Forums:
News & Current Events

Dictator Donald

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#1New Post! Apr 25, 2019 @ 15:39:39
With the White House and Justice Department completely stonewalling any subpoena, interview request, and/or document request by the House, we now have our executive branch essentially blocking our legislative branch from performing their constitutional oversight duties and relegating their role in the balance of powers. And, without the threat of oversight, this, in essence, gives Trump the green light to do whatever he wants.

And, while the legality of this is certainly in question, our courts, the third branch, gives us little hope out of it as well, with the appointments of Gorsuch and Kavanaugh in the Supreme Court assuring likely 5-4 partisanship in favor of Trump if these things ever get there in time to put a stop to it.

If this is not a Constitutional crisis and dangerous precedent for our country, then I don’t know what is.

While Nov. 8, 2016 was quite a letdown, for the first time, I am genuinely fearful of the future of our country.
Erimitus On July 01, 2021

The mind of God, Antarctica
#2New Post! Apr 25, 2019 @ 17:46:27
chaski On April 19, 2024
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#3New Post! Apr 25, 2019 @ 18:07:46
Trump already told us what he wanted in an interview about a year to 18 months ago. He wants a lifetime presidency. I have to confess, for Trump, he was a little bit Subtle… That is subtle for him self…

But he said it.

Not many people paid attention but he told us what he wants.

If any other president in US history, with the possible exception of George Washington, had use the words that he did, the media would've been an uproar. The people would've been an uproar. But we are desensitized...

...and his followers don't care. They think God for him.
Darkman666 On April 23, 2024

Saint Louis, Missouri
#4New Post! Apr 25, 2019 @ 18:38:29
republicans and his followers gets their tax breaks, abortion, and less care, the wall, they will support him to hell and back.
Leon On March 30, 2024

San Diego, California
#5New Post! Apr 25, 2019 @ 19:50:45
@chaski Said

Trump already told us what he wanted in an interview about a year to 18 months ago. He wants a lifetime presidency. I have to confess, for Trump, he was a little bit Subtle… That is subtle for him self…

But he said it.

If any other president in US history, with the possible exception of George Washington, had use the words that he did, the media would've been an uproar. The people would've been an uproar. But we are desensitized...

Oh there really hasn’t been any doubt for some time that Trump would love to be an emperor. But that isn’t really the scary part. Let’s be honest, it has probably been the fantasy of many past Presidents to be able to impose their entire agenda unchecked, especially when frustrated by Congress.

Which brings me to my point. The scary part is that he IS acting on it unchecked, as we are seeing the ability by the House to properly counter it diminished and the lack of willingness by the Senate to even try.
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#6New Post! Apr 25, 2019 @ 22:44:23
@Leon Said

While Nov. 8, 2016 was quite a letdown, for the first time, I am genuinely fearful of the future of our country.

If you call early Christmas a letdown.

Fear really isn't needed. It's not good for your health.

Just remember, Uncle Joe is running and he has a snowballs chance and a bit extra of making DJT a one-termer.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#7New Post! Apr 26, 2019 @ 01:22:49
@chaski Said

But he said it.

There was an underground grumbling when (Bush I?) said something about "A New World Order" ....

And of course there was the chicken little cry of Obama's time.

But I think actions speak louder than words ... if anyone is paying attention.

SQUIRREL!!
gakINGKONG On October 18, 2022

, Florida
#8New Post! Apr 26, 2019 @ 07:59:31
@darkman666 Said

republicans and his followers gets their tax breaks, abortion, and less care, the wall, they will support him to hell and back.

All the way back.

Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#9New Post! Apr 26, 2019 @ 12:17:26
@darkman666 Said

Abortion?

I think you have that backwards.

Darkman666 On April 23, 2024

Saint Louis, Missouri
#10New Post! Apr 26, 2019 @ 13:54:34
@Eaglebauer Said

Abortion?

I think you have that backwards.

without republican president, the republicans could never pass a bill that allow new abortion laws. because democrat president would veto those bills. what I mean.
Eaglebauer On July 23, 2019
Deleted

Saint Louis, Missouri
#11New Post! Apr 26, 2019 @ 14:05:29
@darkman666 Said

without republican president, the republicans could never pass a bill that allow new abortion laws. because democrat president would veto those bills. what I mean.

Ok.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs