal with a weapon.

And the hysteria that you people perpetuate on it only ensures even reasonable measures never reach the floor.

Leon, you used the word hysteria.

Are you not aware of what the UK and Australia have done already? That's not hysteria, that just reading the signs. Once Trump is out of the office and somebody more left-leaning is in office, no crisis of humanity will go wasted to change the range and scope of power at the top. Incrementalism is the key. Just go through every 2020 DNC presidential candidate Twitter feeds from the last three days and you'll see. There's no stopping these people. We can only slow them a little.

NE, Ohio
#15New Post! Aug 05, 2019 @ 11:41:47
@gakINGKONG Said

Leon, you used the word hysteria.

Are you not aware of what the UK and Australia have done already? That's not hysteria, that just reading the signs. Once Trump is out of the office and somebody more left-leaning is in office, no crisis of humanity will go wasted to change the range and scope of power at the top. Incrementalism is the key. Just go through every 2020 DNC presidential candidate Twitter feeds from the last three days and you'll see. There's no stopping these people. We can only slow them a little.

So you've changed your tune from "Can't stop 'em all (so why stop any of them)" to "The Power Grab Shuffle"

Well then lets thank our president for reversing this "power grab" back in 2017:

President Donald Trump quietly signed a bill into law Tuesday rolling back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illnesses to purchase a gun.

Link
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: 1 2 3 ...10 11 12 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs