The Forum Site - Join the conversation
Forums:
Politics

At Trump golf course, undocumented employees said they were sometimes told to work extra hours without pay

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
white_swan53 On October 07, 2020

n/a, New Mexico
#1New Post! May 02, 2019 @ 07:24:39
Quote:

“It was that way with all the managers: Many of them told us, ‘Just clock out and then stay and do the side work,’ ” Jose Gabriel Juarez, a former head waiter of the Grille Room at the Trump National Golf Club Westchester, said of the overtime he worked without pay

link

Everyone who finds it surprising that Trump has businesses that have benefited from low-paid undocumented workers for a decade or longer , please raise your hand.
Here in this state any American caught employing one or more undocumented workers are fined and the workers are usually deported , that's the way it worked out when back in the 1980's my uncle was caught employing 3 undocumented workers from Mexico . If memory serves, the fine was $1500.00 per worker.
It would seem that Trump owes a hell of a chunk of change .

link
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#2New Post! May 02, 2019 @ 12:59:31
Happens to the best of us.
chaski On about 20 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! May 02, 2019 @ 14:21:38
@gakINGKONG Said

And "we" like to make excuses for the worst of us.

n/a, New Mexico
#4New Post! May 02, 2019 @ 19:49:51
@gakINGKONG Said

Far be it for me to think I can tell others how or why or when to do any thing, but I have to say, there is such a low energy feeling to your posts . Its depressing to see one.
Take a nap or a relaxing walk or a vitamin , something .

n/a, New Mexico
#5New Post! May 02, 2019 @ 20:16:23
How does Trump do it ? He manages to totally insult both the undocumented worker the democrat and every republican who is not part of his shrinking base.
He actually gave a speech at his club to a gathering of parents who's kids had been murdered by illegal immigrants while paying/employing illegal immigrant workers to serve food or drinks to the gathered crowd.
Quote:
n June 2016, Trump gave a campaign speech at the Westchester club and recounted how he had hugged mothers and fathers whose children had been murdered by illegal immigrants.

“On immigration policy, ‘America First’ means protecting the jobs, wages and security of American workers, whether first or 10th generation,” Trump said in his speech. “No matter who you are, we’re going to protect your job because, let me tell you, our jobs are being stripped from our country like we’re babies.”

The golf clubs all took taxes and social security from these employees pay checks just like the workers were legally employed . Plus the number crunchers shorted hours or averaged hours over a pay period ... all of which is breaking the law . and not just our immigration laws.
chaski On about 20 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#6New Post! May 02, 2019 @ 21:06:21
@white_swan53 Said

He manages to totally insult both....every republican who is not part of his shrinking base.

He actually insults everyone, including his base, but they are proud of him for it and too stupid to pay attention.

I know that is insulting to some, and I am sorry for the fact that the truth sometimes hurts.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! May 03, 2019 @ 00:42:07
You know,
If only they'd enforce the laws they already have on the books ...

They wouldn't need more gun laws a wall!

n/a, New Mexico
#8New Post! May 03, 2019 @ 06:06:50
@mrmhead Said

You know,
If only they'd enforce the laws they already have on the books ...

They wouldn't need more gun laws a wall!

Oh well now you're just being uncooperative and mean saying stuff like that. Who would be so mean hearted as to expect law enforcement to do the job they get paid to do by enforcing laws .

NE, Ohio
#9New Post! May 03, 2019 @ 23:31:34
@white_swan53 Said
He actually gave a speech at his club to a gathering of parents who's kids had been murdered by illegal immigrants while paying/employing illegal immigrant workers to serve food or drinks to the gathered crowd. .

Wow - He's damn lucky they weren't MS-13.

That could have been like a Red Wedding scene!!

NE, Ohio
#10New Post! May 03, 2019 @ 23:35:09
@white_swan53 Said

How does Trump do it ? He manages to totally insult both the undocumented worker the democrat and every republican who is not part of his shrinking base.
He actually gave a speech at his club to a gathering of parents who's kids had been murdered by illegal immigrants while paying/employing illegal immigrant workers to serve food or drinks to the gathered crowd.

The golf clubs all took taxes and social security from these employees pay checks just like the workers were legally employed . Plus the number crunchers shorted hours or averaged hours over a pay period ... all of which is breaking the law . and not just our immigration laws.

He's consistent:

Speaking down, against illegal immigrants in public gets a rise out of his base.

Hiring and paying illegal immigrants low wages gets a rise out of the bottom line.

They Both Benefit TRUMP!!

n/a, New Mexico
#11New Post! May 04, 2019 @ 08:12:10
@mrmhead Said

Wow - He's damn lucky they weren't MS-13.

That could have been like a Red Wedding scene!!

I wonder how it is that his clubs don't get a certain percentage of MS-13 members as employees. If the people doing the hiring is to ignorant to know fake paperwork when they see it, how could they help being to ignorant about fake maids , bus boys or dishwashers.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs