Shootings

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2
Electric_Banana On February 05, 2024

, New Zealand
#16New Post! Apr 13, 2019 @ 11:54:05
@darkman666 Said

eb- you talking about my childhood girlfriend. I grew watching my Shirley every Saturday afternoon. it was double feature on tv from 12-4:00 pm. I was from little kid to my early teen year. I had a poster of my gal over on bedroom's wall, where my head. I was in love with my gal, Shirley. I love my Shirley!!

interesting fact that ted knight and gavin mccloud were b actor villains for most their careers. they did serious acting, never a huge until " the mary tyler moore show." since then their careers started in comedy. made them household names.

gavin has good comedy roles for years on " McHale's navy. and ted played off and on " get smart".

lesie nelson was a serious actor for years, never was that big. he took a huge leap of faith was staring role in "airplane ". most people, never know lesie got his big breaking acting was in 60's " stagecoach " with john wayne.

Yeah, when I think Nelson I always remember Airplane...that was my kid show; think I was seven at that time; seen it at the theater and then for three months street caught as many showings of it as I could on Movie Channel, Showtime and HBO.
Darkman666 On about 24 hours ago

Saint Louis, Missouri
#17New Post! Apr 13, 2019 @ 19:19:31
@Electric_Banana Said

Yeah, when I think Nelson I always remember Airplane...that was my kid show; think I was seven at that time; seen it at the theater and then for three months street caught as many showings of it as I could on Movie Channel, Showtime and HBO.

the timing of when airplane! came out was brilliant. it was tail end of the " airport " sequels, the beginning of " star wars " and " superman " sagas. the end of western and the end or pretty much end of the vigilante saga.

airplane! comes out of left, after " blazing saddles" and " young frankstein " that spooks old westerns and old horror movies. who comes up with a brilliant spooks on how it feel at the airport and how the staff treat you on a planes

it was brilliant.

even airplane 2, brought back of all people: William shatner at the time, more or less a fair actor. shatner was overnight success as a comedian actor. shatner reprise his serious role of captain kirk. he dropped the serious acting make his role as comedically. just like llyod bridge in airplane! both performances were soo out of character for bridge and shantner was brilliant to watch.

, New Zealand
#18New Post! Apr 17, 2019 @ 06:11:15
@darkman666 Said

the timing of when airplane! came out was brilliant. it was tail end of the " airport " sequels, the beginning of " star wars " and " superman " sagas. the end of western and the end or pretty much end of the vigilante saga.

airplane! comes out of left, after " blazing saddles" and " young frankstein " that spooks old westerns and old horror movies. who comes up with a brilliant spooks on how it feel at the airport and how the staff treat you on a planes

it was brilliant.

even airplane 2, brought back of all people: William shatner at the time, more or less a fair actor. shatner was overnight success as a comedian actor. shatner reprise his serious role of captain kirk. he dropped the serious acting make his role as comedically. just like llyod bridge in airplane! both performances were soo out of character for bridge and shantner was brilliant to watch.

Yeah, Shatner in Airplane 2 was a nice surprise.
MarkAnthony On May 02, 2019

Dublin, Ireland
#19New Post! Apr 17, 2019 @ 07:26:49
Hmmm,

I don't think shooters are generally led down that path directly due to economic stress. The shooter in your homeland NZ for example wasn't a poor and disaffected person.

For one.... a dozen guns are expensive.

It's not that they have nothing, its that they are being led to believe what they do have is threatened, and threatened by 'others'. That focus can be on Islam or immigrants in general or Jews or any number of targets.

Essentially there is a narrative built up that these individuals identities are at risk and when you have that environment some small number of people will take violent action to protect themselves or their society or culture.

At least thats how they percieve it, as their viewpoint is twisted and wrong.

That's the white suppremacist type shooters of course. There are other kinds, school shooters, incels, islamic extremists and each has their own set of disturbing influences and motivations.

All in all though, I buy economic stress as a factor in any crime but I don't think its correct to attribute this kind of terrorism to it.

, New Zealand
#20New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 02:22:14
@MarkAnthony Said

Hmmm,

I don't think shooters are generally led down that path directly due to economic stress. The shooter in your homeland NZ for example wasn't a poor and disaffected person.

For one.... a dozen guns are expensive.

It's not that they have nothing, its that they are being led to believe what they do have is threatened, and threatened by 'others'. That focus can be on Islam or immigrants in general or Jews or any number of targets.

Essentially there is a narrative built up that these individuals identities are at risk and when you have that environment some small number of people will take violent action to protect themselves or their society or culture.

At least thats how they percieve it, as their viewpoint is twisted and wrong.

That's the white suppremacist type shooters of course. There are other kinds, school shooters, incels, islamic extremists and each has their own set of disturbing influences and motivations.

All in all though, I buy economic stress as a factor in any crime but I don't think its correct to attribute this kind of terrorism to it.

No, it's not fair to go and shoot a crowd of people you suspect to be selfish in lieu of stupidity because they're all too stupid to realize their selfishness or their stupidity.

All that's accomplished is a crowd of shot down people who don't know what your on about and left over martyrs.

The ones who could use a good shooting are too spread out, hidden and protected.

As for the instance here in the land of the big long fart-ripped ozone layer - that was idiocy. I think the guy was influentially younger during the 9/11 situation and grew up in contempt because of it.
He blamed all Arabs for the actions of a small percentage of them and that's just simply ill-informed even if popular Middle-Eastern religion tries to assert that they are all the collective spirit of Mohamed.
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs