Walk away...

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...18 19 20 · >>
chaski On about 14 hours ago
Stalker

Tree at Floydgirrl's Window,
#16New Post! Feb 19, 2019 @ 00:36:31
I suppose one could say that Ann Coulter just walked away...
Stalker

#17New Post! Apr 24, 2019 @ 14:54:28
State Rep. Andy McKean (Republican) walks away.

Personally I think all these Republicans walking away should have stayed and formed an ant-Trump Caucus within the Republican Party.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#18New Post! Apr 24, 2019 @ 15:13:25
I do hope that somebody like Kasich runs on a third party platform to acquire their votes. The purpose wouldn’t be to win, but to eliminate the greater of two evils. The Starbucks maven is taking a few points away from Democratic hopefuls in three-way polling, so this would have the same effect on Trump.
Stalker

#19New Post! Apr 24, 2019 @ 16:02:21
@Leon Said

I do hope that somebody like Kasich runs on a third party platform to acquire their votes. The purpose wouldn’t be to win, but to eliminate the greater of two evils. The Starbucks maven is taking a few points away from Democratic hopefuls in three-way polling, so this would have the same effect on Trump.

Moderate Dems & Reps have much in common... maybe more in common with each other than they have with the extremists in their own parties.

3rd Party!
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#20New Post! Apr 24, 2019 @ 16:32:04
@chaski Said

Moderate Dems & Reps have much in common... maybe more in common with each other than they have with the extremists in their own parties.

3rd Party!

Funny little bit I found while looking up what it takes to get on the ballot as an independent.

At the beginning of the debate (August 2015), moderator Bret Baier asked candidates to raise their hands if they were unwilling to pledge not to run as third-party candidates in the fall, should they fail to win the Republican nomination.
However, on September 3, 2015, Trump signed a party loyalty pledge affirming that he would endorse the ultimate Republican nominee and forgo an independent or third-party run
Republican Party operative Peter Wehner said, "If they [at the RNC] think it's honestly going to keep [Trump] from running for a third-party bid, they are delirious. Donald Trump does what is in the interest of Donald Trump. He has no loyalty to the Republican Party."

Ballotpedia
Stalker

#21New Post! Apr 24, 2019 @ 17:53:58
it won't happen for 2020, and may never, but for me a new party made up of centrist former democrats & Republicans wining 5% to 10%..,

5 to 10 Senators
20 to 40 HR membey
2 to 5 governors
And 5% to 10% of popular vote... and winning a few states, maybe 20 or so electoral college votes....

Would be well worth the second Trump term
Stalker

#22New Post! Apr 24, 2019 @ 18:19:52
@chaski Said

it won't happen for 2020, and may never, but for me a new party made up of centrist former democrats & Republicans wining 5% to 10%..,

5 to 10 Senators
20 to 40 HR membey
2 to 5 governors
And 5% to 10% of popular vote... and winning a few states, maybe 20 or so electoral college votes....

DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#23New Post! Apr 24, 2019 @ 19:47:18
@chaski Said

5 to 10 Senators
20 to 40 HR membey
2 to 5 governors

Intellectually I know we really need a new third party. I also think, that to get it lots of death and destruction needs to happen first.
That’s what I fear about statements like worth a second trump term.

Not that I’m scare of trump specifically, but how bad it has to get. Mostly because the death and destruction is going to be the weak and vulnerable, and personally I care for many of them. Me and mine won’t be safe and secure in a crisis. Any major crisis. That scares the f*** out me.

San Diego, California
#24New Post! Apr 24, 2019 @ 19:53:01
@chaski Said

3rd Party!

I really don’t think the DNC candidates are that far apart really. All pretty much favor some form of government run or government funded health care at this point, favor urgent action on the climate, favor tax increases on the rich, favor voter rights reform and lobbying reform, and are largely in agreement on social issues and immigration. Credit Bernie, who WAS extreme in 2016, for bringing a lot of it to the mainstream. As far as the voters, take a look at the polls. The majority favor all of these things as well.

I think the media is working too hard in trying to create a perceived split within the party and overblowing minor differences in opinion, erroneously comparing it to the Tea Party fractioning that occurred during Obama’s terms.

San Diego, California
#25New Post! Apr 24, 2019 @ 19:59:24
The way our system is set up, it’s almost impossible for a third party to gain traction to the point of being a threat to win an election. One party can replace another party, which has happened, but major revisions in our election system and the way Congress is set up would need to take place to enable a realistically viable multiple-party system beyond two in our government, like what we see in Great Britain and other places. 40 percent of Americans today identify themselves as independents, yes, but that has been the case many times before, and has never dipped below 20 percent. It doesn’t result in 20-40 percent voting for a third candidate. Independents largely end up voting for one party or another in our elections rather than for an actual independent candidate.
Stalker

#26New Post! Apr 24, 2019 @ 22:19:30
@DiscordTiger Said

Intellectually I know we really need a new third party. I also think, that to get it lots of death and destruction needs to happen first.
That’s what I fear about statements like worth a second trump term.

Not that I’m scare of trump specifically, but how bad it has to get. Mostly because the death and destruction is going to be the weak and vulnerable, and personally I care for many of them. Me and mine won’t be safe and secure in a crisis. Any major crisis. That scares the f*** out me.

With a 2nd Trump term the damage to our country would be severe.
Yes, the weakest would likely take the biggest hit to their lives and well being.
The middle class would foot the bill.
In addition, many Trump supporters would suffer, though few would admit it in our life time or ever for that matter.

But you already know my opinion: We're going to have a 2nd Trump term anyway.

So (at least for me) why not dream (however briefly) that a 3rd party could get some traction in 2020... combined with the inevitable 2nd Trump term...

....it would be the end of the Republican party as we know it, and maybe even politics as we know it in the USA.

Again... pie in the sky, as it will soon be time to buckle in for more of the madness of I wish I was a mob boss Trump.
mrmhead On March 27, 2024

NE, Ohio
#27New Post! Apr 24, 2019 @ 22:36:34
@chaski Said

Yes, the weakest would likely take the biggest hit to their lives and well being.
In addition, many Trump supporters would suffer, though few would admit it in our life time or ever for that matter.

So (at least for me) why not dream (however briefly) that a 3rd party could get some traction in 2020... combined with the inevitable 2nd Trump term...

....it would be the end of the Republican party as we know it, and maybe even politics as we know it in the USA.

Again... pie in the sky, as it will soon be time to buckle in for more of the madness of I wish I was a mob boss Trump.

Phoenix from the conflagration
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#28New Post! Apr 25, 2019 @ 02:31:04
@chaski Said

I don’t necessarily think you are wrong.

I don’t want you to be right, because I need hope... but recognize it’s probably going to get worse and need to buckle in.
Stalker

#29New Post! Apr 25, 2019 @ 03:21:35
@DiscordTiger Said

I don’t necessarily think you are wrong.

I don’t want you to be right, because I need hope... but recognize it’s probably going to get worse and need to buckle in.

You know that I only say these things to provoke you into telling me to shut my whore mouth...
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#30New Post! Apr 25, 2019 @ 05:08:23
@chaski Said

You know that I only say these things to provoke you into telling me to shut my whore mouth...

Lol. I thought about adding that!
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 ...18 19 20 · >>

2 browsing (0 members - 2 guests)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs