My Stats

Antarctica
PLS: ? 21.76

ProfileJournalFriendsPostsPics

Post digestive nuggets
TFS Journal
Berievement
March 17, 2019 @ 01:40:44 pm

Grief, a response to the loss of that which a bond of affection has formed, when it has died.

Grief is a natural resoponse. We cannot choose not to grieve. Grief happens. We can, however, choose how we grieve.

Q. Sain people grieve. We have all done it. How do you, personly, deal with your grief?

Quote | Reply

gakINGKONG

New Post! March 17, 2019 @ 03:49:37 pm
When Daddy died I felt panic. I wasn't maudlin or sad. I felt as though a big event was happening and I had to fight my way through--sort of like recovering from a fire, flood, or tornado.

My mother was comforted by the hope of seeing my dad in heaven.

Erimitus

New Post! March 17, 2019 @ 06:44:21 pm
A reaction to loss is expressed in many ways. Recovery from loss of a loved one does not seem to have a universal emotional pathway. Anxiety would be a normal response when we find ourselves in an uncontrollable situation.

Leon

New Post! March 18, 2019 @ 02:05:49 am
To me, when my father passed away and my grandfather passed away, both of whom I loved, was close to, and miss today, feelings were more in the realm of cherishing of memories than suffering for the loss.

I cannot explain why, really. It’s interesting how differently people respond to the death of a loved one.

I know if my wife passed away, I would be much more devastated, and for a long time..

Darkman666

New Post! March 18, 2019 @ 03:18:02 am
one of the best way, I saw grief done tv. on " archie bunker's place " when edith died, everybody was concern that archie was not show any grieving during the first week after the funeral.

archie in own way was holding it in, he was taught that way, not show emotionally outburst. during the second week, archie's family thought this was not health. but still left archie alone, they convince archie take all edith's clothes and other things out of archie's bedroom and put in storage. he agree, because he couldn't sleep in the same bed without edith. he was sleeping on the his conch, since edith's death.

the family got the boxes of edith, and took them out of the bedroom. and that moment, archie on the bed alone in the room. then look down at his feet by the bed, and one of the edith's slipper still there. then archie pick the slipper held and then very tightly, and start to cry. that how the end of two part episode.

Erimitus

New Post! March 18, 2019 @ 03:20:26 am
@darkman666 Said

one of the best way, I saw grief done tv. on " archie bunker's place " when edith died, everybody was concern that archie was not show any grieving during the first week after the funeral.

archie in own way was holding it in, he was taught that way, not show emotionally outburst. during the second week, archie's family thought this was not health. but still left archie alone, they convince archie take all edith's clothes and other things out of archie's bedroom and put in storage. he agree, because he couldn't sleep in the same bed without edith. he was sleeping on the his conch, since edith's death.

the family got the boxes of edith, and took them out of the bedroom. and that moment, archie on the bed alone in the room. then look down at his feet by the bed, and one of the edith's slipper still there. then archie pick the slipper held and then very tightly, and start to cry. that how the end of two part episode.

Some people do not know how to grieve. Some people hold it in and it rips them up inside. It is a strong emotion and as has been stated people express it in different ways.

chaski

Stalker

New Post! March 18, 2019 @ 03:25:43 am
Sorry... Chaski proceeds to be verbose...

The word "grief" applies to the loss of my grandfather & my mother... if I were a poet, my words might rival Poe's.

To an extent "grief" applies to the loss of one of my aunts, and two of my cats... (I know that probably sounds trite or weird).

"Grief" does not really apply to my grandmother. She lived so long (101 years), too long in her stated opinion, that however close we were "grief" does not seem to be the word... celebration of life fits better.

"Grief" also doesn't apply to the loss of my father. The dynamics are too much to explain here, but while I miss him, "grief" is not the correct word; "absence"... is more applicable.

On another, somewhat similar level, "grief" does not apply to the "loss" of my wife (divorce not death). There were certainly days when I grieved, but a better description would be temporary agony replaced by a deep and (apparently) lasting feeling of joy and life.

"Grief" does apply to the people I have know, or have known of, who made the ultimate sacrifice for the rest of us.... so as to not go political on this topic, I will stop... now.

white_swan53

New Post! March 18, 2019 @ 08:39:25 am
For the most part all my experiences with loss of a loved one was my grandparents , my dad , great aunts and uncles all except my dad had lived into their late 80's or early 90's and had, had lived full lives and were ready to go
.I was of a mind that while I missed then , they had all been a huge part of my growing up years , They were no longer suffering from the ravages of old age and hard work ,the type that rural folks did back in the day before electricity m cars, tractors etc...
Then one day in October 2001 my only daughter barely 21 yrs . old, had the misfortune to meet a drunk driver who was passing another car on a double yellow line. I spent most of that first year sitting on her head stone racking my brains for a way to trade places with her. Then most of the second year in one on one grief counseling .
When on of the ' old folks' passed on life just continued on . But that was because they had put their affairs in order , everyone knew who would step in and fill the spot n the family ranching business the memories spanned my entire life and I had lots of mostly happy memories .
Normal changed, but the change was so well orchestrated that it barely made a bump.
Not so with the change of normal' as I knew it , after my girl death sudden death.
Just about the time I felt I was going to be able to heal and deal , my brother, who was a OTR heavy haul truck driver, died suddenly in 2005 , when the trailer load of drill pipe he was transporting went off an embankment dragging his peterbilt with it killing him instantly. We were close not only in age , he was 14 months older then me, but as close in heart as siblings could be.
The death of a loved one before my daughters and since my brothers seem to register, because nothing or no one comes close to the grief or feeling of loss either of those deats wrought. So I guess it could be said Ii deal with grief by with a cold hearted type of emotion .

Quote | Reply