Two Million March In London For Another Vote

Reply to Topic
AuthorMessage
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6
nooneinparticular On April 15, 2019

, Hawaii
#76New Post! Apr 15, 2019 @ 05:11:37
@bob_the_fisherman Said

Claiming that a politician lied, therefore the vote is invalid, is a bit like saying water fell from the sky when it rained so the vote should be invalid. It's an absurdity that not even Kafka would write about. The underlying premise is that in other elections the political class do not lie, and that people are so gullible and mentally impoverished they have no choice other than to believe what they're told because thinking is beyond them.

That's a rather funny statement coming from someone who espouses that a second referendum cannot happen because the political elite lied about what they could get out of negotiations with the EU. We cannot 'reward' politicians when they lie to the populace and 'willfully give us the poorest deal ever', but we can 'reward' politicians when they lie to the populace about the nature of leaving the EU in the first place?
bob_the_fisherman On 22 minutes ago
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#77New Post! Apr 15, 2019 @ 06:51:47
@nooneinparticular Said

That's a rather funny statement coming from someone who espouses that a second referendum cannot happen because the political elite lied about what they could get out of negotiations with the EU. We cannot 'reward' politicians when they lie to the populace and 'willfully give us the poorest deal ever', but we can 'reward' politicians when they lie to the populace about the nature of leaving the EU in the first place?

No. What I said was the people were asked a question and they gave an answer the political class don't like and are working to undermine. My position is that you don't reward the undemocratic fervour of the political class because precedents set a precedent.
Jennifer1984 On April 19, 2019
Remoaner and proud

Penzance, United Kingdom
#78New Post! Apr 17, 2019 @ 17:50:56
Revealed: How Leave.EU faked migrant footage.

An investigation by Channel 4 News also reveals how Arron Banks’ pro-Brexit group appears to have staged photos of migrants attacking women in London

The pro-Brexit campaign group, Leave.EU, faked a viral video and appear to have staged photos of “migrants”, shortly before the EU referendum.

An investigation by Channel 4 News found that images purporting to show “migrants” attacking young women in London seem to have been staged.

The group – backed by businessman Arron Banks – was also behind a fake video, claiming to show how easy it is for migrants to sneak into Britain. In reality, satellite data shows the men on board had not left UK waters.

The photographs and video both involved a former SAS soldier, Jonathan Pollen, who works for Banks’ corporate intelligence agency.

Although the photos were never used, the fake video went viral, garnering hundreds of thousands of views on Facebook.

Responding to the investigation Arron Banks accused Channel 4 News journalists of creating “fake news” themselves.

But Labour MP Jo Stevens, who sits on the Culture, Media and Sports Committee described the video and images to Channel 4 News as “fake news”.

“The video of the boat is very obviously fake and put together in a fake way. The photographs are a little bit more difficult to spot that, but clearly fake news with a deliberate intention of stoking hatred and anti-immigrant feeling and rhetoric.”

She added: “We have local government elections, we have potentially European Parliament elections, we might have a General Election, and we might have a second referendum – and we still have no regulation around digital campaigning and the sort of disinformation and fake news, which will play a part in all of those elections, unless some regulation is put in place.”

‘Migrant’ images

Just days before the EU referendum in 2016, Leave.EU published an “undercover investigation” on Facebook, purporting to show how easy it is to smuggle migrants across the Channel.

But satellite data, seen by Channel 4 News, shows the footage was filmed in reverse. The shots of “migrants” entering the UK were actually filmed before the boat had even left British waters.

Just days earlier, Leave.EU was also behind a series of seemingly-staged photographs that show a woman being violently attacked by a man wearing a hooded jacket. Another photo appeared to show a woman being grabbed from behind as she walks into a shop.

One of the attackers seen in the photos is wearing a distinctive grey denim jacket, with black leather sleeves and a white hood. A strikingly similar outfit is worn by one of the “migrants” seen in the Channel crossing video.

Leaked emails, seen by Channel 4 News, show the pictures were emailed by Mr Pollen to Andy Wigmore, Leave.EU’s head of communications and Arron Banks’ right hand man.

Mr Wigmore then forwarded them on to Leave.EU press team, saying: “Migrants beating up girl in Tottenham [on] Saturday… Can we get this ready to go as a press release.”

Phil Campion, who fronted the Channel crossing video, firmly denied that he personally was involved in faking anything.

“I am not deceiving anybody. I didn’t cut the video. I didn’t cut the footage. I gave them the footage they asked me for, okay? I brought people back from France.”

Jonathan Pollen did not respond to our request to comment.

Channel 4 News Reveals Fake Video Of Migrants During Brexit Campaign

The bit about this that really makes me laugh is that somebody like Pollen, who is trying to pass himself off as being a member of the Special Forces Reserve hasn't got the nous to realise that his boat could be tracked by GPS.
bob_the_fisherman On 22 minutes ago
Anatidaephobic

, Angola
#79New Post! Apr 18, 2019 @ 09:16:43
@Jennifer1984 Said

Revealed: How Leave.EU faked migrant footage.

Forgive the sarcasm of this post, but do you feel the same way about years of the media covering up the child abuse in Rotherham, Rochdale, Telford, Newcastle etc., that led to the brutal abuse of literally thousands of little girls? People in the media knew for years that it was happening, but no one said anything.

Channel 4? Is that the BBC channel 4 that does hit pieces on people like Jordan Peterson then whines about "misogyny" and "bullying" when people respond to their gutter tactics?

You never respond to certain questions, but I am really interested in your answer to this one: Are you aware of the BBC series Panaroma and its attempts to smear Tommy Robinson as a sexual predator?

He secretly filmed them as they were working with a far left hate group (ironically called "Hope not Hate" ) on a documentary they were working on, that they called the "Tommy Takedown." Their plan was to lie about and smear him, but luckily for him one of the people being interviewed (a former employee of Tommy's with whom he had had a public falling out) had integrity and let him know.

She secretly recorded lying John Sweeney who not only said they were planning on doing something "sexual" regarding Tommy (meaning they were planning on lying about him abusing women), he also said in the 'interview' that he likes speaking Turkish to Greeks because it makes them angry. Apparently this despicable maggot thinks genocide is funny. He also mocked gay people.

The guy should have lost his job. But instead of that, Tommy got banned from all major social media platforms within days of his pre-emptive documentary "Panodrama" being shown live on a big screen in front of thousands of people outside the BBC, after a Muslim and BBC operative complained.

Were you aware of this?

If so, I'd like your thoughts on the supposedly unbiased BBC seeking to destroy a guy through knowingly lying about him (then trying to cover their a** by crying to social media to get Tommy kicked off their platforms to stop the information from spreading), when his main crime seems to be that he exposed child abuse. You could mention the BBC's previous experience of covering up child abuse in your answer if you want. But if you're not aware of it, that should tell you something about the UK media shouldn't it (assuming you still live in the UK)?
Reply to Topic<< Previous Topic | Next Topic >>
Pages: << · 1 2 3 4 5 6

1 browsing (0 members - 1 guest)

Quick Reply
Politics Forum - Some Rudeness Allowed

Subscribe to topic prefs