Game of Thrones Season 8 - may contain spoilers

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 9 ...16 17 18 · >>
Darkman666 On about 21 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#91New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 16:36:55
@Leon Said

If one is going to sacrifice him/herself for the other, I would guess Jon would do the deed rather than Dany since A) Dany appears to be more ambitious in gaining the throne and B) Jon has already sacrificed himself to save others before.

irony, with ratings, something not surprise by hbo or tv network, to have both jon and dany die with her dragons into the sea.
DiscordTiger On December 04, 2021
The Queen of Random

Administrator

Emerald City, United States (g
#92New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 16:43:30
Dude, once the red wedding happened, we all know martin/HBO were not above having everyone/anyone die.

The red wedding was even worse on HBO than in the book. So f***ing brutal.

Hell, even Sean bean should have been a clue.
Leon On December 21, 2023

San Diego, California
#93New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 20:27:23
There is talk of Hodor returning as a night walker in the upcoming episode.

And apparently, while the bulk of the battle will occur in the epic 82 minute episode 3, we will see the beginning of the battle between the North and the Night King’s army in episode 2.

San Diego, California
#94New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 20:28:58
@DiscordTiger Said

Dude, once the red wedding happened, we all know martin/HBO were not above having everyone/anyone die.

The red wedding was even worse on HBO than in the book. So f***ing brutal.

Hell, even Sean bean should have been a clue.

Definitely a real shocker/letdown.

Almost as bad as election night 2016.

San Diego, California
#95New Post! Apr 22, 2019 @ 16:40:40
With nothing but a few romantic confirmations and inclinations, episode 2 was a bore.

But I’ll give them a pass on it since the upcoming episode 3 will be a very eventful 82 minutes with the battle between the North and the White Walkers.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#96New Post! Apr 22, 2019 @ 17:18:16
Nooooo. Episode to was so amazing with so many emotional payoffs, I laughed, I cried, I've watched it twice already.

The only thing that felt a little off was dany and sansa... something about the way Dany was with her, not that i doubt tht she has feelings for jon, but something seemed off, like she was being a little fake nice to sansa. Which im hoping sansa will see. Sansa learned a lot from Littlefinger.

Though some of my favorite scenes are the ones tht are prep before battles. LOTR had a lot of those, I thought this episode was very reminiscent of the the preparations before Helms Deep. Young boys and old men are having to deal with the uncertainty and not being in their prime, many who wnt to fight are being sent to hide and wait it out, people are contemplating where they are going and where they have been, relationships get solidified.

San Diego, California
#97New Post! Apr 22, 2019 @ 17:29:42
@DiscordTiger Said

Nooooo. Episode to was so amazing with so many emotional payoffs, I laughed, I cried, I've watched it twice already.

The only thing that felt a little off was dany and sansa... something about the way Dany was with her, not that i doubt tht she has feelings for jon, but something seemed off, like she was being a little fake nice to sansa. Which im hoping sansa will see. Sansa learned a lot from Littlefinger.

Though some of my favorite scenes are the ones tht are prep before battles. LOTR had a lot of those, I thought this episode was very reminiscent of the the preparations before Helms Deep. Young boys and old men are having to deal with the uncertainty and not being in their prime, many who wnt to fight are being sent to hide and wait it out, people are contemplating where they are going and where they have been, relationships get solidified.

I loved Helms Deep, including the prep. But that was partly because the battle was so amazing, the yang to the yin of the prep. So, like I say, I will give this episode a pass because I realize it was the way it was to prep all of us for what is to come, including the characters.

Dany definitely had an agenda and wasn’t just in there to build a relationship with Sansa for the reasons she gave. I think it was probably just to get her underneath her, the biggest clue being the removal of her hand from hers when Sansa suggested she may not let the North under control of the Iron Throne.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#98New Post! Apr 25, 2019 @ 19:45:58
I saw Sunday's episode, it was ok. what thing with jon snow tell her about his real name, and her reactions to it. of course, maise showing her boobs always the ratings. off screen, maise read the script, she didn't know that she really have to show them, until the scene was taped.

this episode was just wrapped some conflicts with some characters and bring more together for the fight.
mrmhead On about 22 hours ago

NE, Ohio
#99New Post! Apr 29, 2019 @ 00:47:11
OK, Let the culling begin!

There was some article that said the only thing closest to a battle scene as long as this one was Helm's Deep.

There was also speculation that the Night King spit his army and sent some to King's Landing.

We shall soon see.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#100New Post! Apr 29, 2019 @ 01:12:04
@mrmhead Said

OK, Let the culling begin!

There was some article that said the only thing closest to a battle scene as long as this one was Helm's Deep.

There was also speculation that the Night King spit his army and sent some to King's Landing.

We shall soon see.

if they said butler did it or colonel mustard did it in the library. I will never play clue again!
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#101New Post! Apr 29, 2019 @ 06:35:39
Holy f***.

San Diego, California
#102New Post! Apr 29, 2019 @ 15:04:52
Definitely epic - record breaking in length for a battle scene, from what I hear. Helms Deep, while not even close to this one in length (it was only 20 or so minutes long), was easier to follow, so I liked it better. This one was hard to follow at times. Maybe it was the literal darkness, but there were some character plots that were difficult, like what was Bran doing, and why the good dragons were not utilized better to stop the wraiths (especially right after the fire barrier was lit - Jon was literally seen just sitting there with his dragon watching the wraiths break through - this was BEFORE the night king showed up with his dragon).

It was messy, but it all made sense at the end, for better or worse. I may watch it again now that I know what happens so I can better pick stuff up. It is the whole chaos of battle that I think they were trying to convey, which is trendy of late. They did a good job of that in the battle north of the wall last season. Helms Deep was more structured, but more emotional in my opinion.

Now that that is over, questions remain to be answered in the final 3 episodes:

Are there enough soldiers (and dragons) remaining to be able to successfully take on Cersei and her hired army?

Will Dany accept Jon’s right to the throne?

Why, and how, did Jon Snow come back from the dead?

Saint Louis, Missouri
#103New Post! Apr 29, 2019 @ 15:31:15
I thought the battle was ok, not like the epi, i was assuming, because the real battle at the end of the series.

"I have seen better epic battles in " braveheart " and " 300 ". best performance was the living dead. most deaths were somewhat predictable. better defense at the castle, not questionable dragon battle scenes. why brother having fatboy and the guy in the wheelchair in the episode, they did nothing.

it was nice for change, two women save the day, than ordinary two men save the fight.

the epic battle held back due, probably to build up the series finale, the episode way too predictable, to have a lack of outcome that it had.
The Queen of Random

Administrator

#104New Post! Apr 29, 2019 @ 15:52:45
I thought Jon was holding back because that was the plan.

The dragons were going to go after the night king, not save the castle. They knew they could not beat the hoards, taking out the night king was their only chance.

Dany jumped the gun when her Dothraki were taken out. Who she felt responsible for and were led by Jorah.
Though that flaming swords parts were amazing.... I mean I understand losing a whole f***ing army in minutes was devastating.

Jon really hasn’t been in charge of people much, like not fully responsible where it hurts. He lead the nights watch, reluctantly on both sides, and they rejected (killed) him. He was “king of the north” but he didn’t want it, and they really would have given it to anyone else if there was a choice. A bastard with a title is rare. Even Bolton bastard was rare granting of title and he tricked/tortured people to get it.
Even calling it the battle of the bastards was rubbing it in it wasn’t “normal.”

But yeah... I still don’t see why Jon was brought back yet. And Arya is a f***ing badass.

I was watching on my phone while I got ready for bed. So I did take a few breaks, that kind of helped. It was emotionally heavy, and graphically very dark and blurred. Which was apparently intentional.

Saint Louis, Missouri
#105New Post! Apr 29, 2019 @ 16:07:38
@DiscordTiger Said

I thought Jon was holding back because that was the plan.

The dragons were going to go after the night king, not save the castle. They knew they could not beat the hoards, taking out the night king was their only chance.

Dany jumped the gun when her Dothraki were taken out. Who she felt responsible for and were led by Jorah.
Though that flaming swords parts were amazing.... I mean I understand losing a whole f***ing army in minutes was devastating.

Jon really hasn’t been in charge of people much, like not fully responsible where it hurts. He lead the nights watch, reluctantly on both sides, and they rejected (killed) him. He was “king of the north” but he didn’t want it, and they really would have given it to anyone else if there was a choice. A bastard with a title is rare. Even Bolton bastard was rare granting of title and he tricked/tortured people to get it.
Even calling it the battle of the bastards was rubbing it in it wasn’t “normal.”

But yeah... I still don’t see why Jon was brought back yet. And Arya is a f***ing badass.

I was watching on my phone while I got ready for bed. So I did take a few breaks, that kind of helped. It was emotionally heavy, and graphically very dark and blurred. Which was apparently intentional.

I was wondering why or what the big deal of the battle was played out in daytime. it was a brilliant play of night king using the elements against the dragons. if night king use the storm to produce lightning bolts against them. the battle would be end in 10 minutes.

jon was other person able to ride and control the dragons in flight. jon did lousy job in the battle. why would the fans think she wipe out the night king with fire, if he was ready dead. duh!

it more brilliant to have night king to have achilles heel to kill him, that would sense, in that period of where the story set, it would sense.

hbo must force the producers of gto make fluffy fluffy episode.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 ...5 6 7 8 9 ...16 17 18 · >>

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Be Respectful of Others

Subscribe to topic prefs